RC Enthusiast

traxxas slash vxl

I have a traxxas slash and the tires arent just big enough and i have no traction i always slip and crash even how loose or tight it is. Can some1 tell me if they have bigger tires and the outcome and can i get pictures please? thank you..

RC Racer
    ??? Are you talking about the 1/16 Slash, or the 1/10 big Slash? I gather the loose/tight you're talking about is your slipper clutch? Just asking but are you new to rc? Throttle control plays a big part. But either of my Slashes you can mash the throttle trigger and the trucks just take off forward in a hurry. You have to let off, and brake into turns. Explain a little more, please???
    Jammin' Nitro Truggy 1/8
    Slash 1/10
    Slash 1/16

RC Competitor
    I dont think bigger tires equals better traction... adjust your slipper, add some camber... read though some of the posts on here... traction is attainable at reasonable speeds on surfaces that allow it..

RC Enthusiast
    alrite im not new with rc cars but i am with electric and heres the problem when i launch my tires slip big time in the street and the front tire will lift of the ground only 1 and i swerve to the left and flip it has nothing to do with the slipper gear and its a 1/16 vxl as u see in the title.. and if i loosen up the suspension all the way it or tighten it up all the way it still has the same problem and i want bigger tires with better grip so i dont always spin

how do u add camber i thought they werent adjustable
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-17-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    heres a tip THROTTLE CONTROL =) and look at your manual for the camber adjustments
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Enthusiast
    yea i no im not trigger happy it just gets annoying when me and my bro go to race. he has the 1/16 erevo and we always drag race so i need a way to hook alot better

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1994
    alrite im not new with rc cars but i am with electric and heres the problem when i launch my tires slip big time in the street and the front tire will lift of the ground only 1 and i swerve to the left and flip it has nothing to do with the slipper gear and its a 1/16 vxl as u see in the title.. and if i loosen up the suspension all the way it or tighten it up all the way it still has the same problem and i want bigger tires with better grip so i dont always spin
    Just trying to help, the title says Traxxas Slash VXL - that's the big one to just about anyone. Anyway try this experiment please, try taking off in dirt to see if your problem is the same. Reason being is pavement is very, very grippy, and you must use throttle control. If you get better results in the dirt adjust accordingly. Bigger tires will not do what you think. By the way what battery are you running?
    Jammin' Nitro Truggy 1/8
    Slash 1/10
    Slash 1/16

RC Qualifier
    yea i no im not trigger happy it just gets annoying when me and my bro go to race. he has the 1/16 erevo and we always drag race so i need a way to hook alot better
    maybe you should of got a mini revo then
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Enthusiast
    tanman it launches fine in the dirt nd sorry for the miss understanding and im only usin the orig battery and i have the same 1 on the way here and the seris adapter and btw does ur 1.16 slash wheelie at all?

RC Racer
    tanman it launches fine in the dirt nd sorry for the miss understanding and im only usin the orig battery and i have the same 1 on the way here and the seris adapter and btw does ur 1.16 slash wheelie at all?
    No worries! No, my slash does not wheelie at all. But then again, I use it almost exclusively on tracks, just like my big slash. Dirt is a different animal than pavement, that's why I asked. I have the speed pinion (forget the teeth count, 28? maybe) in, and I have my slippier backed off half turn. The mesh ^^^^^^ is set up well, I try to get it as sharp edged as possible without putting holes, or tears in the paper. I know it's good because at the track my motor temperture is 95. Can't ask for more than that!
    Jammin' Nitro Truggy 1/8
    Slash 1/10
    Slash 1/16

RC Racer
    I have the same problem. Hit the gas at any speed and the truck "torque steers" to the left. The truck should launch straight when you hit the gas, without pulling to the left as hard as it does, especially from a dead stop. You shouldn't have to start off like a turtle to get the truck moving from a stop on pavement. It doesn't have much to do with throttle control, its the way the differentials put the power to the ground. I started a thread about this but didnt get much response. http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...t=torque+steer

I was thinking that thicker diff fluid would help this.. maybe even the optional center diff that will be available soon.
    Last edited by Blone; 07-16-2009 at 08:39 PM.
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    I like how people try to solve any design faults, defects, over power, lack of traction, poor suspension tuning, with "throttle control" lol
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTEC
    I like how people try to solve any design faults, defects, over power, lack of traction, poor suspension tuning, with "throttle control" lol
    I don't think that was the point. You can have the suspension perfectly tuned and if you are ham fisted with the throttle on an overpowered truck it still won't handle that well.