Thread: Comparison

RC Qualifier

Comparison

Which is more bang for the buck in 4x4, EMaxx or Slash? Also, which weighs less?

RC Qualifier
    Slash Still rules for $200, but the 4x4 will become King if it is around $350. eMaxx is past it's time
    EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain

RC Champion
    Slash 4x4 gets my vote. The E-Maxx is not without it's flaws. Any amount of heavy jumping and landings will break the plastic bulkheads on the E-Maxx, effectively splitting the chassis into two, right where the rear bulkhead attaches.

Look at this way.

Slash 4x4 is cheaper, brushless out out of the box, faster, lighter, and only needs one battery pack at a time. Also has a 2.4 giga-hertz radio.

Unless you speak of the brushless edition E-Maxx, the Slash 4x4 pretty much beats the E-Maxx hands down. Even the brushless E-Maxx will still break more because of the weak bulkhead design. Not that aftermarket parts can't fix that weakness........
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Racer
    I have a E-Maxx 3905 BL (2350kv) with 4S. It's crazy, but it's not very durable.

My old 2WD Slash (4000kv & 3S) was very durable. I could race or bash it battery after battery, sometimes hours and it still wouldn't break.

The E-Maxx, I don't think I've run a full set of batteries without it breaking yet. I got very spoiled with the durability of the old Slash.

If the new Slash is as durable as the old, I will probably sell my E-Maxx.
    Slash 4x4 PE
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    How would you compare the E-Revo with the 4x4 Slash?

RC Champion
    e-revo has its limits for sure, driveshafts, knuckles, etc.

the slash will bemuch better due to weight and design

RC Qualifier
    My son's E-maxx breaks something just about every time he takes it out. On the other hand, my Slash has taken some much harder hits and so far I've had to replace the motor, one steering knuckle, one rear axle carrier, and the large front suspension pins, even after letting some of my nieces and nephews drive it. If I were going for a 4x4 electric it would be the slash all the way.
    You can't take the sky from me.

RC Qualifier
    I just hope the 4x4 Slash is a good hill climber. A couple of years back I had an EMaxx. Right out the box a u-joint broke leaving me stranded for a couple of weeks. Very disappointing. Once fixed, it was awesome at tackling hills. Due to its weight and back pain I got from lifting it into my lap, I sold it. Hopefully, this new Slash will not weigh much more than the 4x2. I love my Slash. It is truly amazing the beating it takes and keeps going.

Is it really even a fair comparison? One is a Monster truck one is a short course race truck. Would you compare the two kinds of trucks in the 1:1 world and ask which is better?
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I think he just wants to know the bang for the buck value. For example, can a $348 truck be as much fun to drive as a $394 truck? I would say for $10 more, you'd have a lot more fun, unless you like fixing things.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Champion
    The revo is in another league.. it can actually keep up in a 1/8 class. I know we have not seen the 4x4 slash in real action but knowing 4x4, knowing SC trucks I can guarantee it's not going to be even close to a revo on the track or bashing... PERIOD. This truck will be a blast and a 1000x better than any 2wd SC, but common vs a revo LOL. PS I'd bet the revo holds out on the same jumps a lot longer than the 4x4 slash will..
    I love you MAN! Need a hug?

but it definitely holds up to the revo when bashing
    Where are you bashing? If you use the E-revo to it's potential, then the Slash falls short. There are lot's of times the E-reo is not being pushed to hard, in which case the Slash is fine. Even with bigger tires, the Slash hangs places the E-revo can power through. They're both bashable, and fun, but still not in the same class.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.