Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    183

    those running 2s

    For those running 2s, are you using stock gearing or do you gear down for the small increase in power? nice speed increase over stock nimh? Thanks.

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    202
    You bet nice speed increase. I am using stock pinion 28t. It gets a little warm but i might try 23t one yet.

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    65
    I'm about to up my pinion to get more speed. I'm thinking about 31t or 35t.

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,090
    I have a 25 tooth in mine and it still feels kind of hot I may try a 23 tooth.. guess it all depends on how you drive the truck.
    Thanks
    Z....

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by murph12
    For those running 2s, are you using stock gearing or do you gear down for the small increase in power? nice speed increase over stock nimh? Thanks.
    I run a 31T with a 2's, love the speed and power on and off road. No heat issues unless i run 2 2's in series.
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by got_nitro
    I run a 31T with a 2's, love the speed and power on and off road. No heat issues unless i run 2 2's in series.

    Really? I was thermal'n with the stock 28t pinion after about 10-15 minutes with a 2s. Went down to 23t and never overheated again (120F-140F). Now you say you run a 31t pinion with no heat issues. I find that hard to believe. Explain to me how you don't have heat issues with such a large pinion...are you running a bigger/smaller spur? High speed passes with a cookie break in between? I'm baffled.
    typing 1st amendment gets you 60% helping ppl 0%

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    349
    "...With a cookie break in between..."

    Very funny
    HPI Savage LOSI Mini/MicroT, MRC Traxxas Revo VXL

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesaw Jenkins
    Really? I was thermal'n with the stock 28t pinion after about 10-15 minutes with a 2s. Went down to 23t and never overheated again (120F-140F). Now you say you run a 31t pinion with no heat issues. I find that hard to believe. Explain to me how you don't have heat issues with such a large pinion...are you running a bigger/smaller spur? High speed passes with a cookie break in between? I'm baffled.

    Actually this is quite easy. Since the stock pinion in the truck is a 28T, going up to a 31T pinion is only 3 teeth. Hardly a "large" pinion considering that the stock slash comes with a 31T pinion and the tires it has are only a few MM shorter than the revos.. Concrete is very hard and smooth, so is the dirt that I run on, it's a nicely groomed track. Oh yeah, stock spur before I forget.
    High speed passes:
    I'm not going (RING) up and down the street a million times either. I get maybe 2-3 passes before im thermaling with 2-2's in series. Maybe 4-5 with a 2 3's in parallel on that gear. As far as the cookie, I usually eat mine before I go out and play. Mommy said they attract too many bees. Perhaps yours got stuck in your mesh creating binding causing extra heat in your rig?.
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    150
    The important thing that many people overlook is gear mesh. Some people get the pinion and spur too tight causing the extra load on the motor. Just something to consider.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Only_Revo
    The important thing that many people overlook is gear mesh. Some people get the pinion and spur too tight causing the extra load on the motor. Just something to consider.
    yep that is true
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •