Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

official SELL 4x4 SLASH AS A ROLLER THREAD!

GREAT JOB ON THE TRUCK TRAXXAS!

i dont know about you guys, but id love to have the 4x4 slash sold as a roller!

many people out there already have brushless systems, upgraded radios etc..

im sure many people (including me) would take their system out and stick it in a slash!

anyone with me here?
    Last edited by traxxas4fun; 10-08-2009 at 07:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Why not get extra's haha
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Qualifier
    I agree. I think a roller would be a good idea.

RC Racer
    I would like the option that is cheaper with maybe a brushed version.But a roller option would be cool 2

When is the last time you saw a Traxxas roller kit? Let's get real,fellas.

RC Qualifier
    there never has been a roller kit, im giving an opinion.. i agree with the brushed kit also..

RC Qualifier
    but in my opinion, id buy the brushed, switch out my vxl for it.. and not use teh stock radio..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697

they used to all be kits....they had tons of kits out before they went to RTR's

Kit, Kit, Kit, Kit, Kit, Kit

PLEASE !!!!

RC Qualifier
    if we get alot of people wanting it, they may give it to us.. cough the whole truck, you asked for it, we gave it to you..

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSummit
    they used to all be kits....they had tons of kits out before they went to RTR's

Kit, Kit, Kit, Kit, Kit, Kit

PLEASE !!!!
    Most of the members here aren't even old enough to know about those days.

I just happen to have two NIB Traxxas ST kits sitting on the shelf.An SRT and A Blue Eagle LS.All there just waiting to be built.

But they are from 1994 and prior.Been a long time since a competition-level kit was released from Traxxas.

RC Qualifier
    Im not disagreeing because itd be cool, but i think theyre goal is to make nice trucks that are ready to go out of the box to have fun...worst comes to worst just buy it and sell the VXL. people seem to need them all the time for some reason lol. i could use one for my mini.
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

RC Racer
    Most of the members here aren't even old enough to know about those days.

I just happen to have two NIB Traxxas ST kits sitting on the shelf.An SRT and A Blue Eagle LS.All there just waiting to be built.

But they are from 1994 and prior.Been a long time since a competition-level kit was released from Traxxas.

those Blue Eagle trannies were the Shiznit back in the day, I remeber when the TRX10 came out in 88 or 89 to compete with the RC-10's and Kyosho Ultima's

Ahhh Yes, The good old days

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zrau17
    Im not disagreeing because itd be cool, but i think theyre goal is to make nice trucks that are ready to go out of the box to have fun...worst comes to worst just buy it and sell the VXL. people seem to need them all the time for some reason lol. i could use one for my mini.

True, If it costs around $350 and you could sell the 2.4g radio for $50, the VXL system for $100 and the batt and charger for $25 it would only cost $175.00 for a roller.....Thats less than an sc10 kit or brushed slash......SWEET !!!

RC Qualifier
    and then your halfway there in buying an MMM. WOOOOO
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxas4fun
    there never has been a roller kit, im giving an opinion.. i agree with the brushed kit also..
    I understand that you're giving an opinion,and I think it's a great idea.I was just commenting on my experiences with Traxxas over the past 15 or so years.And yes,they did make kits,not really rollers but un-assembled kits.The Revo PE is the closest thing I've ever seen to a Traxxas roller.

Here's a Traxxas kit:

RC Qualifier
    ok, well how was this 4x4 slash even made? because WE WANTED ONE

RC Qualifier
    +1 here. No need in buying parts I am just going to sell.

RC Competitor
    kit or roller for me
    2slashes:bullet:pede:e-savs:custom crawler

RC Champion
    I wanna slash roller REALLY bad

RC Qualifier
    yeppp, like i thought, alot of people want a roller/kit.. harry your getting outnumbered here..

yeppp, like i thought, alot of people want a roller/kit.. harry your getting outnumbered here..
    How am I getting out-numbered? Have you been reading my posts?

I understand that you're giving an opinion,and I think it's a great idea.

I would love to see pretty much every Traxxas vehicle offered as a kit.IMO,building them out of a box of parts is half the fun of R/C.I'm just saying that I don't see it happening after the past decade or two of owning Traxxas vehicles and watching the progression and changes they have made.Let's face it,they went from a top-of-the-line competition grade manufacturer to an all RTR/entry-level company.Not saying that it was a bad move on their part.Actually it looks like it was the best idea they could have come up with.No doubt they outsell the companies like AE and Losi ten-fold!Back when they were trying to compete with AE and Losi on the track,they were almost as rare as Schumacher.Now they're everywhere!!!

Traxxas is still a top-of-the-line competition grade manufacturer. "RTR" doesn't exclusively mean "entry level," and it certainly doesn't mean "lower quality." We may not be going after the same narrowly-defined racing categories as the other guys, but we do build our cars and trucks to a VERY high standard. --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 10-08-2009 at 09:52 PM.

