RC Racer

I'm looking for some help...

Hey all. Listen I want to run run LiPo's in my AMSOIL mini Slash. What kind of Lipo's do I need to get?? I know I'm going to need one's with a Traxxas connector, or at least get some to sauter on. Also I have the team Checkpoint Style LiPo balancer with the banana type clips that go into a Hard Case battery. Are there any batteries like that that will fit it?? Also will the BRUSHED version of the truck be able to handle 2c LiPo?? Thanks for any help you guys....
    http://67.199.85.166/misc/2009/watao-page_y.php

RC Qualifier
    this is the biggest lipo you can fit... it requires you to cut a small 1/4 inch notch out of the rear of the battery door to let the wires threw...

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idproduct=6540
    GARAGE
    e-revo, ME-revo, micro-t, slash, DX3S

RC Qualifier
    Just and FYI, sauter is Solder, might help you in the future.
    HPI Savage LOSI Mini/MicroT, MRC Traxxas Revo VXL

RC Racer
    Ah Thanks again.. I didn't know there was any other topics or at least i didn't see them in the Traxxas Thread search engine. LOL As far as the sauter/solder thing I thought of that after I re-read my post. Had a bit of a Peter Griffin moment. Once again thanks for all of the SUPER help......

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 23Modified
    Hey all. Listen I want to run run LiPo's in my AMSOIL mini Slash. What kind of Lipo's do I need to get?? I know I'm going to need one's with a Traxxas connector, or at least get some to sauter on. Also I have the team Checkpoint Style LiPo balancer with the banana type clips that go into a Hard Case battery. Are there any batteries like that that will fit it?? Also will the BRUSHED version of the truck be able to handle 2c LiPo?? Thanks for any help you guys....
    The lipo that concreat mentioned is great you will need to change connector to Traxxas. No batteries like that will fit 1/16. Use the balancer connector on the link below it fits in your checkpoint/equinox and the batteries mentioned. As far as vehicle being able to handle it I don't know. Do advanced search for member filmmaker he is the only one I know of that has a brushed version

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNGC4&P=M
    Last edited by radicalray; 07-16-2009 at 12:24 AM.

RC Racer
    Awesome, thanks. But I don't think it's what I'm looking for. I'm looking for one with a Traxxas connector with a balancer port. Like if I would be trying to charge a MaxAmps battery. Hmmmm.... Thank you anyway Ray....

RC Champion
    those ********* lipos should work u just need to solder ur own connector on.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Champion
    The *********s are a good battery at a reasonable price.
    The Hyperion G3 VX series are a Superior battery at a higher price.
    Higher C rate by far! Ability to safely recharge at 5C in 12 minutes!
    http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=10656

If you have the ability to recharge using your car battery or a field deep cycle battery, you can carry less batteries with you.

Hey!!! I cracked up when you spelled "sauter"!! Only a New Hampsha native would do that. LOL

RC poster
    65C?? I know next to nothing about lipo's, but wouldn't that burn a hole in the universe or something?

Seriously, I've only seen people running 20 or maybe 30C discharge rates. Does the ESC control that rate...equating to no difference between 30C and 65C? Or do most manufacturers just list the normal discharge rate?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by concreat
    this is the biggest lipo you can fit... it requires you to cut a small 1/4 inch notch out of the rear of the battery door to let the wires threw...

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idproduct=6540
    anyone have a photo of this???? the notch?
    Ur wife called. She said buy anything U want!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteVert
    65C?? I know next to nothing about lipo's, but wouldn't that burn a hole in the universe or something?

Seriously, I've only seen people running 20 or maybe 30C discharge rates. Does the ESC control that rate...equating to no difference between 30C and 65C? Or do most manufacturers just list the normal discharge rate?
    Most list the continious 20 c, 35c etc 65 c is the burst Nice battery saw those in the Hobby shop last week I think ill pick up a set.

Quote( anyone have a photo of this???? the notch?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteVert

A higher C rated battery is NEVER a problem. Too low a C rating IS a problem.
    A higher C rated lipo will run very cool and be able to dish out the juice on demand of the ESC.

A low C rated lipo will heat up when a big demand is put on it. Heat causes resistance to increase so it gets even worse.

RC Racer
    You guys are awesome! Thank You. But I think I'm going to need to purchase another LiPo balancer with a Traxxas connector and balancer port with banana inserts at the end where the plug into the charger. I have a DuraTrax 230, which is seriously like the best charger I have ever bought. I really don't want to do any Modifications to the battery trays, so I'll probably get a battery thats a little smaller. My LHS says that they have something that will work as far as the balancer goes, but also told me that Venom has smaller mini type LiPo's alreay out or coming out very shortly. I'll just have to see I guess. Anymore info anybody has to share would be awesome.... Like what side of the battery trays do you use if only running one battery...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 23Modified
    You guys are awesome! Thank You. But I think I'm going to need to purchase another LiPo balancer with a Traxxas connector and balancer port with banana inserts at the end where the plug into the charger. I have a DuraTrax 230, which is seriously like the best charger I have ever bought. I really don't want to do any Modifications to the battery trays, so I'll probably get a battery thats a little smaller. My LHS says that they have something that will work as far as the balancer goes, but also told me that Venom has smaller mini type LiPo's alreay out or coming out very shortly. I'll just have to see I guess. Anymore info anybody has to share would be awesome.... Like what side of the battery trays do you use if only running one battery...
    Its just the door not the box, snip it, if you don't like it replacement door is $4.95. Sniping gets you 4400mah of run time but its your choice I understand

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob
    A higher C rated battery is NEVER a problem. Too low a C rating IS a problem.
    A higher C rated lipo will run very cool and be able to dish out the juice on demand of the ESC.

A low C rated lipo will heat up when a big demand is put on it. Heat causes resistance to increase so it gets even worse.
    Thanks for the explanation!

VV