RC Competitor

Tekin RX8+T8 vs MM2

I usually take the winter off because my Tekin is not waterproof and neither was original MM. Now with the MM2 out, any thoughts on comparison between the 2? Im mainly a yard basher/quick street runs and my T8 is a 2250kv. Given that its pretty much a wash on the price and i would really only do it for the waterproof, how would performance change? If you cant tell im a novice enthusiast, with all my knowledge coming from this forum. If I were to switch to the MM2, should i get a different sized motor?

Thanks in advance.

RC Champion
    I can't speak to how much performance would change, but I'm all about Castle products. I've been using them since '99 and have never had a bad ESC or motor.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Stick with the 2200 or 2250 kv motor......same gearing if everthing is running good for you......
    just water resistant........MM2
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    The only difference will be that the MM2 will stutter at low speeds, but the Tekin won't. But you already know how smooth the Tekin is.
    Slash MT
    CC 2400kv
    MM2
    1/10 Summit

RC Competitor
    Im guessing that the stutter at low speeds is because the Tekin is sensored and the MM2 is sensorless? I never actually used the MMM, i went straight to the Tekin. I might do the MM2 just for something new and todo. PM me if anyone is interested in my stock traxxas arms that will include my motor/fan/esc.

RC Qualifier
    Yep the MMM stutters a bit at low speeds. Its hard to get it rolling smoothly very slowly.
    Last edited by WesleyK; 02-05-2013 at 01:49 PM.

RC Champion
    If water proof is all you are worried about then just get the ESC and use it on the T8. Personally I left caste behind and will never look back. Unless you are running it through a foot of standing water an outwears cover takes care of snow and splashed water.
    The Tekin is much smoother throughout the throttle range and the throttle curves actually work like they are supposed to. Its really noticable at lower speeds where the Tekin is smooth and the castle cogs like crazy. The Tekin has dual drive mode and you can select where you want it to switch from sensored to sensorless with hotwire.

As for torque and top end they are pretty close.