RC Racer

Stock shock problem

After every run, one or more of the shocks thread misalign. I have to compress it all the way down and then align it with the thread and spin it back up. This is a huge pain. Is there anyway to prevent this and what options do I have regarding aftermarket, preferably aluminum shocks that will work?

Edited for bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-26-2009 at 06:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Did you have a huge crash or some bind up?
    I've been pretty ruff on this thing with jumps that bottom the shocks out over and over and had zero issues with the threads or anything else on the shox for that matter.
    You mite just have a dud part... and see if a part replacement does the trick.
    Cus if that plastic is slippin now, its prolly only get worse and hold up less.

As far as aftermarket, check this link for suspension parts. They have a set of shocks;

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...2&shortlist=1#

RC Racer
    Tower hobbies now has metal shock parts in stock
    Summit, E-Revo, E-Revo Brushless, Merv. Baja 5BSS

RC Competitor
    Or a cheaper way to do it would be to buy 2x #7065. That's the Traxxas Caps & Spring Retainer set, they're only a few bucks. You get two retainers per pack and then double up the retainers. At least that's what I've done with my Traxxas Hard Anodised Aluminium Shocks!

RC Racer
    I was taking apart the revo for the first time for a thorough clean up and lubrication and I get this. This has got to be the most disappointing sight disassembling anything with screws. There were a few more screw post and holes that this happened to.

RC Competitor
    That's a bummer!! Do they still go in and hold?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AzNsinister
    I was taking apart the revo for the first time for a thorough clean up and lubrication and I get this. This has got to be the most disappointing sight disassembling anything with screws. There were a few more screw post and holes that this happened to.

haha you obviously picked the right revo outta the bunch lol
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Champion
    My threaded retainers don't slip but I did notice that they cross thread quite easily. A sign of lower quality unfortunately. My 1/10th Revo is solid compared to this mini replica. Despite that the mini is fast and performs well, at first glance, the mini Revo looks like what a snap together model looks like compared to the 1:1 car that it was designed after. Don't get me wrong, I like the car but the quality of the parts were cheaply made to keep the cost down. But the cost could be down a little more or the quality should be up a little.

One thing I noticed right off the bat was that there is a decent amount of up and down travel on all four wheels before the shocks actually begin to move. Off road it doesn't effect much but how can that be good if you have it wired for 50MPH? I would like to have seen it a little better built. Anyone else notice this?
    Phs 2 S-Maxx build- 24/54 gears. Can U say faster?

RC Qualifier
    I have to agree, the mini Revo build quality is simply non-existence, it's quite a disappointment seriously. I wouldn't have bought this truck if I knew it
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8

RC Racer
    Here's my fix...

RC Qualifier
    oh, and the alum. stock upgrades are only the bodies, they dont come with an alum threaded retainer, ( at least it didnt say they did )

also, not an attempt to highjack the thread, but has anyone else had issues with the shocks leaking oil?. It seems like everytime I run I have to replace the fluid. ( granted I bash but still thats pretty weak, and I have black spring at 50 weight oil )

I have heard people are putting green slime in the bodies. when you do that do you just pop the cap off the bottom and put it in there or whats the best recommendation for that fix.

RC Racer
    I tried everything like you have and come to realize that the stock shocks would leak with heavy oil. I purchased the aluminum bodies and the Titanium coated shafts and took apart my shocks in a very clean area, I then took apart the old shock because you have to use the piston, caps w/bladders, seals,e-clips, the bottom caps and the ball retainer to screw on the bottom of the new shaft. After I installed the piston on my new shafts and installed them in the new aluminum bodies, I added the 40wt oil (trust me it's the highest you can go without problems), I installed the E-Revo Black Springs (Traxxas has a Black spring that is different for the Slash) I then installed them on the truck and have not had one bottom cap come off, no oil leaking, no problems, I think if most of you will follow my advice, your problems will disappear. I know there will be those few that still want to run thicker oil and I will guarantee you they will have problems. So Good Luck.
    PICK UP TRUCK,A BLONDE & A BASSBOAT & 80%.

RC Qualifier
    So you just dropped the oil wieght, but didn't use anthing else?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus
    I tried everything like you have and come to realize that the stock shocks would leak with heavy oil. I purchased the aluminum bodies and the Titanium coated shafts and took apart my shocks in a very clean area, I then took apart the old shock because you have to use the piston, caps w/bladders, seals,e-clips, the bottom caps and the ball retainer to screw on the bottom of the new shaft. After I installed the piston on my new shafts and installed them in the new aluminum bodies, I added the 40wt oil (trust me it's the highest you can go without problems), I installed the E-Revo Black Springs (Traxxas has a Black spring that is different for the Slash) I then installed them on the truck and have not had one bottom cap come off, no oil leaking, no problems, I think if most of you will follow my advice, your problems will disappear. I know there will be those few that still want to run thicker oil and I will guarantee you they will have problems. So Good Luck.
    isn't the stock oil is 40 weight? my shocks leaks since day one with that weight though
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8