Thread: Got mine friday

RC Champion

Got mine friday

Got the Revo.

I've run 2s2p A123, 2s2p Evo 20 1500, and 4s A123. I like the speed I get with 2s2p lipo but want a bit more punch. I will probably gear down a bit with 3s2p lipo's.

I have also run several differant tires, stock (of course), HPI Ground Assualt, and HPI super nitro rally. Ground Assualt's are my favorite so far, followed closely by the stock.

The rally tires(on HPI mesh wheels) feel like they need softer springs and/or shock oil for off road use. Any little bump or rock really upsets it on gravel. They did ok in grass but the short profile lets them down. On asphalt they flat out rocked. Very hard to roll it over around corners even with a high ride hight.

The Ground Assualts(on RPM Talons wheels) are great in the grass, size matters They work good on all surfaces but will roll over quite easy on asphalt. They also don't look as goofy as I thought they might, the guys at the LHS were digging it

Wish I had some buggy tires to try, I like the GA's enough that I dont want to shell out for new tires and rims just yet. Would also like to try Trac-Ta-Gator's they were awesome grass tires on my 1/10 scale stadium truck.

I just rembered I have a set of Road Rage 2.2's on HPI Split 5 wheels, I'll give 'em a run at some point and report how they do.

The truck itself is awesome, it's what I had hoped the 18MT, Mini Quake, MLST would be.

Not to keen on the electronics, Quirky ESC with limited adjustability and capability. The TX/RX, battery, and charger were donated back to the LHS before I left with it. Servo and motor are ok so far. I'm sure at some point a MG servo will be wanted, as well as a decent ESC and possibly a Neu motor. Would have been nice if Traxxas had teamed up with CC for the power system again. Knowing what I know now I would have been happy to pay an extra $50 for a Castle/Neu 1110/2.5D Sidewinder ESC combo.
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC Champion
    I had forgotten about this http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...t=transmission

I just retried the 4s A123 setup and love it! Speed is controlable for more than flat out speed runs, torque is just silly. I have the 23t pinion and HPI Ground Assault tires and I can now pull wheelies at speed on gravel, this is the first setup that has given me that ability. Ran most of the pack in the grass and the motor was a bit hot, high 160f range. The ESC was only about 120-130 though.

Going to try out the other tires I have around with 4s now. I think this might be the setup for me!

RC Champion
    Some pics of a few of the differant tires I have that will fit.

GA's

RR II

Super Nitro Rally

Gladiator II

I also saw some one had done a velcro body mount setup, I did something a little differant and used some small neo magnets.

Seems to work ok, I rolled it a couple times on purpose just to see if it would stay on and it did.

RC Qualifier
    Looks good, How's the weight of the GA's w/talon's compared to stock?
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Champion
    Gladiators 130g
    Road Rage 108g
    Ground Assault 98g
    Super Nitro Rally 66g
    Stock 64g

I think I have some Talons rims around to weigh also, the tires are obviously pretty light maybe we can locate some lighter rims to take full advantage of them.
    Last edited by buzzsaw 46; 07-13-2009 at 06:02 AM.

RC Champion
    Was playing with it at work today, I did the tranny demistified mod. and was running 4s A123's and it is awesome except for the rev limiter. When I got home I decided to hook up the ET and see what it was doing.

It would run up to 52816rpm then pulse down to 50k, pulsing at about 1.5pulses/sec. I then hooked up a Mamba 25 and get a steady 55350rpm, smoother low speed, better top speed, I'm happy. Will try it out tomarrow.

I also did a bunch of thinking and I just stole my Aveox 2627/2Y out of it's heli. 2500Kv on 4s should be = to 5000Kv on 2s2p. I have it ready to drop in, but want to play with the stock motor a bit with the Mamba ESC.

The Aveox is 49.10mm long the Traxxas is 48.19mm. The Aveox just clears the rear shock mount.