RC Qualifier

e-slay-mmit or Sum-layer

I have identity confusion so I just wanted to share my e-slayer that I installed the summit tranny and locking diffs in. Here are the build details in the slayer forum:

http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....0&postcount=17

Here's the final picture w/ a body, sporting hb rovers (they work much better than the lizards) and the carbon fiber chassis. That brings the total weight (minus battery) down to 6lbs 4oz. With battery I'm at 6.75-7lbs (3.3-4A).

For me this car is much more entertaining now that I can switch from high to low and lock/unlock the diff from the transmitter. Thank you Traxxas for making your cars so universal.

RC Qualifier
    Looking Good.
    Traxxas T-Maxx ABMOD 33
    Traxxas Dual 700HO Summit

RC Qualifier
    Wow, that looks like a whole different truck! Is it a good crawler because it sure looks like it would do good.
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Qualifier
    It does ok. Yesterday I moved the battery up above the front shocks b/c where I had it it would get stuck on all the rocks. And the hb rovers are much better than the lizards. FYI, I didn't have to modify the rovers at all to put them on beadlocks. I don't know how it compares to a Summit but since it's lighter and the wheels are closer together it probably has some advantages and disadvantages. The ability to do light crawling and big jumps makes this a much more entertaining truck.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice job,looking sweet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mulepic
    It does ok. Yesterday I moved the battery up above the front shocks b/c where I had it it would get stuck on all the rocks. And the hb rovers are much better than the lizards. FYI, I didn't have to modify the rovers at all to put them on beadlocks. I don't know how it compares to a Summit but since it's lighter and the wheels are closer together it probably has some advantages and disadvantages. The ability to do light crawling and big jumps makes this a much more entertaining truck.
    Thats cool, I like to try to crawl with my e-revo sometimes but it doesn't go far before I have to deal with unlocked diffs but since its not dedicated to rock crawling and its more of a basher, I wont change anything for now.
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Qualifier
    So was the summit tranny a direct drop in into the slayer chassis or did you have to modify it.

that thing is to cool,

RC Qualifier
    The tranny isn't a direct drop in on the slayer chassis, it took a little trimming and a small adapter plate to narrow the mounting location. To be honest any modifications I've made anyone could do, working on these traxxas vehicles is a piece of cake b/c they are all so closely related. For example, the bulkheads bolted right up but I had to recess a little of the chassis for the diff lock arms. The suspension arms bolted right up to the bulkheads and the steering bolted up as well. The driveshafts are a combo of the front summit one and the rear slayer one both trimmed up. Then I simply used the extra steering servo location to hook up the front diff lock, I had to raise the servo though...cake. Again the front diff lock linkage bolted right up. The rear diff I manually work but I'm sure with a little more thought I could get that hooked up as well but I just wanted to drive it. I'll get a better picture w/ the body off posted up.

RC Qualifier
    Here are some detailed pictures with notes.

RC Qualifier
    that things no joke, i dig it. more scale looking...

RC Competitor
    That thing's killer

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, it's pretty fun, I take it camping with the kids and it works well in the forest. It's easy for anyone to drive b/c I can start them off in low gear and it's durable.

RC Competitor
    sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I NEED CHEAPER HOBBIES!

RC Racer
    Looks great !!! love the scale look
    :Slash 4x4
    :Original Police Summit
    :E-Revo

RC Qualifier
    Does it crawl well? Looks great!
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Qualifier
    I can't say it crawls well b/c I have very capable berg that I use for tough rock crawling. But for camping and passing the remote around it does great. To give you a little comparison, my buddy has the tamiya fj rock crawler (scaler) and it can keep up with it on the rocks. But then it has the added benefit of shifting into high and watching the dirt fly

RC Qualifier
    Today I installed the tekin rx8/2000kv into my e-slay-mmit. And it's impressive but I'm not too sure it is much more entertaining than the novak 10.5t(4000kv)/gtb combo I was running. Essentially I geared the tekin the same as the novak i.e. 20T pinion vs 10T and still run 2s. The added weight made the car even more tippy so going any faster isn't much of a benefit. The one thing I noticed is that the tekin has a ton more torque which is to be expected over a 540 sized motor. So doing wheelies was easier, but wheelies get old as do speed runs in this thing.

Now I will remind that I'm not running the summit suspension arms yet, maybe when I get those on the difference will be more attractive. The wider stance will stabilize it and enable me to add more batteries(weight) and larger pinion. Stay tuned.

The one issue I'm having w/ the tekin is getting it in reverse, it takes 4 tries to get it to go. But I do love the drag brake in this thing for crawling.

Right now I don't see that using this size motor benefits an e-slayer though; it just compromises the handling too much.

RC Qualifier
    I had forgotten to mention that I'll be testing out the ezrun 2000kv motor in a couple of days. It is bigger and heavier than the tekin but just a little shorter. I need to find a way to mount it on both ends.

RC Qualifier
    rear steering has been added. I'm using a spektrum dx6i to control the diffs, hi/lo, and front/rear steering independently.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=498726