Thread: sand paw tires

RC Racer

sand paw tires

I'm getting ready to do some beach bashing as soon as the river goes down a little, I'm probably going with the proline sand paws on the traxxas #3674 wheels with the stock ribbed on the front. What's the overall height difference between the paws and the stock knobbies? I'm still running the stock 25 tooth gear, I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to go up or down in the gear size. Maybe drop it to a 23 or 19?
    Last edited by jshultz78; 07-15-2009 at 10:04 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    i've ran stock gearing with good motor temps. but yes, if i did have the option of switching to 23 or lower i would.

RC Qualifier
    The extra load from the sand can cause heat build up so just to be safe I'd gear around a 19t or lower.
    Vehicle(s): None
    Owned:Rustler,Slash,E-Maxx

RC Champion
    I run the pl sand paws with excellent results

watch you temps

RC Champion
    The paws are just a tad bit taller than the stockers because of the fins. They ride a little bumpy on hard packed stuff and don't run them on asphault for even a little ways, well, not fast anyway or it will eat them up. Since I have issues with my 19T pinion eating up spur gears with a 3s, I use 23/86 in sand and it still gets hot and shuts down after 10minutes or so. I love the sand paws. It makes the Rustler track straight and keeps it heading the right direction. My gladiators on say a base ball field will spin out easy, not with the sand paws though. I LOVE sand paws.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    hey do any of you guys use these sort of tires on the front? (the ones with a single rib down the middle)

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6753/dsc00857t.jpg (pics to big to display not by link)
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    hey do any of you guys use these sort of tires on the front? (the ones with a single rib down the middle)

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6753/dsc00857t.jpg (pics to big to display not by link)
    no havent used them but, i do know that many desert bajas use those for their fronts. the vxl comes with small ribs in the front tires witch handle well, as well.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheydude
    The paws are just a tad bit taller than the stockers because of the fins. They ride a little bumpy on hard packed stuff and don't run them on asphault for even a little ways, well, not fast anyway or it will eat them up. Since I have issues with my 19T pinion eating up spur gears with a 3s, I use 23/86 in sand and it still gets hot and shuts down after 10minutes or so. I love the sand paws. It makes the Rustler track straight and keeps it heading the right direction. My gladiators on say a base ball field will spin out easy, not with the sand paws though. I LOVE sand paws.
    they are SAND tires

RC Champion
    They are great in the grass or whatever. They work great everywhere there is loose stuff. If you have ever used them, you would surely know what I mean. Gravel is fun too. Especially if you want to give someone a gravel shower!
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion

RC Champion
    Sweet!
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    i did some beach bashing in Daytona...but it was short lived...due to the fact my brother fried my M11

i ran stock tires...they worked ok..but it was still fun. I jumped some kids sand castle. xD

btw i was running my Slash

i'm set on the PL sand-Paws
    Last edited by Fox; 07-17-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    Fluttershy is best pony.