RC poster

4x4 slash or savage flux for basher

i was just about to pick up a savage flux until i heard about traxxas new release. too bad it wasnt a basher or 1/8th scale.

would the slash 4x4 be a good basher?

RC Racer
    Slash without question...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nu64man
    Slash without question...
    Slash is the ultimate basher
    We ride together..We die together..Bad Boys 4Life

RC Racer
    My answer would be Slash 4x4. I own a Savage Flux and it's an awesome truck. I like it a lot and it's a keeper. I won't part with this truck just to get a 4WD Slash, but I sold my AX10 . But I feel it's too expensive for it to become a good fun basher. Expensive parts, high maintenance cost and so on. I have always driven this truck very carefully. Savage Flux to me is like a lonely Lion, it show his awesomeness only when it needs to and the rest of the time it just sits there on the edge of the pride rock looking awesome. Slash 4WDs are like the Hyenas (in a good way LOL), they get all the fun and party a lot (I'm smiling typing this). But that's just me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjy78bP222g

RC Champion
    How can you compare a savage flux and a slash? The savage is competition for the E-revo BE, not a slash.

But with that being said they are totally different trucks, the savage is tough as nails about the ultimate basher for a MT. The slash is a race/bash type of thing with descent clearance.

Considering one is gonna be 350-400 and the other is 650 not really a fair comparo.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Champion
    A flux is pretty comparable to a brushless edition e-revo. For bashing the larger flux will dominate the ruff stuff the slash cant touch. I would get the flux if your talking all out bashing. They are not in the same class.
    Revo, Brushless, 50mph, $800, No You Cant

RC Racer
    Yup, different animal.. Different fighter jet. One is like the B-2 stealth bomber and the other more like F22 Raptor. Well sorta.. LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjy78bP222g

RC Qualifier
    The 4x4 slash will be the most epic thing traxxas has released in 20 years!
    Free all none violent drug offenders!

RC Champion
    Totally, I think the best hasnt been seen yet. This platform will be used for other things down the road. I want to see a monster truck, like a stampede 4x4!! Now that would be the ultimate basher!
    Revo, Brushless, 50mph, $800, No You Cant

RC Champion
    yup, can't wait to see what other companies come out with, as they are always following Traxxas.
    We ride together..We die together..Bad Boys 4Life

RC poster
    uMain reason why the savage cost more is because of the mm that it comes with. I want to get a truck that is reliable and has bashing potentials....

RC Qualifier
    Flux will still be a better basher by far.
    Slash just doesn't have the clearance for rough terrain bashing IMO
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution21
    yup, can't wait to see what other companies come out with, as they are always following Traxxas.
    me i cant wait to see wat assciated comes out with, but i like the slash no matter wat because it looks so clean,organized,easy too work on and easy too tear apart

RC Qualifier
    I hope its not priced anywhere near the Associated truck.

RC Racer
    There is aboslutely now way on this earth to compare a 4wd Slash to a Savage Flux... And there is really no way to compare an E-Revo to a Savage Flux.

The Savage Flux is the "Ultimate Basher"

The E-Revo is the "Ultimate Race Truck"

I do own both the Flux and ERBE and they are 2 totally different trucks.
    Old School E-Maxx

RC Racer
    Like Someone else said, The FLUX is the Ultimate Basher. Rock Solid and can go over or through anything. However it is an expensive basher! By the time you get some good Lipo's(say 4) to go with it and a good Charger you will have spent $1000 pretty easily.

However for a really fun truck that you could probably Race right out of the box, or tear through the backyard with, this Slash 4x4 looks like it's going to be one great deal! I can't wait to get one.
    Savage-Modified!, E-Revo VXL, Slash 2wd, Mini-T

RC Champion
    For bashing, the savage for sure.