Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DrQ
    Thats not really what im confused about, Ill try and make it simple. The new esc can now handle 6s and NO motors they list are able to utilize 6s. So why are they making an esc that can use 6s if no motors in the 1/10th scale range handle 6s. Does this make sense to anyone, I completely understand the mamba monster is 6s and is 2200kv that system has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I want to use 6s in my 1/10th with the mamba max pro esc and I want a kv rating of atleast 4600 since any lower will be useless in that light of a truck, but no motors can use 6s, so i guess its not possible.
    I understand what you mean. But I don't think people understand you're talking about mamba max PRO and not mamba monster for 1/8th scale. The new mamba max PRO is for 1/10th scale truck and like you said I find it funny too that they are not offering any 2000-3000 KV range 1/10th scale motor. The speed can also run sensored motor. All I can hope is that they are going to come with new 1/10 scale motor soon. Going from 2000 to 9000kv and I hope that some of them will be sensored.
    No pain! No Gain!

Direct quote from the man himself:

"Well, I will give you a preview:

We are releasing our own line of ROAR legal (stock type -- 10.5/13.5/17.5/21.5) motors (which MUST be two-pole, sensored, salient wound, NOVAK clones by ROAR rules...)

We are also releasing a Neu/Castle 36mm 4 pole sensorless motor which will be ROAR legal for modified. This is a Steve Neu design, similar to our MMM motors, but at Kvs more suited for 1/10th scale, and in a ROAR legal can size.

Availability -- probably Oct/Nov time frame."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick del Castillo
    President, Principle Engineer
    Castle Creations

Another post:
    "patrick, looks like you have the larger motor segment covered, but when are you going to release some ~60mm motors? Also how about some slotted, 4 pole 50mm motors?"

Hmmm, something like this?

That's a 1512, a 1717, and a 2025 motor side-by-side.
    Also coming. I didn't post a picture of the 1307 and 1309 motors, both of which are in prototyping now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick del Castillo
    Castle Creations
    Last edited by TAT2; 10-14-2009 at 11:43 AM.
    99%er

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAT2
    Direct quote from the man himself:

"Well, I will give you a preview:

We are releasing our own line of ROAR legal (stock type -- 10.5/13.5/17.5/21.5) motors (which MUST be two-pole, sensored, salient wound, NOVAK clones by ROAR rules...)

We are also releasing a Neu/Castle 36mm 4 pole sensorless motor which will be ROAR legal for modified. This is a Steve Neu design, similar to our MMM motors, but at Kvs more suited for 1/10th scale, and in a ROAR legal can size.

Availability -- probably Oct/Nov time frame."

Patrick del Castillo
    Castle Creations

Well, that explains why the Monster Mamba Pro is rated for up to 6S then! Definitely gonna need to get that Center Diff when it comes out!
    Savage-Modified!, E-Revo VXL, Slash 2wd, Mini-T