RC poster

Antenna wire and shock problems - common?

about 8 packs into my new mini Revo....

The antenna wire is getting bashed up good (part coiled and taped outside tube), almost worn through the wire in a few places from flipping / skidding on the roof, etc. I keep tape patching it. Anyone have a solution for this? I don't need more than 200 ft range max. I'm thinking of bundling it inside the chassis and seeing what the range is. The tube is getting pretty banged up too.

Shock adjusting rings keep getting cockeyed. I take them off, straighten them up, then after the next run, they are crooked / cross threaded again. I have in mind to do metal shocks, but I'm waiting until a company makes full top quality metal shocks with metal adjuster rings too instead of just alum housings. Ideas?

RC Qualifier
    victoria BC bashing with my bud 1slash and racing with COR victoria
    try cuting a hole in the back of your car like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ufOeZ5mdY
    1/16 revo
    slash 4x4
    some more but they wont fit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by demons revo
    try cuting a hole in the back of your car like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ufOeZ5mdY
    That's not even a 1/16th, and second off it's not even a Slash body.

I think you were trying to get hits on your video.

For the OP, on my 1/10th Slash, I have just left the wire in the tube and tucked it under the rear body post mount/shock tower and it seems to have very good range still and it keeps everything under the body.

As for the shock problem, no personal experience here but I would guess that aluminum shocks with threaded bodies would do the trick. Sounds like you might just have to deal with it for now, but like I said I have no personal experience.. but am definitely looking to get a mini Revo.
    E-Maxx 3905 and 3906. :D

I dont have the antenna problem with my spektrum/sr3000 combo, i just have a little nubbin sticking up through the roof. After about 8 packs out at the lake this weekend i noticed the ever so fun shock leak and while cleaning them a bit i noticed the compressions rings were crooked one 1 shock front and rear. Give them a push either way and they pop back where they should be, looks like something that would most likely keep happening but its an easy fix so im not terribly worried about that one
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ling427ttvette
    That's not even a 1/16th, and second off it's not even a Slash body.

I think you were trying to get hits on your video.
    His way of doing it would work, but on the 1/16th vehicles, there isn't much room to do it. I don't think he was just trying to get hits on the video.

Quote Originally Posted by ling427ttvette
    For the OP, on my 1/10th Slash, I have just left the wire in the tube and tucked it under the rear body post mount/shock tower and it seems to have very good range still and it keeps everything under the body.
    This is the popular way of doing it I believe. Another option is if you go to a 2.4ghz system. My antenna doesn't even come out of the receiver box its so short. Haven't tested the range quite yet, but I believe it will be good.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pnut

Shock adjusting rings keep getting cockeyed. I take them off, straighten them up, then after the next run, they are crooked / cross threaded again. I have in mind to do metal shocks, but I'm waiting until a company makes full top quality metal shocks with metal adjuster rings too instead of just alum housings. Ideas?
    It Kept happening to me too soo i adjusted to what i wanted it and put zipties
    http://www.youtube.com/user/josephdelrio

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by iadevil
    His way of doing it would work, but on the 1/16th vehicles, there isn't much room to do it. I don't think he was just trying to get hits on the video.

This is the popular way of doing it I believe. Another option is if you go to a 2.4ghz system. My antenna doesn't even come out of the receiver box its so short. Haven't tested the range quite yet, but I believe it will be good.
    he was not trying to get hits on his vid!!!!! it is my bros account and my slash!!!!
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Champion
    and he was just trying to show you what it will look like and where to do it so you guys can zip it
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    thats why you get a 2.4ghz system my wire doesnt even stick out of the body

keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by H towns finest
    thats why you get a 2.4ghz system my wire doesnt even stick out of the body

YES duh BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY then what do thy do
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slash
    YES duh BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY then what do thy do
    get the money

RC poster

2.4ghz for those on a budget.

There is a 2.4ghz radio for those on a budget and I have not been here in a long time so i dont know the rules on talking about different products so if you want more information PM me the radio is equivelent to the stocker but in 2.4ghz and under $90 w a reciever. It works good through around 275 to 300 ft but who in thier right mind would drive a mini that far anyways, it may work farther but that is all I have tested so far.
    Last edited by ddrc; 07-16-2009 at 06:40 PM.

RC Qualifier
    u mean that tower hobbies radio

RC Qualifier
    D'oh!! Now you tell me!! I just grabbed a 2.4GHz TQ transmitter and receiver from the Market Place for $100.00 shipped! Oh well, I got a nice deal, hope these new TQ's are alright...

Nate.
    [QUOTE=Corrijo]Welcome to the crazed family of summit owners.[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    you paid 100 bucks for the traxxas 2.4 controller I paid 50 bucks for a used spektrum 2.0 radio

RC Qualifier
    Oops. Well, they aren't out yet, and when they do come out they are going to sell for about $130.00. Your's was used, right? And did it come with the receiver? I am still an RC noob, I thought all 2.4GHz where really expensive. Oh well, you learn something new everyday.

RC Qualifier
    yep it came with everything needed

RC Qualifier
    Dang man. I was looking at prices online(pre-orders as they have yet to be released), and they are all over $130.00. Even the ones on E-Bay are all going for just about that same price. Then the other day I made an offer on one in the Market Place, and it was too low, he ended up selling it for $110.

So, I saw this one today, brand new, pulled from a new E-Revo brushless edition, listed at $105, and thought I would "stanch it up" at a grate price. Oh well, what can you do?

Nate.

RC Qualifier
    yea true I just got really lucky on my purchase but ill prolly be upgrading to the dx3s pretty soon or whenever I have the money

RC poster
    Follow up to the original post:

I tried wrapping the wire under the body in many different configurations, and can't get to the end of my 180ft driveway, so I put the original one back in for now and am suffering with it.

Matt S

RC Champion
    i have a tower radio coming here now for my slash !!!!!
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    I put my mini revo receiver in my old mini-t and I coiled up the wire on the chassis. I can get that car all the way down the street without a problem, it just takes forever to get there.
    HPI Savage LOSI Mini/MicroT, MRC Traxxas Revo VXL