RC Qualifier

Official 1/16 E-REVO VXL SPEED THREAD

Figured I would start this thread as I am stuck @ 69MPH due to the rev limiter on 4s and I seem to be hitting it real quick. I will let you guys in on a set of tires that work absolutely awsome on this truck. The set I have now has seen 80 on another vehicle and are still perfect well worn but no tearing whatsoever I will post a pic in a few minutes.
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

RC Enthusiast
    I've gotten mine up to around 50mph on 4s using a radar gun mounted in a cop car. Mind you this was only a little more than half throttle since I only had about 200ft of room to run and then only 50ft to stop.

I'm running 2s 1800 25c *****s. I also have the stock pinion put in. I know I still have a lot left in it, but I don't have the room needed to go any faster.

RC Competitor
    what batteries are you using?? Are you running two 2 cell lipos in series?? Thanks

-E REVO MAN

RC Qualifier
    http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t...rocket/VXL.jpg

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo

BTW the tires are right off my 4Tec 3.3 and work great
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-20-2009 at 06:31 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E REVO MAN
    what batteries are you using?? Are you running two 2 cell lipos in series?? Thanks

-E REVO MAN
    Yes series with the LVC off it actually runs alot cooler than on 3s and a parallel connector.

RC Champion
    looks like 4tec wheels
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by round
    looks like 4tec wheels
    Alvin you in yep they work great but I am stuck on the gearing I hit the rev limiter so fast its not even funny and I already took off the cover for a bigger set of gears. I guess its going to be a Mamba setup I need. What is also nice is the truck does not seem to wheelie as fast. Well if you warm the tires up with a burnout it does do backflips. But when they are cold it takes off really good.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RcPocketRocket
    Alvin you in yep they work great but I am stuck on the gearing I hit the rev limiter so fast its not even funny and I already took off the cover for a bigger set of gears.
    Do you have a Robinson 35T+ pinion with the 45T spur? You know, you would also get high speeds running the jaco foams for the rusty/pede. They bolt right on (12mm hex)..
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RcPocketRocket
    http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t...rocket/VXL.jpg

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo

BTW the tires are right off my 4Tec 3.3 and work great
    Looks just like the drift tires off my HPI. I tried them but after about 20MPH I would just spin out.. maybe its because they were worn smooth from all the drifting.. lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrimxX
    Looks just like the drift tires off my HPI. I tried them but after about 20MPH I would just spin out.. maybe its because they were worn smooth from all the drifting.. lol
    My fronts are wasted like slicks but they are still standing up to these speeds, actually they have just a tiny bit of thread left. But they do not drift at all. As for the foams they look cool but these 4tec tires are cheap and they are very light also this truck runs great on them and accelerates like mad. I have to look into the RR spurs for this truck but would be nice if the motor did not have this rev limiter. As these tires are proven for super high speeds. Also do you guys know where I can get some adjustable suspension parts like on the full size its too agressive and cannot be changed AFIK

RC Competitor
    I heard the RR 31t pinion + 4s lipo will get you to 60mph+ with the stock wheel/tires

RC Champion
    untill they blow!!!! lol
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolman101
    untill they blow!!!! lol
    Yep that i can attest to.
    QUestion can I just use a regular VXL speed control with this motor. Or even better will the VXL motor fit in here from say a stampede any way? And even if the motor does not fit does the regular VXL speed control have a rev limiter? If so I do not think I have ever hit it.

RC Qualifier
    Here is the pic again sorry too big for forum http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t...rocket/VXL.jpg
    I have a new spur and pinion on the way. Anyway just gotta say when i got this it was a little boring to me I liked the ERBE way better, But with these 4-tec tires and rims and 4s lipo this thing is an absolute trip on the street. Even on my driveway which I just resealed it as absolutley awsome doing high speed laps and even drifting with the tires a little wet or cool. Anyway anyone else trying for speed runs I will do some video this weekend.

RC Qualifier

got some new belted speed tires and rims and some rr pinions.
    Last edited by RcPocketRocket; 07-22-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: image

RC Enthusiast
    looks sweet man

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looking good

Keep it going! we are 74.4mph so far (GPS) (didnt posted the vid since we had the 72mph already...wanted to wait for better results...) , waiting for new tires to test, the JACOs are too big, it make the revo wheelie at that speed, i have to accelerate too slowly im out of range... lol
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    Thanks bud so far these tires are stable as fast as this thing is going with the biggest pinion i could fit and smallest spur. Also tested it holding off the ground and punching it tires actually do stretch but only a little and do not rip at all. They are slicks btw and also corner awsome. HPI tires and rims,