Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    AGHH its alive!!! its back from THE DEAD!!!
    haha jk
    I am RTR! 2.5 Revo .18TM/loaded...

RC Racer

I was looking for this

Man, I'm stoked that someone bumped this back up I've been looking for this MOD and apparently none of the keywords I was using worked....bookmarked...
    "My Ideas always work sometimes"

RC Champion
    FYI, The 2ba brass soft tip dart barrel worked perfect for me today..

Just inserted the barrel into my drill, and grinded a way with a file. Took maybe 15 minutes from start to finish for each hex.

Sure would be nice to have a mini lathe laying around..

Took me longer to drive to the hardware store to pick up a 15/64th drill bit.. (good luck finding a 6mm).

What a difference this mod makes!!!
    (√) Zer0 tall-er-ance 4 stu-pid-it-deeeeee.

RC Qualifier
    I've been running it ever since I made this thread and it still works fine. no wobble at all!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Klimpen717

RC Enthusiast
    Can slotterhouse give a link to the 2ba dart tips? That would be awesome!

Thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by F1McLarenAGR
    Can slotterhouse give a link to the 2ba dart tips? That would be awesome!

Thanks
    Don't really have a link for them, but all it is, is a plastic tip throwing dart.

There are 2 sizes of throwing darts. the larger " size, and the smaller 2ba size.

The size refers to the inside thread diameter of the dart barrel in which the plastic tip, (and back shaft) screw into.

I had 2 sets of these cheap brass darts laying around that came with my electronic dart board. You can more than likely find them at Target, Walmart, etc, in the sporting goods section. Should be less than $10.00.

you'll be able make 2 of these modded inserts per dart. (Every dart barrel has threaded inserts on each side for the tip, and the shaft).

For what it's worth, here's a link. Notice that the first 2 darts shown are the " size, where as the third dart is the (needed) 2ba size:
    http://www.edarts.net/so_darts/outback.shtml
    (√) Zer0 tall-er-ance 4 stu-pid-it-deeeeee.

RC Champion
    does anyone have extra drill inserts they want to sell? I'd rather help someone else out than buy a whole bag when i don't need them all. PM me.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442
    does anyone have extra drill inserts they want to sell? I'd rather help someone else out than buy a whole bag when i don't need them all. PM me.
    same here, count me in for 4

RC Enthusiast
    I'd be willing to dish some out. I just bought 25 of them and need only 4. You would need to machine them down though unless I'm feeling really good lol.

It was around $10 for 25 of them = 40 cents each. So 2 bucks for 4 shipped in an envelope.

RC Enthusiast
    I'd be willing to dish some out. I just bought 25 of them and need only 4. You would need to machine them down though unless I'm feeling really good lol.

It was around $10 for 25 of them = 40 cents each. So 2 bucks for 4 shipped in an envelope.
    I live in the netherlands, how can we do this?

RC Qualifier

PM sent............

RC Enthusiast
    Oh Christ lol, I have no clue how much shipping would be. I ship packages all over the world so I am not worried about that, but shipping would be more than 35c here in USA. I'll look an see how much international shipping is for an envelope.

RC Enthusiast
    Oh Christ lol, I have no clue how much shipping would be. I ship packages all over the world so I am not worried about that, but shipping would be more than 35c here in USA. I'll look an see how much international shipping is for an envelope.
    Okay, no problem i think around 2 or 3 bucks or so.

let me know.

thanks!!

RC Racer

pm sent, those are sweet, nice job

RC Champion

i call 6 of them. PM in your box.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok guys, payment through PayPal only.

I have a Calc 3 Exam (for Computer Science major how lame is that) this week and will not be able to machine any until at least Thursday (possibly maybe tomorrow depending on how I feel after my exam). Some of you guys stated you wanted them machined so you can just slip them on the carrier. I might be able to do that, but you still need to drill the hole out on the Hub itself for the insert to slip in. So it won't exactly be a drop in mod. But whatever you want. I'll see what I can do. If I can't machine them for some reason I will let you know through PM so you can see it faster and I will just mail the inserts (in the quantity you want) off to you.

I don't want to accept money until after I have them all machined for you guys and tested on carriers so I know they work. I wouldn't want you guys to pay then have me break one or something lol.

I started with 25 of them:
    6 - Me (tested it on two)
    4 - JSY0829 (machined)
    4 - revo-freak (machined)
    6 - anr2442 (straight shipped)

4 - (one set + one extra for me!)

