RC poster

4s in series MAJOR ISSUES!!!

I have attempted to run 2 rhino 2s 1250 mah lipo packs in series a couple of times and have had horrible results. Im running it in startard NIMH mode on the esc in order to bypass the lipo cut off. When I attempt to drive it the esc glitches like crazy!!! Applying full brake for no reason, shutting off for a couple seconds at a time. The esc temp was less than 120 degrees. I have no idea what's going on. please HELP ME.

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    i believe that's the rev limiter.

RC Qualifier
    why are you running em in series? thats your first problem
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC poster
    according to some videos i have seen and posts i have read there seems to be a lot of people doing this with no issues so i was just wondering why this may be happening to me.

RC Racer
    No it shouldnt be an isuse. Many of people have run them with out problems. Check to make sure you dont have a short some where. Thats really wierd. I assume the truck doesnt do this on one battery? Also do you have your antenna ran through the tube going up and not just sitting under the body coiled.

RC poster
    yeah the truck works fine with one 2s or one 3s or in parallel. Plus I have 2.4Ghz setup that has been range tested so this problem only occurs in series.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lucasfinley
    yeah the truck works fine with one 2s or one 3s or in parallel. Plus I have 2.4Ghz setup that has been range tested so this problem only occurs in series.
    I run 4s and it run better cooler than 2s or 3s and most of the studdering is gone. Even on grass it runs cooler I think the extra voltage is helping. More voltage=Less amperage for the same result.
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work