RC Enthusiast

How durable is your mini revo/slash

Second drive I took my Mini Revo to the skate park to see if I could break it. It took about 20 10ft jumps landing on concrete to bust both upper front arms. All landings were on the wheels. Not too bad for a little truck.

Ordered replacements today. Planning on boiling them to make them a bit stronger.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic
    Ordered replacements today. Planning on boiling them to make them a bit stronger.

IMO thats^^^a myth.. If anything, boiling them would make them more brittle just like when you put a heat coil around a piece of metal and heat treat it. It makes the metal a ton stronger but it makes it to where it has no bending ability.

You cant "heat treat" plastics.
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Champion
    I don't know about durability yet but I do know its very unstable. Its very easy to tip over around turns. I find myself using my super professional RC driving skills to keep the rubber planted at the crazy speeds this thing is capable of. If I had started learning on this little truck, I would be an even better driver with my 1/10th Maxx and Revo! Those stay planted much better. The mini also tends to skip around a lot over gravel at higher speeds. Very unpredictable but I guess it ads to the fun?!
    Phs 2 S-Maxx build- 24/54 gears. Can U say faster?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic
    Second drive I took my Mini Revo to the skate park to see if I could break it...
    Ordered replacements today...
    It must be nice to have money you can purposely throw away. I can't afford that so I drive to see if I can NOT break it. So far so good.
    Phs 2 S-Maxx build- 24/54 gears. Can U say faster?

RC Enthusiast
    It must be nice to have money you can purposely throw away. I can't afford that so I drive to see if I can NOT break it. So far so good.
    Compared to 1/8 or even 1/10 scale, the parts on these things are cheap. Hopefully RPM will make some arms etc.
    Drive it till it breaks...

RC Champion
    yaaaaaaaaa RPM FTW!!!
    RC RUNS IN MY BLOOD!

R
    E
    V
    O

RC Qualifier
    I agree, I am not made of money so I drive not to break. However I was able to jump my 8ft fence with no problem. Grass landing...

1/16 Revo, 3.3 Revo.

RC Competitor
    i stacked my ten-eighty's and on top my razor punk jump....easy 35 feet in the air i was so shocked i could only do one flip... i have a vid of half of it (just a trailer of the real thing) the whole thing will be up sooner or later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an0USBP6NEc

broke both rear arms only on the bottem.
    i also jumped my friends deck abt 30 feet down landing on grass. broke left front shock arm(they break fast..........) top and bottem im gunna try stickin with streat racin for a bit...
    This thing it a bucket of fun
    EDIT: They need to make Aluminum Shock arms
    Last edited by Mistah Fizzle; 07-30-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Mini Erevo Is the Sickest!!!

I emailed rpm about a week ago, they said they said

*** We are right in the middle of a couple of rather large projects right now so I'm afraid I don't know if nor when we may have an opportunity to build 1/16th scale Traxxas parts. Please continue to be patient with us and hopefully we'll get a chance to build something for you in the not too distant future. We are getting lots of demand for those items*so keep your fingers crossed and hopefully we can get to them soon.
    *** Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If there is anything more I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.
    Last edited by boomer187um; 07-30-2009 at 05:44 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Can anyone add to the "to boil or not to boil" debate

Will it increase or decrease durability??
    Drive it till it breaks...