Thread: roller version

RC poster

roller version

www.extremehobbyzone.com lets you purchase a 4x4 with different tires wheels and bodies. you can also get it in roller form on the cheap

RC Qualifier
    I wouldnt want a roller, it already comes with the electronics i want

RC Champion
    wow! except i tried getting all stock stuff-ended up over 500 vs 399 :P

RC Champion
    well if you have a slash and you whant the 4slash i think this is pretty good cuz you can scrape off all the your crap and put it on the 4slash (when i say crap i mean your loved esc and motor and receiver etc.)
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    wow that really seems like a rip off. doing the option list is horrible. a vxl system does not sell for 170. the tires and wheels are normally included with a roller as well as a body. they are out to rob you

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by streetracero1
    wow that really seems like a rip off. doing the option list is horrible. a vxl system does not sell for 170. the tires and wheels are normally included with a roller as well as a body. they are out to rob you
    ya no kidding but just for the roller its not bad but still steep i think i will stay with ebay lol
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Champion
    my slash came to 239.99... thats not a heck of alot more than a normal slash up here in canada. sell old slash, basically roller with servo. keep all other stuff.. Vxl/sidewinder combo, spectrum radio and im good

I agree with streetracero1, its kinda a rip to buy wheels and tires seperate?
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHPEDE
    my slash came to 239.99... thats not a heck of alot more than a normal slash up here in canada. sell old slash, basically roller with servo. keep all other stuff.. Vxl/sidewinder combo, spectrum radio and im good

I agree with streetracero1, its kinda a rip to buy wheels and tires seperate?
    I would say so too unless you are a racer and you want tires/wheels of your choice.
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Champion
    mods please make this STICKY!

RC Racer
    Why not just buy the truck and sell the rest yourselves. That's what I will do.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by brushlessbandit

y do you whant this to be a sticky??
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by brushlessbandit
    Just put the website in you're bookmark.

189$ for a roller is nice I may want one. Since I have a brand new traxxas VXL-3s waterproof esc (come back from warranty), a new motor, two receiver. The only thing I need is a servo. So I could build another truck for cheap.
    No pain! No Gain!

RC Champion
    See this was exactly my point in the other roller thread, you spend $185 on something that has no wheels, no tires, no body, no electronics, no nothing.

A set of wheels and tires will run you $50, a body will run you $40 and then whatever other electronics you want to add.

So basically a rolling chassis with a body will run you $275. May as well buy a RTR and part it out.

But no, everyone was saying it would be cheaper to get a roller and go from there. lol

Mine was $334.99 with the 60 off 300 coupon

$335 - $100 (vxl) - $75 (2.4) - $25 (battery) = $135 for a roller

Oh well
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Racer
    When I think roller, I think everything but electronics. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the term "Roller" but if I am not, then this company is misleading to a degree. Dont get me wrong, they tell you in black and white what it includes, but I agree the price is high for what you're getting.

I am too lazy to do the math, but I wonder how much it would cost to buy the parts individually that they are including in their "roller" for sale and assemble it by hand.

I'm all for wanting a roller, but it better include wheels, tires & body

I guess the better questions would be to take the price of the RTR 4x4 and subtract the cost of the motor/esc and receiver/remote/servo and see where the price is at then
    Dru

RC Qualifier
    it says its curently out of stock and won't let you see how much everything is now

RC Champion
    will a mmm 4x4 slash wheelie? when u punc the throttle. what the fastest motor i can put in it with out pulling wheelies
    warn: 40% and rising!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rc guy
    will a mmm 4x4 slash wheelie? when u punc the throttle. what the fastest motor i can put in it with out pulling wheelies
    well a vxl wheelys with a good batt so i don't know
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    im no electric guy really but i dont think the mmm would be a good choice if you dont want wheelies thats a tourqey monstertruck motor so it would probly pull wheelies pretty bad
    Poohbear72

RC Racer
    Cool , I will remember this. Thanks for the heads up.
    Won my first race in 1985...

RC Champion
    The MMM will for sure make it wheelie, if you get the optional center diff it would probably not in that case, at least not for very long.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Champion
    bump......

plz sticky for a while until after it comes out.... that way everyone will be able to see that there is a roller of it and stop saying there needs to be a roller.

