Thread: Center Diff.

RC Competitor

Center Diff.

I was looking on the website (traxxas) and in the accessories it shows a center diff.
    I've looked at every pic I could get my eyes on and none of them show it on.
    Looking at the pics I don't see how or where it's going to mount...any ideas or known facts about this option?
    Last edited by tmaxx254me; 10-29-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    Stock Slash 4x2
    Slash 4x4 RTR
    Shake-N-Bake!

RC Qualifier
    i'm thinking with the center diff there's no need for the slipper clutch. so this will take up that whole space. please correct me if i'm wrong...

You remove the slipper clutch and install the center diff in it's place...

RC Champion
    I wonder if it would just make the front tires spin more since the load goes to the back and the front gets lighter on take off. I was talking to a friend about it because I thought it would be awsome and he said he had read people used them in E-Maxxes and it would just make the front spin more. I am all about accessories and stuff but this is one I will wait on for sure..... at least until there is quite a bit of feedback from people.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Competitor
    I put the center diff in my nitro Revo 2.5 when I was racing it. It made a difference on transfering power between the front and rear, so with that theory it should do the same with an electric vehicle the same way right?
    Stock Slash 4x2
    Slash 4x4 RTR
    Shake-N-Bake!

RC Racer
    correct me if I'm wrong someone, but it will depend on the weight of the oil and is most useful in coming out of corners. Buy keeping the front wheels on the ground you get better traction coming out of the corner and the oil weight simply fine tunes the front to rear power distribution.
    E-RevoMMM2200
    Revo3.3MMM2200
    EB48/HW2650

RC Champion
    You can 'tune' the center diff with different weight oils... so it will blow or lock depending on how you want it. This is really only a nice upgrade for racers.. allows not only left and right tuning, but front to rear tuning. As stock form the slipper only allows adjustment to avoid breaking spur gears and the drive line parts.. and a little in the way of power output but not front to rear at all.
    Last edited by 8ight-e; 10-29-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    I love you MAN! Need a hug?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Bobby
    i'm thinking with the center diff there's no need for the slipper clutch. so this will take up that whole space. please correct me if i'm wrong...
    The slipper is used to lighten the load of the drive train from the power of the motor..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Bobby

thats is correct with the center diff there will be no slipper. You would use lighter or heavier diff oils to tune power distribution F/R same as 1/8th scale buggies do
    Loose Nuts Racing
    Skip Shartzer