RC Competitor

Rambling thoughts

1>

Seeing as the front and rear suspension arms are the same ....

There should be no reason why, with some ingenuity, that the front C-Hub parts could not be installed on the rear, to allow toe tuning, and, with the right kind of bracket/mount to secure the required control rods, the tuning could/would function to allow toe change that changes with suspension compression ..... ( this would/could also apply to the 2wd Slash... )

2>

I hope Traxxas starts sending sample Slashx4's to aftermarket vendors to allow them to get some jump start on creation of aftermarket goodies ......

3>

I hope Traxxas starts getting accessories and replacement parts sent out as soon as the main kit starts shipping

4>

I hope Traxxas takes some much greater initiative to offer additional aftermarket and tuning options, including tires, tire compounds, wheels, bodies, Lipo etc .....

RC Champion
    im thinking a 4x4 4 wheel steer truck should be possible. with some custom pieces.

i agree on 2, 3 and 4.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Qualifier
    Im wondering if Traxxas is going to use the same hindge pins or a different type of pin on the control arms. Either E clips or the STRC type pins would be awesome.......Just my humble opinion.

RC poster
    What do you all think about the plastic chassie? I know the slash has one....Do you see this being an issue?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jabuc
    What do you all think about the plastic chassie? I know the slash has one....Do you see this being an issue?
    Given the nature of the design, I have a feeling the chassis is going to be plenty rigid. If you note the triangulated ribs molded into the chassis on the 4x4, that is for strength while maintaining light weight. Its the same design engineers use on bridges and trusses.

The 2wd slash is not designed that way and it has held up very well, so if am confident that the 4wd version will be just fine. As a mechanical engineer, just looking at some of the design details is pretty impressive. I am jealous of the engineers that work at traxxas.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Any job in this industry would be a much happier job than my current job lol!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I would like to see more 'belted' tires in rc. With brushless power and lipo's the tires balloon big time and beadlock rims don't work real well. Maybe belted tires will help solve this problem.

RC Competitor
    You can use Gorilla Tape. That works really well for ballooning tires.

RC Qualifier
    I'd rather use a belted tire. I wonder if this will become the standard on all rc tires?
    http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/103347/
    Sorry for using HPI as an example but with all the power people are putting in their kits the tires have to get better.