RC Champion
    does anyone think the vxl system will make this thing wheelie? it has 4wd, wont that help?
    warn: 40% and rising!

RC Champion
    i think on 2s lipo/7 cell nimh no wheelies and wheelies on 3s lipo.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Champion
    for the price of a roller Slash...I could go out and buy a Mugen MBX6 Roller (it's a buggy)for around $170...and have it race ready at the same time...the Slash requiring wrenching and probably wheel change to make it race worthy...and the Mugen uses the standard 17mm hubs so wheels for it are generally cheap..the Slash wheels would cost a bit more...
    you'd be cheaper to go out and buy a buggy kit over a Slash kit..the Slash would cost alot more to get it track worthy over a buggy which is already race based

and I don't have an Extra VXL lying around..so RTR for me would be good...saves me money in the long run...

I'd buy a Slash RTR over a Slash roller....and I would buy a buggy roller over a Slash roller...
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Champion
    who ever dont want some stuff just buy a rtr a sell wat u dont want.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Racer
    Dang, thats pretty cool. Thanks for that link dude

I was going to buy a slash and part the stuff out. But dealing with ebay, the list fee's, paypal fees, and shipping to different people would all add up fast. Id rather just by from that place as long as it a legit place that has good feedback. Ive never heard of them. Ive got some plans for this car, and I dont need pretty much anything from the rtr. Dont need the shocks, arms, turnbuckles, and all that

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    who ever dont want some stuff just buy a rtr a sell wat u dont want.
    theres no guarentee that u get a lot of money out of the electronics, and i want a used roller too.

RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!
    THATS NOT A ROLLER!!!

Who would pay $190 for only a chassis? That would be stupid.

EDIT: Not trying to call anyone stupid, but it would not be smart .
    Last edited by fastman; 10-18-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    I got skills!

RC Racer
    For someone like me who doesnt want all the rtr junk. And I dont feel like selling it all off.

Its perfect. I just wonder how trustworthy that place is.

RC Qualifier
    BUT... I tried to build one with everything stock, but without radio and receiver, and it still came to $402! That is much more than the RTR, and with the RTR, you can sell the radio for around $75-$90, and have the same thing for $300.
    I don't think it makes sense.
    I've set the bar, don't trip over it...

RC Qualifier
    dont compare this to my thread guys.. this is a rip off. how many rollers come with no tires/wheels/body? i call that a chassis.

traxxas should sell a TRUE ROLLER for 180 bucks..

RC Champion
    this is crap.

a true roller for $180 would be cool.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Champion
    !? really u think that? okay then

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxas4fun
    dont compare this to my thread guys.. this is a rip off. how many rollers come with no tires/wheels/body? i call that a chassis.

I agree!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by iambillbraskey
    www.extremehobbyzone.com lets you purchase a 4x4 with different tires wheels and bodies. you can also get it in roller form on the cheap
    What a joke!
    they are parting out a RTR and making tons more on the price!
    and making you feal like you got a deal... lame

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxas4fun

quite a few higher end rollers come with out wheels..and have a clear body...like Mugen/RC8/X-Ray/Kyosho/Tamiya

most of them don't come with wheels..but do come with a clear body...
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ah what?
    it's called throttle control

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    quite a few higher end rollers come with out wheels..and have a clear body...like Mugen/RC8/X-Ray/Kyosho/Tamiya

most of them don't come with wheels..but do come with a clear body...
    Exactly. Any high end race kit doesnt come with wheels and tires. Yeah a body. But who wants the stock TRX one anyhow? I think the JC and proline bodies are way cooler. So the stock one would just be sitting around. And same with the wheels and tires, JC rulux with goosebumps tires.

Yes you can buy a rtr and sell the stuff given people on ebay want it. Then factor in paypal fees, ebay fees, shipping, gas to get to the PO. There deal is not at all expensive. If you want a RTR, DONT buy one from them! LOL they sell the rtr for the same price as anyone else.

RC Competitor
    I pre-ordered one from that site....I already have, tires, wheels, Mamba max,servos, rx, tx, and several bodies.....for 204.18 I will be racing my Slash 4x4
    Stock Slash 4x2
    Slash 4x4 RTR
    Shake-N-Bake!