Thread: Slash vs slayer

RC Enthusiast

Slash vs slayer

What are the differences one will notice when driving both. I currently have a slash an am thinking of the slayer as my first nitro car. I really enjoy the slash an am wondering how different the slayer will be. Will, it jump and handle as well? I know that the slayer is obviously faster but will I like it coming from the slash?

Nitro and electric are two different entities. In addition 2wd vs 4wd. The Slash is just a narrower Revo and does just fine.

RC Enthusiast
    In addition to that, the slayer is much heavier than the slash. I personally like that feel because the truck sticks to the stack better. The slayer is 4wd so it will handle better on the track than the slash. The only downside to it is that it really pushes in the corners. The slash will fish tale much more because it is 2wd. I can gun by slayer down the back stretch at my track and it will keep very straight. A similarity with both the slash and the slayer is that they come out of the factory with terrible suspension setups. Alot of people get bad first impressions on the truck at first, because of the sloppy suspension but with a little bit of shock tuning, it will handle 100% better than the slash. Slayer FTW!!!

IMO the Slayer jumps better than the Slash due to the weight and it being 4wd. The suspension on the Slayer soaks up the landings alot better too.

You'll definately want a sway bar kit, 45wt shock oil all around, and get all the springs available for the truck so you can find what you like. I like the black stripes on the rear and the (I think they're green) on the front or which ever is the next softest below the black striped ones.

The springs sets aren't that much only a couple bucks per set.

RC Qualifier
    I have both the slash and the slayer I really enjoy bashing with the slayer, I don;t think much of the slayer on a race track. I really enjoy racing my slash on a track and would never go bashing with it. Thats my opinion
    Slayer,ModSctSlash,AE8E, Spektrum DX3R

RC Champion
    I have both... The slayer is a fun bashing truck, but the slash is really fun to race. I race on a carpet track with my slash and run my slayer in open fields. There's really nothing similar about them, so they're not exactly comparable... I have more fun with my slayer though
    RC enthusiast!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah but the slash 4x4 is the best of both worlds.
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

RC Champion
    right, go with the 4x4 slash
    RC enthusiast!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by R-maxX 19
    Yeah but the slash 4x4 is the best of both worlds.
    Yup, time will only tell. I just wish that it was based off the rustler LCG chassis stretched a few inches. Buy the looks of it, the slayer 3.3 will be able to keep right with the 4x4 slash on the track.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    @OP

Keep in mind nitro has a higher operating cost. The truck is heavier, so its going to be harder on tires/wheels. There's the fuel, and all the supporting tools if you don't have them already.

Its not a deal breaker at all. Nitro just takes a bit more commitment, there's a lot more maintenance and cleaning with nitro. With the extra work comes extra reward, and a well tuned nitro car is just a pile of fun to drive.