Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

MMM on Slash 4x4?

I guess this is another technical question for PeterV.

There's a picture of the Slash 4x4 with a MMM installed, right?

Will the truck hold up to a 6S LiPo without breaking driveshafts or differentials?

Thanks!
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    i would guess not
    if the erbe cant
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Qualifier
    I'd imagin you'd get more wheelspin than anything. The tires are narrow and won't allow for much grip.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    But, my ERBE weights like 10 pounds with batteries, this truck is much much lighter I guess...

Well, I just wanted to know because they posted the pictures for some reason...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77
    But, my ERBE weights like 10 pounds with batteries, this truck is much much lighter I guess...

Well, I just wanted to know because they posted the pictures for some reason...
    they say with the mm system in it, it will do 80 mph!!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

If you want to run the Mamba Monster system and really shred with it, it is suggested that you upgrade from the Slash 4X4's stock "Jato size" slipper clutch to the "Revo" slipper, which is constructed exactly the same way but has 40% more surface area. It's a drop-in deal, and with Slash 4X4's modular design, you can install it in about a minute. I'd go for our steel CV axles too, but I'm told the stock slider shafts do hold up to Mamba Monster power. The Revo diffs are dialed. They actually work less hard in Slash 4X4, since it has smaller, lighter tires and less traction than Revo/E-Revo/Maxx trucks.

RC Qualifier
    well.... if you read the 4x4 slash page, they have the upgrades in the accessories section for the slash to handle the mmm kit on 6s. also, they said that they designed this driveterrain for the mmm. so i would imagine that it would hold up just fine. although i don't know why you would want to because the vxl system on 3s will more than likely be to much to handle as it is.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks again PeterV!

RC Champion
    The new Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro may be a very good option for this 4WD Slash.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Racer
    The MMM would be insane. No need to put that on this truck. That is meant for 1/8 truggies and buggies
    ******* LiPo POWER!

...if you say so.
    99%er

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by segmentfault
    The MMM would be insane. No need to put that on this truck. That is meant for 1/8 truggies and buggies
    Oh...really? (devilish grin)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjy78bP222g

RC Qualifier
    but the slash is bigger than a 1/8 buggy :P
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8

RC Qualifier
    Will the slash 4x4 do 80mph on a 3s lipo or a 6s.
    XO-1, E-Revo Dual 700-HO's, Slash 4x4, AX-10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by segmentfault
    It's not nearly as insane as dropping a 540 BL motor into the 1/16'th Revo/Slash though.
    E-Maxx 3905 and 3906. :D

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Revo 3.3
    Will the slash 4x4 do 80mph on a 3s lipo or a 6s.
    Theoretically, from the engine/gear/voltage support side of it it is possible..

Imagine what 2300Kv x 22.2 Volts = 51000 RPM, 32P 54T Spur and 19T Pinion 5 lb/ft axle torque would do to the lighter slash 4wd with that setup designed for much heavier MT's..If only the new body can keep the four wheels on the ground.

RC Champion
    I don't think the tires will put that kind of power to the ground. Lots of useless wheel spin. The truck should be plenty light, so as not to stress the drivetrain, so I don't think anything will break. The tires would probably blow off the rims first.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Qualifier
    ^ put in a MMM in with 6S, the drive shafts will break, look at how skinning the plastic shafts are compare to the revo's
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It might not handle abuse with stock shafts, but id say they will take it for normal use. And the yokes will bend/break before the shaft itself strip in most case...

Im sure it will do just fine with the MMM
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    I think you would be stupid not to upgrade the driveshafts if you did the MMM. PeterV just said himself that HE would change them. But, in all honesty, the MMP is probably the better choice for this truck. It's what I will be upgrading mine to, and I'll still do the upgraded shafts as well. But I have to agree that the thought of an MMM in this thing makes me giddy with joy. ha ha ha
    Slash MMP 4600kv
    Slash VXL

RC Champion
    I see it as pretty pointless....but alot of people buy these types of trucks to drive up and down the street, so go figure. If you like a truck that handles like a pig, breaks parts, and is useless for racing, then 4+S and a MM M are right up your alley. And I like overpowered stuff....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by outkast187
    I see it as pretty pointless....but alot of people buy these types of trucks to drive up and down the street, so go figure. If you like a truck that handles like a pig, breaks parts, and is useless for racing, then 4+S and a MM M are right up your alley. And I like overpowered stuff....

its all in what you want from your rc...
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    So how fast do you guys think it will go on a true rc 11.1v 15c 8000 mAh with the mmm? What about stock? Just trying to figure out if I should buy the rtr or a roller and a mmm

RC Racer
    Again, I use an MMM in my 8ight-E 2.0 and with 4s it's stupid insane with the Monster 2200kv motor. I couldn't imagine this in a slash 4x4. Just put wings on it and use it as an airplane with the other air buffs. Make sure to get insurance on it just in case it comes down and crashes into some kid.
    ******* LiPo POWER!

RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bflaker
    I think you would be stupid not to upgrade the driveshafts if you did the MMM. PeterV just said himself that HE would change them. But, in all honesty, the MMP is probably the better choice for this truck. It's what I will be upgrading mine to, and I'll still do the upgraded shafts as well. But I have to agree that the thought of an MMM in this thing makes me giddy with joy. ha ha ha
    Ill be doing a MMP also. I thank the MM might be over kill and over kill is not that much fun at all.
    I got skills!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Revo 3.3
    So how fast do you guys think it will go on a true rc 11.1v 15c 8000 mAh with the mmm? What about stock? Just trying to figure out if I should buy the rtr or a roller and a mmm
    I'd have to say 60mph with 3s. 70+ with 4s, 80+ with 5s, 6s.. don't even want to think about that. Honestly, you wouldn't reach that speed. Just like my pede vxl, the wind would catch under the shell and it would wheelie. These 1/10 are just too light for those speeds.
    ******* LiPo POWER!

RC Racer
    Mamba Monster system has a high torque low Kv motor. So 3s would be slow. Either use 4-6s lipos w/ Mamba Monster or go with Mamba Max system with higher Kv motor.

RC Racer
    since the new mamba max pro system was posted here I thought Id ask, the esc can handle 6s but yet all the motors combos are 4600kv 5700kv etc, and under those motors specs none can handle 6s. Can someone explain this or direct me to the information. ty.

RC Champion
    DrQ....are you sure your looking at the Monster Mamba? The 4600 and 5700 are 540 sized brushless motors such as the VXL and are called the Mamba Max's. Monster Mamba Max is what to look for
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

RC Racer
    running motors beyond 44000rpm is like asking for a trouble

RC Champion
    Sorry DrQ..I see where your confusion is from the link posted above and I'm a little lost myself but heres the motors you would want to run 6s lipo on...http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...a_monster.html and the 2200kv is what you want to look at for the power.
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

RC Qualifier
    Idk much about non Traxxas motors. But what is the fastest bruhless motor on the market. Fastest using 3s I don't really want to spend a whole bunch of money on anything higher that a 3s.

RC Racer
    I was just looking at the new mamba max esc http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...a_max_pro.html it states it can run 6s and can be used with CM36 4600kv, 5700kv, 6900kv, 7700kv, or 9000kv 36mm brushless motors but yet none of those can handle more then 3s under their specs. This is where Im confused.

Quote Originally Posted by DrQ
    I was just looking at the new mamba max esc http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...a_max_pro.html it states it can run 6s and can be used with CM36 4600kv, 5700kv, 6900kv, 7700kv, or 9000kv 36mm brushless motors but yet none of those can handle more then 3s under their specs. This is where Im confused.

it's because the mm pro is supposed to only be used on 1/10 cars and trucks.
    they don't recommend it in use for revos style trucks and 1/8 buggies which need more torque and less rpm.

keep in mind one thing. you can get to 75-80 two ways. with more voltage(ie: 2200kv*6S) or with more rpm. the most effecient way is to do it with more voltage.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Qualifier
    sorry for kind of highjacking this thread. I have heard good things about neu motors. If i get a mamba max pro what will be the fastest with a 3s lipo. 4600, 5700, 6900, 7700, or 9000kv? I know there has to be a balance between the torque and rpms. Should i stick with the stock vxl system when I buy the slash 4x4?

RC Racer
    I will be honest here... I am not that impressed with the Castle products. I have had a Slash 2x4 and am now on an HPI E-Firestorm. I have a MM system, and with 3S, both cars would cook the 5700kv motor, no matter what gearing I used.

I had one motor hit 270 degrees, and another one go so hot that the solder for the motor wires melted! After 25 minutes of bashing.

The 4600kv runs a bit cooler, but I still have to really ba careful when running with 3S.

I am taking out the MM system from my E-Firestorm and tossing in a waterproof VXL system. I already have a Traxxas waterproof servo installed, and will pick up and install a waterproof receiver box.

Yeah, the Castle is programmable, but to be honest, I don't need it. The VXL system is simple, fast, tough and waterproof and less hassles. And the motor runs a lot cooler.

I plan to get a 4x4 Slash, I think it will be an amazing truck to start racing with...

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks my vxl motor gets hotter than it used to be, is it just getting old? I think its about a year old.

RC Racer
    If people are using the MMM on a Losi 8eight-2.0 then it should be the same or better on the Slash 4x4. The shafts were upgraded from the Slash 4x2 and it would be a lot lighter. The wheelbase is 335mm and track width is most likely 300mm which is close to 8th scale buggy. the tires are similar to 8th scale buggy. I would love to get the MMM on 4S in this truck and slap a buggy body on and race 8th scale buggys.

RC poster
    my rustler is awesome with a mmm and a medusa 2300kv 70mm (castle motor doesnt fit the stock tranny case.) you would think it would be useless but i like it much better than the mm setup i had on it. no heat issues at all, last weak i broke my first output yoke and ordered the steel ones. i really want to get the slash 4x4 and through it on there.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket
    it's because the mm pro is supposed to only be used on 1/10 cars and trucks.
    they don't recommend it in use for revos style trucks and 1/8 buggies which need more torque and less rpm.

keep in mind one thing. you can get to 75-80 two ways. with more voltage(ie: 2200kv*6S) or with more rpm. the most effecient way is to do it with more voltage.
    Thats not really what im confused about, Ill try and make it simple. The new esc can now handle 6s and NO motors they list are able to utilize 6s. So why are they making an esc that can use 6s if no motors in the 1/10th scale range handle 6s. Does this make sense to anyone, I completely understand the mamba monster is 6s and is 2200kv that system has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I want to use 6s in my 1/10th with the mamba max pro esc and I want a kv rating of atleast 4600 since any lower will be useless in that light of a truck, but no motors can use 6s, so i guess its not possible.