RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Custom made sway bar.

I used some old throttle linkage from a T-maxx to fab up the bar and the mount bolt/bracket. I did mine just like it's big brother. Thanks for the inspiration Thomas.

What a huge difference in handling on this little guy!!
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC poster
    Where can I found the material to fab up bars ? Do you get any reference ?Nice work anyway, very impressed !

RC Qualifier
    Looking ACE got_nitro!!! love it!!

any tip where i can get thoose longer screwz ?

/Tp
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12

RC Competitor
    I don't understand the part and materials near the servo. Explain and more photos pls.

fc

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by FROGUI
    Where can I found the material to fab up bars ? Do you get any reference ?Nice work anyway, very impressed !
    Right here.

Quote Originally Posted by got_nitro
    I used some old throttle linkage from a T-maxx to fab up the bar and the mount bolt/bracket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P
    Looking ACE got_nitro!!! love it!!

any tip where i can get thoose longer screwz ?/Tp
    Thanks dude!...
    I dont know (because i didn't measure them) if they were 3x15mm or 3x18mm button head screws.

Quote Originally Posted by francoismtbr
    I don't understand the part and materials near the servo. Explain and more photos pls.fc
    Im not sure i understand your question. Those are the parts i used to get it to work.

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=francoismtbr]I don't understand the part and materials near the servo. Explain and more photos pls.

I could be wrong but I think he's refering to the picture at the top of the NITRO E-Revo!!! I know as I'm sure others do that got nitro put it there for reference purposes!
    Looks great got nitro, may have to have a go at one for my MER!
    JJ

Don't know what went wrong eith that quote!

< can anybody tell me what this means? -Warn0%)
    Last edited by JayJ; 07-09-2009 at 02:56 PM.

RC Competitor
    I don't understand the part and materials near the servo. Explain and more photos pls.

fc
    I just want to understand exactly how to build this custom sway bar for the e-revo.

fc

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just want to understand exactly how to build this custom sway bar for the e-revo.

fc
    Well, i went and kinda eyeballed the 10th scale Revo's front bar and went ahead and bent a peice of metal throttle linkage from a T-Maxx that i had laying around as good as i could (with a child wanting to ride his bike in the street without me looking lol), to match it up. Seems to work very good!

Im sure i will be getting the Traxxas version when it comes out as they have the machines to build a better one.

Maybe they will use mine as a mock up and send me one for free??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, im not to happy with the looks of this bar. It works amazingly don't get me wrong but i just dont like how close it is to the output shaft on the trans. I have a new bracket im going to try that i fabed up in a buddys mill shop yesterday that will be the shock mount and hold the sway bar its self. It's an aluminum peice/block cut with a water jet and im also going to have to do some precision dremeling to it. Im also going to bend up a new bar and put it under an induction coil (heat treat it) and the bar will be much thinner and stronger. The push rods for the bar will probably be some Lundsford TI or Traxxas red or blue anodized aluminum bandit links.

While im in the shop im also going to see if i can fab up a rear bolt on bracket (just like the 10th scale revo) out of aluminum for a rear sway. IMO a rear sway is probably going to be overkill for this little truck but never the less im going to try it..

RC Qualifier
    Nice to hear, yea i think so to, i mean, the truck already have plenty of steering, thats one of the main reasons i mounted mine, to get less steering...i will re-tune mine later this weekend.

btw, nice Work GN

/Tp

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P
    btw, nice Work GN/Tp
    Thanks man

Im going to be finishing up the bracket/shock & sway aluminum mount i made hopefully today. It's either that or go and play at the track with some real trucks (nitro) If i do get these done today, ill be sure to get some pics up..

The threads on these plastic shock bodies are really annnoying, that coupled with the constant leakage. I think it's time for the aluminum bodies and TiNi shafts.

RC Qualifier
    You canīt go wrong wit hALu house and TiNi shafts..

I have just sealed of one hole in my pistons and thats the trick, what a major differnece, a lot more pack, just what i have been missing.

BUT please update us on the Swaybar...specially pics on mounts...if it works good, you have a customer!!

/TiPi

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I didn't get a chance to finish it yet TP. I will soon tho. I was too busy burning about a gallon of fuel in the nitro's between the both days off. I'll (get-er-done) soon

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by got_nitro
    Well, i went and kinda eyeballed the 10th scale Revo's front bar and went ahead and bent a peice of metal throttle linkage from a T-Maxx that i had laying around as good as i could (with a child wanting to ride his bike in the street without me looking lol), to match it up. Seems to work very good!

Im sure i will be getting the Traxxas version when it comes out as they have the machines to build a better one.

Maybe they will use mine as a mock up and send me one for free??
    It's really not obvious how you made the sway bar..

It's not obvious to someone looking that their is a piece of bent throttle linkage attatched to the end of the tierods.. That is connected to the chassis between the shocks.. It's hard to see in the pic if you don't know what to look for..

I think he's looking for more of a step by step.. with more direct information..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by klaze
    I think he's looking for more of a step by step.. with more direct information..
    Im not going to direct someone on how to make a sway bar out throttle linkage. Thats kind of cheezy ESP if im not happy with it dont you think?.. Thats why in the rest of the thread i posted that i was making a different one (more like the 10th scale revo) out of aluminum. I will post up some pics with that one when im done with it.

When i said i bent a peice of throttle linkage by "eyeball" i ment that i looked at my 10th revo and tried to line it up as good as i could but in a obviously smaller version. I dont have a step by step way/version or a "how to" on manipulating metal into the shape i wanted, i just moved the metal around with my hands and a pair of pliers if thats what your looking for...

RC Qualifier
    Thomas P has a step by step tutorial somewhere on this forum

I found it:
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=482571
    Last edited by Precision Man; 07-13-2009 at 10:36 PM.
    HPI Savage LOSI Mini/MicroT, MRC Traxxas Revo VXL