Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Same old Chassis breakage?

First of all this thing is awesome. I'm very happy . One of the major problems I had and continue to have with the o.g. slash is the way in which the chassis is mounted to the rear of the truck by those four weak points...and the snag-prone rear skid / brace. Now I'm glad to see the snag issue has been addressed, but the way the rear of the truck mounts up seems (and this is only my innitial perception) to mount up in much the same fashion, but through a much smaller narrower footprint (highlighted in green)
    Maybe I'm way off base here, but what is keeping this from breaking in the same way that my Slash has broken so many times?

I'm not worried about the chassis breaking, I'm just surprised our GRAPHIC broke so easily!
    I can personally vouch for the durability of Slash 4X4. They can take a mighty big hit. Ask Jason Sams at RCCA! --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 10-08-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Whacky waiving inflatable arm flailing tube man!!!

RC Qualifier
    hmm ive never heard of slash chassis breaking alot.. ive heard of one here one there but not alot

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxas4fun
    hmm ive never heard of slash chassis breaking alot.. ive heard of one here one there but not alot
    The original issue; CLICK My buddy's slash has seen a similar fate a few times as well but maybe we're the only ones

Traxxas Employee
    The mounting points are substantial on this new design. There's alot of material back there that's not easily seen in the pics. I can't imagine you would have an issue like you are describing on Slash 4X4.

More pics, exploded views etc. will be added to the site so you can examine it more closely for yourself.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    The mounting points are substantial on this new design. There's alot of material back there that's not easily seen in the pics. I can't imagine you would have an issue like you are describing on Slash 4X4.

More pics, exploded views etc. will be added to the site so you can examine it more closely for yourself.
    Awesome - can't wait

RC Racer
    why do you bring this up.....The same thing happen when the E REVO came out the front will break this will break.Traxxas does test after test if your breaking chassis learn how to drive.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxas4fun
    my neighbor broke a third the other day

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by brushlessbandit
    my neighbor broke a third the other day
    teach him how to drive, there is no way you should be breaking the chassis like that three times.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    The chassis is supposed to be a lot tougher.
    SLASH IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    I'm not worried about the chassis breaking, I'm just surprised our GRAPHIC broke so easily!
    I can personally vouch for the durability of Slash 4X4. They can take a mighty big hit. Ask Jason Sams at RCCA! --Pete
    Well it certainly did take a mighty hit to break that graphic. No doubt this truck will be tough

Quote Originally Posted by bosco72
    why do you bring this up.....The same thing happen when the E REVO came out the front will break this will break.Traxxas does test after test if your breaking chassis learn how to drive.
    Noted - will go out and "learn how to drive" right now...

RC Qualifier
    these 4 points are stronger than 2 points, so I wouldn't worry.
    hate when I spend $, but love to build and run it.

RC Champion
    Isn't the original Slash 4 points as well...2 on the back of the chassis, and 2 on the adjacent side under the battery compartment? The weakness I think (on the original Slash) lies in the skidplates. Its angles are too sharp, which makes it prone to snag. RPM's skids pretty much fix that...or so I hope, cause I had installed them
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Qualifier
    I've been racing the Slash for about 10 months now- I probably know about 20 guys that race their slash. Only one of them I know of has broken the chassis, and that was because he used aluminum shock towers- which transfered the shock of wrecking directly to the chassis without absorbing any of it.

If you are having problems with the OG slash chassis then you are likely doing something wrong or using- alum. parts in the wrong places.
    Slash-Pede VXL-Rusty-Kyosho RC Surfer-MBX4 Buggy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by scramblermaxx
    I've been racing the Slash for about 10 months now- I probably know about 20 guys that race their slash. Only one of them I know of has broken the chassis, and that was because he used aluminum shock towers- which transfered the shock of wrecking directly to the chassis without absorbing any of it.

If you are having problems with the OG slash chassis then you are likely doing something wrong or using- alum. parts in the wrong places.
    ...Must be, did you click on the link to the original problem?

RC Qualifier
    It's just another reason for an UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!