RC Racer

Overall Thoughts, Weak Points?

I had pre-ordered a Mini VXL Revo but then canceled it so i could buy an RC airplane, specifically a 47" Extra 300SR from 3DH. I sort of figured there might be a few bugs in the truck since it is new. Also, I wanted to see how the truck runs and if it would take a beating. Are there any weak points on the truck or its design. How does it run on dual 3S packs in a parallel or on dual 7.2v Nimh packs in a series? How does it do on grass? Please, no sugared opinions, just facts. If I hear good thing I might save up some money to get one.
    Thank you for your help.
    Drive it, Break it, Fix it, Love it, Repeat

RC Racer
    put it this way i fliped mine half a block and nothing broke.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTraxxas3
    If I hear good thing I might save up some money to get one.
    If you hear bad things will you still "might" get one?

Read threw the forum, watch some of the vids posted. These things take a butt whoopin and then scream for more. When you beat on them they look at you and say "is that all you got you wimp"!! They roll up there sleeves with moxy and say "BRING IT"...
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTraxxas3
    I had pre-ordered a Mini VXL Revo but then canceled it so i could buy an RC airplane, specifically a 47" Extra 300SR from 3DH. I sort of figured there might be a few bugs in the truck since it is new. Also, I wanted to see how the truck runs and if it would take a beating. Are there any weak points on the truck or its design. How does it run on dual 3S packs in a parallel or on dual 7.2v Nimh packs in a series? How does it do on grass? Please, no sugared opinions, just facts. If I hear good thing I might save up some money to get one.
    Thank you for your help.
    You should really save up and get one they are awesome and super durable here check out my mini revo vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqciY8ZMpw
    http://www.youtube.com/user/josephdelrio

RC Qualifier
    I would agree with these comments. I was running dual Nihm's in series. WOT across an upper deck of a parking garage. The truck caught a joint between 2 of the concrete slabs and flew a good 30ft away in the air before tumbling and cartwheeling another 30 yards! In 10 yrs of RC it was one of the most violent wrecks I've had! I thought for sure there would be a trip to the LHS in my future. Took a breath, hit the throttle and she ripped another wheelie and took off with no hestitation!

RC Qualifier
    They are as fast or faster than their 1/10 parents having less mass their is less force when they crash so less damage. Amazing how well they handle The weakness comes when people abuse the power. My personel experience is that nimh and 2s in parallel i find no issues.
    Nimh in series battery gets warm thats expected not enough amps their. 2s and 4s experience below

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/*****3-2.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMG_1050.jpg

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-14-2009 at 10:27 PM.

RC Racer
    Overall great. Really no weak points.

RC Qualifier
    Amazing truck, the only problem I have had thus far is the shredding of my antennas! I am on my roof so much, that they just scrape away. I am thinking I will need to go 2.4, just for the smaller antenna.

Nate.
    [QUOTE=Corrijo]Welcome to the crazed family of summit owners.[/QUOTE]

RC Racer
    The weak points i have found so far are
    1. The A arms can snap on a crash
    2. The tire glue comes apart on stock tires
    3. The wheel drive shafts can pop out on an impact.
    Summit, E-Revo, E-Revo Brushless, Merv. Baja 5BSS

RC poster
    The rear mount that holds the body/wing. Anyone that crashes lands upside down, putting most of the stress on the rear wing. This attaches to the body posts, so when crashing if you don't hit the wing you hit the body.

Yes you will have to reglue the tires, pay attention, don't want a tire coming off at full speed!!!

So the body and the wing attach to one single point... I have broke mine, had to order online because no one has it localy, so I made a piece out of sheet metal, to reinforce it... only to rip the screw out of the plastic from landing on the wing again...

I have broke only upper a-arms.. The first time I actually broke through the front upper, and then on inspection noticed the other side half broke..

I have way to much fun with it, in my front yard in the grass (uncutt for a few weeks) mows it down, hard to keep the front end down when plowen over tall grass.. but nothing stops it..

I like to race cars on my street, speed limit is 30, and I easly pass them with alot of thumbs up from the drivers..

I recently started visiting my local offroad indoor track and think its a blast.. So besides the above parts breaking, and hard to find parts, it is great.

If I could only afford a bigger version.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure about everyone else...but there's a big weak point for me...

...my will power...to turn the thing off and get back to work.

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPunk
    Not sure about everyone else...but there's a big weak point for me...

...my will power...to turn the thing off and get back to work.

Two thumps up dude!!

RC Racer
    I love my mini-slash. I race on a carpet track and have broken a lower front a-arm when I landed firm on the plastic barrier. Doing this with my slash has proven to blow shocks all the time. I have seen many minis cartwheel without any concerns. I am looking forward to racing this min truck more.