Thread: Tire wobble

RC Racer

Tire wobble

Ok was out driving, and only driving for about a min, did a little tarmac roll, and landed on the wheels. Then the rear right tire started to wobble.

So I stopped, took the wheel off and everything looked good. So I tried again, same thing, so I swapped the rear with the front and now the front had the problem. So after inspecting the tire I can see that it is uneven, on side is larger than the other. Like the form has become offset or ripped or something.

any way to fix this or am I going to have to tear the tire apart to further inspect?

RC Competitor
    It sounds like your tire hopped out of the wheel. Just remount it and glue it.

RC Racer
    If the tire hasn't come unglued just squeeze it a few times, all the way around the tire, and try to get the foam back in the right place.

Is it severe or mild tire wobble?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
    If the tire hasn't come unglued just squeeze it a few times, all the way around the tire, and try to get the foam back in the right place.

Is it severe or mild tire wobble?
    Id say pretty mild, even at half throttle the wheel is hopping off the ground, and shaking the suspension crazy, which then offsets the steering. So yeah needs to be fixed.

I tried pushing the foam around, and it work. for about 5 min and the shake was back...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrimxX
    Id say pretty mild, even at half throttle the wheel is hopping off the ground, and shaking the suspension crazy, which then offsets the steering. So yeah needs to be fixed.

I tried pushing the foam around, and it work. for about 5 min and the shake was back...
    If the wheel is hopping off the ground because of it it's not mild it's severe!

That's weird. It looks like you're going to have to take the tire off of the wheel to find out what's causing it.