RC Qualifier
    well to me it just seems like you dont want a kit to be made, or roller. but think about it the reason the 4x4 SLASH WAS MADE was because WE WANTED IT.. dont take this wrong buddy

RC Qualifier
    I would rather have it as a kit but a roller would be nice to. Just finished building an SC10. I love building kits. After seeing this was coming I may kill my plans to build a nitro monster. I love these core trucks.

well to me it just seems like you dont want a kit to be made, or roller. but think about it the reason the 4x4 SLASH WAS MADE was because WE WANTED IT.. dont take this wrong buddy
    No worries.I'm not taking offense and I hope you're not either.It just doesn't go with their track record these days.As much as I would love to buy a Traxxas kit and not have to rip the AM receiver and brushed motor/esc out of it as soon as I opened the box.I'm just not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    I would rather have it as a kit but a roller would be nice to. Just finished building an SC10. I love building kits. After seeing this was coming I may kill my plans to build a nitro monster. I love these core trucks.
    Good idea! I'm starting to think that buying a Revo PE was the worst decision I've made in a long time.

RC Competitor
    I am totaly stoked about the 4X4... however, i agree, I would like to see it as a roler only since I got the origional one the month they came out then upgraded to the VXL... I have already put a bunch of money into mine like most other people and would realy like to be able to just switch out my components. As of right now, My 2wd slash is up for sale... unless they offer it as a roller...
    Had a blast, now I have a SLASH!!!

RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.
    I would definitely like to see this as a kit or a roller, since I run a Spektrum and those receivers aren't cheap and I don't really need any more old traxxas 27mhz receivers laying around unused

Slash 4X4 includes a 2.4GHz system --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 10-08-2009 at 09:39 PM.
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC Qualifier

That's how Traxxas got big. They started sell the RTR set up so the Noobs could come to the hobby.
    Slash, Slash 4x4, T-Maxx 3.3, E-Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by sfd6532
    That's how Traxxas got big. They started sell the RTR set up so the Noobs could come to the hobby.
    Yes,that has already been covered in this thread.But thanks anyway.

RC Qualifier
    I think Harry is right. As much as many of us would like to see true builders kits I doubt it will happen. I remember even back around 2000 having a VERY hard time finding my Rustler kit. Tower Hobbies found one gathering dust on their shelves.

Just watch ebay in the coming months. Lots of sellers out there buy trucks and sell them piece by piece and make more than they could ever make selling them complete. If you are patient like I was and keep trying you can win with some crazy low bids. I built a new Slash roller for little over $50.00 buying it piece by piece!

Joe

RC Qualifier
    yeh i think if we get enough people it might just happen.. if i bought a brushed slash, id rip out stock esc/motor/ rx and tx.. id put mine in there. od also not use the waterproof stuff because ive destroyed enough electronics with water already.. i also already have my own servos..

i also dont want their charger/battery...
    we already have 12 people that would like a roller/kit and this forum has been up for 2 hours

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg
    I would definitely like to see this as a kit or a roller, since I run a Spektrum and those receivers aren't cheap and I don't really need any more old traxxas 27mhz receivers laying around unused
    it comes w/ a traxxas 2.4 in it

Quote Originally Posted by brushlessbandit
    it comes w/ a traxxas 2.4 in it
    That's a step in the right direction,but most serious racers will ditch that radio too.It just doesn't have enough features.Especially if you plan on modding it with better steering servo and motor/esc.

RC Qualifier
    agree with harry.. myself, i still use a 27mhz radio.. i dont race, i just bash.. so i dont need a trx 2.4 radio, and also imo their overpriced 120 bucks.. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXKM8&P=ML

i can get the tower 2.4 radio for 80 bucks with the same features if not more features

agree with harry.. myself, i still use a 27mhz radio.. i dont race, i just bash.. so i dont need a trx 2.4 radio, and also imo their overpriced 120 bucks.. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXKM8&P=ML

i can get the tower 2.4 radio for 80 bucks with the same features if not more features
    I think you're right about the Tower radio.It at least has EPA settings,but I don't recall seeing them on the 2.4 TQ. EPA setting is a MUST when running high end servos.

RC Qualifier
    i would rather have to pay 200 for the kit versus the 350 with everything.

just because its and extra 150 bucks i dont have to save, and my parents are more prone to let me have one

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm all in for a Slash 4x4 roller!
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Champion
    i would rather have to pay 200 for the kit versus the 350 with everything.

just because its and extra 150 bucks i dont have to save, and my parents are more prone to let me have one
    im jus buyin a roller on flea-bay when it comes
    hopfully i can get one for 60 bucks but that would have to B a few years down the road. (of course, i want it NOW )

RC Qualifier
    I can't belive that this slash will be able to run a MMM that will be insane!
    MMM 2200kv 4x4 Slash
    1/10 Rally
    1/16 Slash

RC Qualifier
    BRUSHLESSBANDIT) thats what i was thinking, but betime someone sell its as a roller, it will be spring next year..