Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

On Board Video Revo 1/16 & Go Pro Camera

Kinda boring Video because i was just testing in front of my House. Its my first on board video.

I just got my Go Pro Camera and its not a good idea to use this thing on the Revo when trying to do wheels in the street. At the end of the Video i tried twice to ride a wheelie and ended up cracking my Camera Case. No biggy though because i tested the case in the sink and it doesn't leak any water into the case.

Go Pro Camera on board Traxxas Revo 1/16

RC Champion
    nice, it's amazing how much better the quality is when posted on vimio... Can't wait to see more

what'd you use to edit it?
    RC Addict #341777

RC Competitor
    Nice vid.

The camera movement made me want to puke.

But, it was a nice video.

RC Qualifier
    Oh I want that camera badly!
    Did the car lowered? ( the real one )
    -edd
    1/16 revo- NEU 1112, ******* esc

RC Enthusiast
    tonkajeep34:
    I just used "windows movie maker" that came with my Windows Media operating system. Just added a song and a few text.

Forsak:
    I know... its especially when going through the grass. I want to take it to the track one day and see how that would look. Its pretty smooth so only the jumps will give you a head ache.

edu01jose:
    Yeah... I had the car raised up so the Revo could drive under it then i hit the remote to lower the car with the air suspension.
    I've only had the camera for a day and so far i'm impressed with it. Its not the best quality but its quality for its size and price.
    I'm gonna be using this camera for everything. I order the helmet mount for mountain biking, car mounts, i'm gonna use it on my Yamaha R1, and since its water proof i'm gonna use it jet skiing too. That's is my Revo and Baja 5T don't trash the camera first.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 07-13-2009 at 09:42 AM.

RC Racer
    what kind of car was that, i couldn't quite tell but it was sick
    1/8 E-Revo MMM/Neu Castle
    1/16 Revo VXL

RC Champion
    looked like an audi
    The biggest thing i've broken: My wallet.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm pretty sure it's an Audi TT.

The only thing with the camera and the 1/16's is that the camera makes the truck like 50% taller. I would have to assume that hurts handling.
    BP stands for Brushless Powered - LMT1940/7 CF G2R

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BP-Revo

The only thing with the camera and the 1/16's is that the camera makes the truck like 50% taller. I would have to assume that hurts handling.
    yeah i would think so, and since the little revo, is sorta "prone" to flipping its gonna take a beating. I hate the transition roll(going from grass to dirt, or dirt to tarmac) always flips on me.

RC Qualifier
    Looks great! Waiting on a couple GoPro cams in the mail...pretty excited...will be making one of my front mounted mounts for the Minis and the GoPro like I do for the Rustler/Stamp/Band...

iMotion...you in Houston?

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC poster
    I have a go pro coming next week. Where was the track the 5T's were running on?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BP-Revo

It hurt the handling bad!!! i want to test it on the dirt track to see if less tracking will help me drift with the camera on it rather then flipping over on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPunk
    Looks great! Waiting on a couple GoPro cams in the mail...pretty excited...will be making one of my front mounted mounts for the Minis and the GoPro like I do for the Rustler/Stamp/Band...

iMotion...you in Houston?

Yeah.. I'm on the east side of Houston but i work on South west side of town. a Good sport over there is Hobby Center on chimney rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Nube
    I have a go pro coming next week. Where was the track the 5T's were running on?
    The track was at a guy's house that i met on the Baja Forums. i havn't talked to him in a while but it was fun when i did get to test the track out.

Here's a good spot i found on the east side of Houston. It has a BMX dirt track that's under construction and i has a skate park right next to it. Both are great with the Revo or any RC cars.

Thread i posted on Baja forum about the track

Quote Originally Posted by hoss76
    what kind of car was that, i couldn't quite tell but it was sick
    Thanks man.. Its My Daily Driver. 2000 Audi TT Quattro
    I don't want to get off topic but here are some pics of the Audi

Last edited by iMotion; 07-13-2009 at 02:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Man I wish I would have known about this camera before I bought a VADO HD. I love the fact that it comes with a mount and a waterproof case. BTW off-topic, we have the same taste in toys, I have a 2000 Audi TT (Caractere body kit and MTM Bimoto wheels) as well and had a Yamaha R6.
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by all aluminum
    Man I wish I would have known about this camera before I bought a VADO HD. I love the fact that it comes with a mount and a waterproof case. BTW off-topic, we have the same taste in toys, I have a 2000 Audi TT (Caractere body kit and MTM Bimoto wheels) as well and had a Yamaha R6.
    I took the camera with me this weekend and just finished uploading the videos if you want to see more of the "Go Pro Hero"
    My Vimeo
    Look at Houston Memorial Bike Trail Closed 06-12-09 and Schlitterbahn Galveston 06-11-09

off-topic: About the Toys.. Great minds think alike. =)
    Here's My R1 and Sister's R6 Both are set up for drag race and car shows.

RC Racer
    Why a roof rack with that car? Or is it something else?
    Jammin' Nitro Truggy 1/8
    Slash 1/10
    Slash 1/16

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by iMotion
    off-topic: About the Toys.. Great minds think alike. =)
    Here's My R1 and Sister's R6 Both are set up for drag race and car shows.
    Nice bikes, I regret selling mine and wished I kept it....

here's my TT:

I think I'll be picking up a Go Pro Camera, Did you pick it up from their website directly or is there a different retailer that sells it cheaper?
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Nice vid!! Love the Audi......pretty cool man.