Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nunster
    Here is the maine question you will get. How long did it take to build it? You will learn to hate those words. My answer always is, it is not done and will never be done it is just useable.
    What does that question have to do with Maine? Just kidding.

It has taken two weeks so far to get to tonight having an actual race get together and not doing track building. Like I said before it still needs borders but other than that it's done for now. Ok, it's never done, but it's raceable!
    -O|||||||O-

RC Racer
    I don't know if anyone has told you this, but have you considered a side business of designing and building these tracks? You know how they have professional golf course designers who just lay things out for a fee and then the crew/landscapers take over...This looks outstanding. Excellent job !! Quick question: Is there a potential for redesign down the road or is your layout locked solid. Just curious. Anyway, eagerly waiting for some video with trucks in action.

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=Cirkus]I did a little cleaning up this afternoon. I have just a bit more to do this evening when it cools down. It's looking like something to be proud of now!

wow that looks really good cirkus good job post some vids when you are racing
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Competitor
    Great job!

RC Qualifier
    I got some video last night/yesterday. Nothing fancy but I'll upload it today and post it when I do.
    -O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    Well, here's the first video. It's not great but it'll give you an idea of what we have. A 1/10 Slash and 1/16 eRevo. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQz5tSEFBBM
    -O|||||||O-

RC Enthusiast
    Great vid and great track. Looks like you could run "freestyle" and run on the wall after the big jump and try to ride the rail on pit road.

ps the mini evo looks like fun as well
    ez-run 'n gun just havin' fun

RC Qualifier
    Looks killer man! The Slash is stock I'm assuming (it sounds that way)?
    T-Maxx 3.3 | Losi Mini DT | Blade CX2

RC Qualifier
    The Slash is stock, makes a racket. The mini Revo was amazing. We put 50wt oil in the shocks and it was perfect.
    -O|||||||O-

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirkus
    The Slash is stock, makes a racket. The mini Revo was amazing. We put 50wt oil in the shocks and it was perfect.
    what one do you like better?? mini revo or slash
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    When I see the stock Slash on the street I'm never super impressed. That changes on a track however. I looks alot quicker.

RC Racer
    thats a great vid, I love the part were the slash almost runs the revo off the track. keep up the good work man
    ~Slash w/ Sidewinder & VXL Motor
    ~OFNA GTPII

RC Qualifier
    Here's pics from today too.......

-O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    And these..................

-O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slash
    what one do you like better?? mini revo or slash
    For racing my friends and I really like throwing a few stock Slashes out there and rubbing fenders. But I love the 4wd of the revo and when jumping, the revo can correct midair better. They are very different but both fun. The mini Revo has me by the hand right now though, it's a blast.
    -O|||||||O-

RC Enthusiast
    I've seen the mini slash at my friends house, But I think the mini revo looks like it would be more fun to drive!!
    ez-run 'n gun just havin' fun

RC Qualifier
    The vid and the pics are awsome. keep up all of the great work. It must be a blast driving on that track.
    4908x2
    MERV
    Slash4
    Slash2
    Creeper
    miniSlash

RC Qualifier
    The 6th picture is the best! It looks professionally taken! Love the track man! Great Job Cirkus. So I'm guessing the track is now officially done?
    Slash VXL | HPI Wheely King 4x4
    Thanks, Kevin.

RC Qualifier

I meant to ask ... how is the Revo so clean? :P

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 88gators325
    The 6th picture is the best! It looks professionally taken! Love the track man! Great Job Cirkus. So I'm guessing the track is now officially done?
    Thanks. I wouldn't say the track is done, I'd say it's now raceable. We learned a few things by getting everyone on it yesterday. The two doubles on the straight need the landings pushed back a little, and we still need edging pipe to give the track that finished look. Also the performance of the little Revo will allow us to add I think one more jump I have in mind but I have to be careful not to get too crazy because I still have to keep it Slash-friendly.
    -O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMike

I meant to ask ... how is the Revo so clean? :P
    Because it came straight out of the box yesterday and on to the track!
    -O|||||||O-

RC Champion
    awesome!! looks like great fun!

