Thread: Tire Glue?

RC poster

Tire Glue?

What kind of glue do I need and do I need to try and clean the old glue off? Do I just reglue where it came apart?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Make your choice on how fast you want it to dry. Im quick at CA gluing tires so i like the thick 20sec stuff. IMO it's much stronger. Some like the runny stuff in hopes it runs around the bead of the tire. I like to do a little piece at a time..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...SEARCH=ca+glue
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Champion
    im using this it takes a while to dry so its easier if ur not really good at it.

i also have some stuff that is like instant dry, i think it is stronger but it cost twice as much and is harder to use.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC poster
    Is there a glue that I can pick up at Walmart or should I just wait till I go into the LHS?

RC Champion
    wait till LHS.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC poster
    I will wait then. Thanks for the info.

RC Racer
    I use Locktite Super Glue from Walmart. It's thin enough to roll around the bead and wick in the rim.
    Run it like you borrowed it!

RC poster
    My problem is I'm runnig two batteries with a series connection and was only able to clock it at 45 before I had a tire problem. They should hold at higher speeds correct?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wgmack3
    My problem is I'm runnig two batteries with a series connection and was only able to clock it at 45 before I had a tire problem. They should hold at higher speeds correct?
    Sometimes tires are not glued well from the factory probably what happened to yours just add more glue where you can push it off the bead.

CA comes in slow med fast drying. Then their is tire CA cost twice as much and Walmart CA half as much, probably all the same stuff except for thickness. I think it comes down to personel experience and preference. Each tire and bead is different. I'm thin CA guy easier to bake off later.