RC Racer

Will i regret it?

Hey guys i'm just wondering if going with 2 nimh packs for 14.4v will be worth it. I would be 'logical' with throttle control as i have seen many people are breaking driveshafts. I've already installed the option pinion, and cut holes in the body for increased ventilation. And i dont want the runtime connecter just because i would rather charge up 2 packs and then just switch them. And this is for the mini slash, and i know people will say you wont be able to control it, but i'm preety fit for it as i am a extremely good driver. I'm basicly just wondering if all of the speed is worth it. Also, for the people that are snappping driveshafts, is that on 4s? or on dual nimh too? ALso will i have to get a wheelie bar?

Thanks in advance

GOOSE

RC Qualifier
    I run 2 nimh in my Slash, parallel for run times, series for speed no problems the Slash seems to overheat less than the Revo, more airflow. Don't need no wheelie bar

This is how I run nimh on the Slash and Revo

RC Competitor
    Are you talking about running them in series?

If so, you wont regret it and it is worth it if you like speed. To me, it sounds like you're worried that you wont be able to handle it at high speed and might break your drive shaft. Honestly, I really don't think you would have to worry about that if you're playing with it smart. The mini-revo/slash handles very well at high speed too, just don't drive it full speed into something solid and you'll be fine.

As far as wheelie bar goes, you won't need a wheelie bar if you know how to control your throttle trigger. I think you'll be fine with this after you play with it in series a few time.

Goodluck and have fun with the sucker

RC Qualifier
    only 10 minutes of run time just isnt wort the lil added speed to me
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Enthusiast
    well all the speed is definately worth it. and im running 2 nimh in series and the only reason i have popped a driveshaft off is from doing standing backflips

RC Racer
    Okay, i guess i will get a series connecter, and a new set of tire's the next time i go to the hobbyshop. I've already lost all the tread on the rear tires and i've run it like 13 times just on 1 nimh! And for radicalray there are a couple resons why the slash overheats less than the revo: 1.it's lighter than the revo 2. it has smaller tires which also have less agressive tread pattern (creates resistance) and 3. it's more aerodynamic. For people out there running dual nimh's in series for the slash, how quickly does it get into thermal shutdown when doing speed runs and constantly on full throttle?

RC Qualifier
    7-10 minutes run time is a waste of battery charging time IMO. Unless you like to "throttle control" at quarter trigger thru out the whole run. Heck, I can flip my mini on it's back at 20mph with only a single 2S
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTEC
    7-10 minutes run time is a waste of battery charging time IMO. Unless you like to "throttle control" at quarter trigger thru out the whole run. Heck, I can flip my mini on it's back at 20mph with only a single 2S
    Get lipos I had alot of issues with the NIMH now I run 4s lipo and the only issue i have is on speed runs I am hitting the rev limiter.
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

RC Competitor
    I recently got the series connector...

Popped out two driveshafts(Easy Fix), and, un-glued all of my factory tires in two runs.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsak
    I recently got the series connector...

Popped out two driveshafts(Easy Fix), and, un-glued all of my factory tires in two runs.
    I did that with it in parallel lol now I have to wait until my tire glue gets here
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Competitor
    Thin CA works, correct?

I will put it this way. There is no need for 2 packs in series. The power is overkill.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsak
    I will put it this way. There is no need for 2 packs in series. The power is overkill.
    I think the power is awesome. If the capacity is there, why not? I think the broken drive shafts and stuff are due in part to hard acceleration. You dont have to go full throttle from stop. Take a second or two to get to full throttle, you wont have any problems. I have 2 maxamps 1600mah nimh batteries in series, they last a good 20 - 30 minutes. However, i dont think it's a good idea to run nimh in parallel, because you run the risk of a cell going into polarity reversal.