RC Qualifier
    fantastic track, i love it....
    GARAGE
    e-revo, ME-revo, micro-t, slash, DX3S

RC Qualifier
    Because it came straight out of the box yesterday and on to the track!
    That makes sense.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome track wish I could do that to my dads backyard lol. Oh man if I did that my neighbors would hate me, and I would have the city called on me immediately where I live. You Lucky, nice job though.

RC Enthusiast
    That track is awesome, i just wished you lived closer to me so i can run it...VACATION TIME! great job man

RC Qualifier
    We did some night running tonight. Another friend got a mini revo so I got some pics. I was driving the brushless Slash but didn't get any pics. If you look, theres 4 pictures in a row where the mini revo is doing a big back flip.

-O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    Hey man great job on the track so far. I have had some of the best slash racing on a back yard track. BBQ, friends and slashes make for a great time. Just one word of advise. If you are married tell all your friends NO bathroom. Cause your wife will get tired of cleaning dirt from the house. Then see how much she lets your friends over with out complaining. I know, trust me. lol. Again great job.

RC Qualifier
    Not too much off topic but have you had any issues with the mini revo like driveline or suspension? Awe inspiring track as you know. I plan on buying a house in a few years and will make a track in my yard most likely. maybe not as extravagant as yours though
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamDanger
    Hey man great job on the track so far. I have had some of the best slash racing on a back yard track. BBQ, friends and slashes make for a great time. Just one word of advise. If you are married tell all your friends NO bathroom. Cause your wife will get tired of cleaning dirt from the house. Then see how much she lets your friends over with out complaining. I know, trust me. lol. Again great job.
    Actually, its worse cause I'm single so I have to do the clean up, lol. As long as we keep taking our shoes off outside and raise the toilet seat its been OK.
    -O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawl Or Fly???
    Not too much off topic but have you had any issues with the mini revo like driveline or suspension? Awe inspiring track as you know. I plan on buying a house in a few years and will make a track in my yard most likely. maybe not as extravagant as yours though
    Well we haven't had any issues, but we've only had one since Friday, and one since last night so we haven't abused them yet. If they are half as durable as our Slash then we will be very happy. My Slash continues to be bulletproof. I've been through one spur gear and that's it so far.
    -O|||||||O-

RC Enthusiast
    Great track, man!! I'm lookin for property right now with no landscaping in the backyard so I can do the same thing.
    For anyone with sapce constraints, my buddy Ty made a sweet backyard track that's compact, but you can still get great speed for sweet racing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIup8GYbVQ
    When in doubt, throttle out!

RC Qualifier
    Haha, Cirkus, the last picture doesnt even look real, it looks like its photoshopped. lol
    Thanks, Kevin.

RC Qualifier
    I think its the big external flash that gives it that look. It really lights things up!
    -O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamDanger
    Haha! That's hiliarious. That's the same thing my wife said -- NO BATHROOM!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JedisGirlfriend
    Great track, man!! I'm lookin for property right now with no landscaping in the backyard so I can do the same thing.
    For anyone with sapce constraints, my buddy Ty made a sweet backyard track that's compact, but you can still get great speed for sweet racing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIup8GYbVQ
    Love that track!

Nice track and video!

I think we need to upgrade that steering servo on the Slash tho, seems a little slow or weak for that turn.
    Emaxx- truggy/CD conversion...

RC Qualifier
    We added another jump and tomorrow we'll be moving some dirt for the big jump landing. I also will be putting in a border this weekend and some lighting.
    I broke down and ordered my mini revo today so we now have seven 10th scale Slashes and 3 brushless mini revos to race. Two classes, lol! I'm going to have to get some scoring software soon

I'll put up pics from this weeks progress on Sunday night.
    -O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    Thats sweet Cirkus! cant wait to see another vid up.
    Thanks, Kevin.

RC Qualifier
    I'll try to get better video and this time do some editing. The last video was pretty lame.
    -O|||||||O-