Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

question about the pinions

I know your supposed to switch the pinion gears when running two nimh packs in series but what if you dont? i understand it will probably heat up the motor and esc more than normal but i just want to do a few speed runs with my new street tires. the new tires are a little taller then the stock ones too so i need to consider that too. but say im careful on the throttle and dont floor it to get going but gradually get up to speed for just a few runs will it be ok? or considering the height of the new tires should i just switch them anway?
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

RC Qualifier
    Taller tires will cause it to run hotter, if you watch your temps CAREFULLY you could try it for a few runs

RC Qualifier
    thats what i figured, i will try both pinions and see how it goes but i definatley want to see what it can do with the taller tires and the bigger pinion. hopefully i can reach 55 or at least close to it. it says it can do 50 with the smaller pinion and stock tires so a bigger pinion with a taller tire? i want to go fastttt, its a one time thing though im more of a basher
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.