Thread: This Charger

RC Racer

This Charger

Hi, I have this charger (******* 2s 3s Balance charger direct 110/240v input) that I currently use to charge my small mini size LIPO packs. It charges and balances directly in a wall outlet and is really easy to use and works well. Will this work on the full size 5000 mah LIPOS that the Slash 4x4 uses? I know it will take forever to charge one of the packs, but can I use it for the time being? Thanks

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...110/240v_Input

RC Qualifier
    Yes, I believe it will work but like you said, it will probably just take awhile to charge fully. If your going to spend the money on a big lipo, you might as well spend money for a decent lipo charger such as the accucel 6 from hobby city.

RC Qualifier
    i have the accucell 8 and it is a great charger. ******* makes some pretty decent stuff for the money
    Revo 3.3,slayer,ERBE,
    Slash 4x4 RTR and Platinum

RC Champion
    THAT WILL TAKE FOREVER! 7.6 hours to charge, to be exact.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yes that charger will work, but if you take your lipo to 80% discharge, it will take about 6hrs to charge and 100% discharge (something that should not be done with lipos) will take 7.7hrs to charge..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    yes that charger will work, but if you take your lipo to 80% discharge, it will take about 6hrs to charge and 100% discharge (something that should not be done with lipos) will take 7.7hrs to charge..
    most lipos are rated to hold their labeled capacity in suitable voltages. my 5200 mAh will take ~5250 mAh, and isn't charged from 0.00v.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dude
    most lipos are rated to hold their labeled capacity in suitable voltages. my 5200 mAh will take ~5250 mAh, and isn't charged from 0.00v.
    and has been proven they don't last as long when taken to 100% of their capacity..
    most of mine in FE boat racing I only take them to 70%, a lot less stress on the cells.. they stay cooler and have better punch and last longer
    specialy in my brushless erevo, cuz that sucker sucks some amps with the 6XL
    I have other lipos that I've taken to the 100% mark and they don't performe like they used to..

RC Champion
    well, i haven't had any probs running down to LVC with my VXL, but that isn't a 6XL in a heavy Revo lol.

RC Racer

Thanks

Thanks everyone, very helpful!