Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31

    Changing diff oil??

    i just took my truck apart for the first time and i think that its dirty or whatever and was wonder how i can clean it and put new oil in it

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by wants an ERBE
    i just took my truck apart for the first time and i think that its dirty or whatever and was wonder how i can clean it and put new oil in it
    Buy some silicone for diff @ your LHS.

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    759
    how long have you even had it?
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,930
    Try to get as much of the old fluid out. If you have a ton of fluid, you can use it to rinse, but it may be a bit hard since it is thick. Personally, I'd use some shock oil, it is much thinner but it is still silicone based.
    BP stands for Brushless Powered - LMT1940/7 CF G2R

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by BP-Revo
    Try to get as much of the old fluid out. If you have a ton of fluid, you can use it to rinse, but it may be a bit hard since it is thick. Personally, I'd use some shock oil, it is much thinner but it is still silicone based.

    what weight shock oil is comparable to 30k diff oil?
    typing 1st amendment gets you 60% helping ppl 0%

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesaw Jenkins
    what weight shock oil is comparable to 30k diff oil?
    jus use dif oil dont use shock oil unless you have 30k shock oil lol
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    349
    He means rinse the old diff oil out with shock oil, then replace that with the new diff oil.
    HPI Savage LOSI Mini/MicroT, MRC Traxxas Revo VXL

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    150
    I have always used brake cleaner to clean out the cups.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •