RC Qualifier

Let's get some opinions.

I won't lie I've never liked these trucks. I think they look cool, but the 2 wheel drive and the skimpy looking chassis wasn't for me. After taking a closer look at it and getting all the details in, I kind of like it.

This thread is for what you like about the truck, and what you think could be better. Not "I HATE IT ITS STUPID." That's very nice of you, my 7 year old cousin says stuff like that.

So tell us, what do you think?
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

RC Qualifier
    I'm with you on that. This is what the slash should have been in the first place.

RC Qualifier
    I think it's an amazing truck and ready to tear up the sc nats next year
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Qualifier
    I think the main thing i like is the beefy driveline. That center driveshaft is pretty nice. The other thing i know makes me like it more is the fact that the motor isn't hanging off the back of the truck like the old one, along with the rustler, bandit, stampede..you know. I've never liked that design, but even on this one....no chance for a center diff. it looks like..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zrau17
    I think the main thing i like is the beefy driveline. That center driveshaft is pretty nice. The other thing i know makes me like it more is the fact that the motor isn't hanging off the back of the truck like the old one, along with the rustler, bandit, stampede..you know. I've never liked that design, but even on this one....no chance for a center diff. it looks like..
    there's a center diff in the accessories page of the product flash page

RC Racer
    I like the engineering that went in it, Using current stock of parts in a slightly different way. Personally, I'm not into the whole core truck thing. I plan to stiffen the suspension and put stampede tires and a Extreme rc revo 2.5 body, should be a competent basher

RC Qualifier
    Obviously i don't mean "after driving this truck, what do you think?" It was just an initial reaction? Chill out.

And where the heck does the center diff. go?

RC Champion
    I am a little let down. I do admit. They made an awesome design and hit it dead on the nail but I was hoping for something NEW. Not redone. I have my Slash and love it and would love this but not worth having both for me. And my 2wd even with all the upgrades I have isn't worth a thing to sell for this. Wish it was easy to convert my 2wd to this but looks like you basically need everything besides the body. I have a e-maxx and a summit on my Christmas list and it hasn't changed after today . I really hope traxxas is smart and releases a am version with no battery for $300. Only way I would consider it is as that. No way I would use nihms since the VXL is nothing without VXL IMO. I love the looks of it but since I already have the Slash this isn't on my to get list. I am curious as to how the heck they claim it will do 60+ with the VXL and 80+ with the MMM. The slash can barely do 50mph with out taking off and flipping. Don't see how those speeds are possible with the body and chassis still being similar. I do LOVE the tires and wheels though. Definately will be getting a set for my slash.
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

RC Qualifier
    Oh my mistake, I saw the center diff. I didn't know there were descriptions, i just let the pictures roll and thought it was just a bigger spur gear. My baddd.

RC Qualifier
    Hey, chill on the pizza boy alright lol. It's the most fun job in the world.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. NStampede Freak's Avatar
    I love it! A proper 1/10 4x4 and brushless + 2.4ghz out of the box!

This is no remake people! This a a complety new chassis!

I may have to get one....
    N Stampede 2.5R
    E Stampede VXL
    Tmaxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    I think the 4x4 Slash is awesome. At first I was a little disappointed because I was expecting a BB T-Maxx but after looking at it in more detail I was impressed with what Traxxas has done with this 4x4 Slash. And I’m glad it's not just a E-Slayer (but that would have been ok).
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Qualifier
    the cvd's look cool on the accessories page , they'll be a nice addition to my 2wd Slash , bye bye MIP !
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, the main reason I'm accepting it is because it has a whole new driveline that looks pretty reliable. Plus it's pretty cool looking.

RC Champion
    if its $350 i want it.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 444Platrevo
    And Iím glad it's not just a E-Slayer (but that would have been ok).
    X2 I am proud that they actually did make a "new" product. They need to offer it as a roller. Servo only, lol!
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Champion
    i like it, i bought a rusty instead of a slash, do to it wasn't a 4wd(ya the rusty isn;t 4wd either). i think it will be a lot of fun. ya it is based on the race truck and built for raceing, but i think it will be just as fun in the backyard as well.

good job traxxas.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    If i get one, I'm gonna slam it, and throw dubs on it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by redemption
    Ok, I think it's pointless being that the thing will be on the rear wheels 99% of the time anyway with that power, not to mention the typical rolling the slash likes to do and from the pics it dosen't look any wider..

As far as "what you think could be better". How can anyone tell yet? No one owns one.....
    okay you can get a sway bar kit for it ya know.
    it has mid motor so it wont wheely nearly close to as much, but im hoping for a few

RC Racer
    I'm pretty happy, i have always wanted a slash but now i can get this as it has everything i want right out of the box, 2.4Ghz, 4x4, brushless, waterproof and even the wheels are a lot better looking. Hopefully next year i will get one.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

RC Enthusiast
    To me, they hit the nail on the head. I can't wait to get my hands on one personally. I won't ditch my 2wd Slash. Its too much fun to race. Some sliding is fun. I have wanted to get into 4wd racing but I could never stomach those ugly 1/10 4wd buggies. This combines the best of both worlds. Fantastic job Traxxas!
    RC Outlaws-SmacTrac-B&L Hobbies

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This thing rocks!! Anybody want my E-Revo after I trade my MMM for the VXL in the new Slash?? LOL
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Enthusiast
    I think this truck has a lot of potential. Some parts are already available and makes an abundance of tuning options.(corrrect me if I'm wrong but it looks like reaer arms all the way around). Looks like a great addition for bashers or short course.
    I want to see this platform 1/8 buggy or truggy coverted with the MMM2200kv combo and 4s or 6s lipo.
    My only problem is now what do I want more a Summit or the Slash 4x4?

RC Champion
    Hey rustler how much for the revo??? Lol
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now