RC Enthusiast

I have a Calc 3 Exam (for Computer Science major how lame is that) this week and will not be able to machine any until at least Thursday (possibly maybe tomorrow depending on how I feel after my exam). Some of you guys stated you wanted them machined so you can just slip them on the carrier. I might be able to do that, but you still need to drill the hole out on the Hub itself for the insert to slip in. So it won't exactly be a drop in mod. But whatever you want. I'll see what I can do. If I can't machine them for some reason I will let you know through PM so you can see it faster and I will just mail the inserts (in the quantity you want) off to you.

I don't want to accept money until after I have them all machined for you guys and tested on carriers so I know they work. I wouldn't want you guys to pay then have me break one or something lol.

4 - JSY0829 (machined)

And what about me?
    send PM

RC Enthusiast
    4 - JSY0829 - machined
    6 - anr2442 - SOLD
    4 - jan schip
    4 - smoothbori - machined

On standby if others decide they don't need them:
    dillpickle1000

Sorry guys all sold out, I will ship the ones out that do not need work by tonight. Otherwise I will get to the ones that need work either tomorrow or friday and ship them out.

Thanks again

RC Qualifier
    anybody wanna sell me 12 or so of these? none of my local supply stores have them.

RC Qualifier

4 - JSY0829 (machined)

I'll give you $10 for 12 of them machined and shipped to me in canada... sound fair?

Alright, I want to do this mod, but don't feel like paying $20ish for it, though I may have to. Anybody find any for cheaper/less??
    Learn by doing

RC Qualifier
    you may be able to just use wheel nuts and grind them down, but it might be a little bit of work.

Yeah those don't quite shave down like copper does. I looked for a little bit at my LHS, guess i'll try again. I'de love to find some individualy!
    Learn by doing

RC Qualifier
    i went ahead and ordered a pack from mcmaster, unfortunately they don't list shipping on their site, so i really hope i don't get charged $10 or more for shipping... but i guess even at $1 each these things will be worth it.

turns out mcmaster made me a liar, i just got an email saying they wont ship to me due to "complexities with exporting" BAH
    Last edited by ThacoVXL; 05-13-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are these from Tony's the same 5mm brass inserts you guys are buying in bulk? Tony's has them in packs of 5
    http://www.tonysscrews.com/product.s...&categoryId=-1
    He ships to Canada.
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the response, I have found a place locally that can order them in for me, unfortunatly thought they want about $1.50 each one for small quantities, which isn't bad, and after shipping they would probably cost me that much online anyways.

Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910
    reading>you

RC Competitor
    do those tony screw packs of 5 work then?

Quote Originally Posted by revodude14
    do those tony screw packs of 5 work then?
    I'm still wondering the same thing. I don't need 25 or 50, just need 4
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by KyLeader7
    Alright, I want to do this mod, but don't feel like paying $20ish for it, though I may have to. Anybody find any for cheaper/less??
    I will go half on it with you, if I can have just 8 of them? shoot me a pm if interested??? need a set for my revo and me slayer
    Support your veterans
    REVO 5308 and Slayer

RC Enthusiast
    I have a few extra I can sell you guys. I will send you (if you are in the US) 4 of them shipped for $2, or 8 for $4.

Let me know, I think I have like 20 of them, as I bought another package from before.

RC Racer
    F1, I will take 2 sets from you, shoot me a pm
    Support your veterans
    REVO 5308 and Slayer

RC Racer
    Bumped and marked. Will be PMing one of you guys to do me up a set!

RC poster

JB Weld

If the threads are never needed on the stub axle, how about using JB weld as filler?

RC Enthusiast
    Dude I have never thought of that. It might work actually. I use JB weld on all filling stuff including my stripped wheels
    1.) Just use a spare hex and spray with WD-40
    2.) Make a batch of JB
    3.) Slap the JB weld in the stripped out part
    4.) Place the hex in the stripped hole and press into it to make a new hex
    5.) Leave in there for about 4 hours then pull the hex straight out
    - Any more time will cause the JB Weld to come out with the hex when you pull it out
    - Any less time will cause the JB Weld to lose shape

I am going to try this though about the stub axle with JB on it. (although not right away)

RC Qualifier
    i know im a little late responind here, but does anyone have an extra set of the inserts they want to get rid of??? even better if the set is already modified. shoot me a pm if you anyone does.

RC Qualifier
    why do you even need to do this mod, no offense to traxxas but it sounds like its just not quality aluminum...

RC Qualifier
    I agree, they could EASILY swap out the stub axles for solid ones. I mean, c'mon, they haven't used 14mm hexes for a looooong time now and thats the only reason to still have threaded axles.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Klimpen717

RC Racer
    +1^^^.

Couldn't agree more, with all the other tweaks they do to their models this would seem to be a no brainer.
    E-RevoMMM2200
    Revo3.3MMM2200
    EB48/HW2650