Thread: Rear steer

RC Qualifier

Rear steer

Here are some pics of my rear steer. I couldn't of done it with out the help of Brasher. Its not the prettiest but here it is:

XO-1, E-Revo Dual 700-HO's, Slash 4x4, AX-10

RC Qualifier
    Doesn't have to be pretty, but, does it work ?
    Traxxas T-Maxx ABMOD 33
    Traxxas Dual 700HO Summit

RC Champion
    i want to see a vid of this thing
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    It does work and I will try to get a video posted tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    nice, i like how you did the pivot point where that metal piece goes across horizontal and bolts to the truck, good idea. that must have been a challenge getting 2 servos to push/pull the steering arm at the same rate, nice work. Its cool that you used hallow balls for spacers, another good idea.
    a couple questions for you, what did you use for metal and what thickness? can't wait to see the vid, nice work!
    o, my trucks torn apart at the moment, broke the front diff. anyway I'm trying to remake my rear steer since i bent it coming off a big jump, good to see how you did your's, hopefully i can use some of your ideas when i remake mine.
    Thanks, Brasher.
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasher
    nice, i like how you did the pivot point where that metal piece goes across horizontal and bolts to the truck, good idea. that must have been a challenge getting 2 servos to push/pull the steering arm at the same rate, nice work. Its cool that you used hallow balls for spacers, another good idea.
    a couple questions for you, what did you use for metal and what thickness? can't wait to see the vid, nice work!
    o, my trucks torn apart at the moment, broke the front diff. anyway I'm trying to remake my rear steer since i bent it coming off a big jump, good to see how you did your's, hopefully i can use some of your ideas when i remake mine.
    Thanks, Brasher.
    I really don't know how thick the aluminium is just some scraps I had laying around. But if I were to guess I'd say 1/8 inch. Glad you liked it working on getting a video still. Last one I shot holding onto my phone and transmitter didn't turn out very well. Going to try to get my bro to film it for me.

RC Qualifier
    Here's a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLldAhkMMFg

I will get you guys a video of it crawling soon. Trying to find a place to crawl with it, so far no luck. Im going to try to build a course any ideas?

RC Qualifier
    I think that's pretty neat. When you get it to a trail or on some rocks, get a vid then too please, I'd like to see it.
    50 characters and no BB code for sigs is useless!

RC poster
    it not appear so much solid :/
    www.monstertruck.it Slash Ken Block Replica By ME

RC Qualifier
    nice job Alex, I see you got the wheels to turn equally, i had troubles with that for a bit.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasher
    nice job Alex, I see you got the wheels to turn equally, i had troubles with that for a bit.
    Thanks. I had a big problem figuring out how to get the rear to track straight. Then I found a magical screw on the reveser and turns out it's the trim for the rear. Before I figured this out the truck would drive straight but the body was sideways.

RC Champion
    You need to make the rear steering independently controlled.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^ | ||__ DRAGSTER
    |____TRAXXAS ___| ||'|";\..
    |(@)'(@)""*''|(@)(@)***(@)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dragster
    You need to make the rear steering independently controlled.
    I don't know if that would be possible with a tq4. But all I have to do to turn it back to 2ws is pull 2 screws and screw then back into te rear bulkhead (I think that's what it's called).

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Revo 3.3
    I really don't know how thick the aluminium is just some scraps I had laying around. But if I were to guess I'd say 1/8 inch. Glad you liked it working on getting a video still. Last one I shot holding onto my phone and transmitter didn't turn out very well. Going to try to get my bro to film it for me.
    that's pretty cool

RC Qualifier
    hey Alex, just finished rebuilding my 4ws, its a new design, hoping it can take a punishment unlike my last try, anyway well see, ill post on it soon, maybe try it tomorrow.

im thinking it might be possible to do independent 4ws on the tq4, possibly use the 3 postion switch to controll the rear steer, and somehow y harness your difflock servos in with your gearbox servo so that they both lock in low gear and unlock in high gear.