RC Racer

new to electric, so bare with me. battery choice

ive been racing 1/8 scale nitro for years but i know very little about electric. the slash 4x4 has me excited. the nitro racing has became a job instead of fun. i think this new machine will be a very fun class to race. sorry for the vent but here's my ?...will this be a good battery for the slash 4x4. thunderpower 8000mah 22c 7.4 for bashing and playing around. thanks in advance for your responses.
    everybody is cool, til you get to know them

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by magrc
    ive been racing 1/8 scale nitro for years but i know very little about electric. the slash 4x4 has me excited. the nitro racing has became a job instead of fun. i think this new machine will be a very fun class to race. sorry for the vent but here's my ?...will this be a good battery for the slash 4x4. thunderpower 8000mah 22c 7.4 for bashing and playing around. thanks in advance for your responses.
    I'm not sure that 8000maH would fit in the tray w/o modification. I think 2s 5000 25C would be sufficient for bashing. You'd get like 30-40 minutes running time with one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjy78bP222g

RC Racer
    thanks for the advice. thats plenty of runtime for me. i was just wanting to get good runtime and you answered that for me. thanks
    everybody is cool, til you get to know them

RC Racer
    Glad to help. I would also want to check the motor temp like every 15 minutes with the test run or so depending on what type of surface you're running your truck on. Castle recommends not to exceed 90F degree max. But I would cool it down when I have reached 75F max just to be on the safe side.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by roosterkill
    Glad to help. I would also want to check the motor temp like every 15 minutes with the test run or so depending on what type of surface you're running your truck on. Castle recommends not to exceed 90F degree max. But I would cool it down when I have reached 75F max just to be on the safe side.
    75F? i might get 2 runs up and down the street then i will be at that.. my VXL motor runs at around the 110 area no more, castle esc around 80F and my 2s lipo is always cold around 60F lol

Erbeplatinum, i just got the solfcased ones of those and they are great.. i woulda liked the hardcase but when i ordered they wernt avaliable. So i just got some 6cell shrink and put it around the battery for a little more protection
    Last edited by SLASHPEDE; 10-11-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Racer
    Sorry 75 Celcius not Fahrenheit as I typed it.. my bad LOL. Actually I misread the information about the castle motor also. Maximum recommended temp for their motors is 200F (93C), thus those numbers 75 and 90. Those two numbers should have been in degree Celsius.
    Last edited by roosterkill; 10-12-2009 at 12:32 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbeplatinum
    Best bang for buck battery for the slash. They just came out and they already sold 800 of em in 2 weeks. Awesome batteries! Cheap! Hardcase!
    http://*********.com/*********/store...dProduct=10098
    +1 on ******* batteries!
    ******* LiPo POWER!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by segmentfault
    +1 on ******* batteries!
    i wish they offered the traxxas plug option!
    \BACKSLASH
    \BACKBAJR
    2WD Slash

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiojh
    i wish they offered the traxxas plug option!
    yea. that'd be good. but isnt it copyrighted or something like that?
    Slash 1/10/VXL
    Slash 1/16/VXL/2S
    for sale.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by roosterkill
    i hope you mean 190 and 175. seriously my motor is 75 right now sitting on the shelf in my bandit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by brushlessbandit
    i hope you mean 190 and 175. seriously my motor is 75 right now sitting on the shelf in my bandit
    I already corrected on my post #7

RC Champion
    I have an 8k 11.1v lipo I plan to use. There is a battery expansion kit I think will work for mine. It fits in my rusty good. This lipo is pretty short and I have seen some really long. I think you should be able to use a thick battery, just don't know about the length.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close