RC Champion

Stock 1/16 Slash Wheels & Tires on Revo

Anyone tried it ?

Cheers

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey_aus
    Anyone tried it ?

Cheers
    I dont know realy why u would want too just too say the slash tires suck compared to the revo's slash tires have no grip
    http://www.youtube.com/user/josephdelrio

RC Qualifier
    Well I've got a slash and my friends got the revo so naturally we had too. IMO. The revo ran so much better on the track with the smaller tires. it did good enough where my friend order a set of slash wheels and tires so he can keep up with my slash sliding through all the corners. Now off road, the revo tires are so much better. Just letting u know oue expirence. (What's spell check?)
    free track. need tucson racers. PM me

RC Qualifier
    I would love to se pics!
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Champion
    cool lets see some pics
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    makes sense... I was thinking about getting some larger wheel/tires for my slash for better bashing offroad.. just for grins. I'll have to probably trim the body to make that work, but my first shell is already pretty scratched up... so I can butcher than one and get another when I want it to look pretty.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry so slow but here's the pics.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bdmooch

haha that looks so funny
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Qualifier
    It looks funny but handles the track like a champ. We raced his revo like that with my 1/16 slash today. I went down in pinion from stock 31 to a 23 in the slash to even it out. And we were nose to nose through the whole race. It was the most fun I've had in RC so far. Before with his revo he turned slow than the slash so every corner I'd slide past him. No more it rocks with those pizza cutters on it.

RC poster
    I would like to know if anyone has tried this as well. The Revo tires balloon badly at top speed with 2 packs and likes to flip. I'm thinking the narrower tires of the slash would hold their shape better.

Raced my friends new Jato 3.3 yesterday and it was pretty close up to 50mph unless one of us flips. Hard to lift the throttle when drag racing!
    1/16 E-Revo
    RC10T-oldschool
    Digger-ancient

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bdmooch

Those pics were very helpful to me. They almost caused me to buy the E-Revo instead of the Slash, but I went with the Slash anyway and I haven't disappointed so far.

Could you take a photo your E-Revo with the Slash wheels and the Slash body on it?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
    Those pics were very helpful to me. They almost caused me to buy the E-Revo instead of the Slash, but I went with the Slash anyway and I haven't disappointed so far.

Could you take a photo your E-Revo with the Slash wheels and the Slash body on it?
    Well I have the slash and the revo is my friends so when we get together again I'll get some more pics. We did put the slash body on the revo but didn't remove the rear wing so it fit funny. More pics this week.

RC Qualifier
    Well, here's the link to a pic of the revo with slash tires and body.

http://mobth557.photobucket.com/albu...AwODAuanBn.jpg

micro thumbnail ftl looks odd from the tiny pic.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Enthusiast
    I originally wanted to get a Slash because i figured the all wheel drive with the smaller tires would give me the style of handling that i want at the track. More of the Baja and rally style with the long drifts on the corners.
    Plus it would be nice to have a mini of my Baja 5T

I had to weight out the pros and cons and i ended up with the revo because i'd spend more time bashing in random places then i would be at the track. The wheelies, back flips, and handling at high speed is what sold me on the revo.

This thread helped me out a lot because now i can bash around on my revo tires and i'll just go buy some slash tires to use on the track.

On one of the threads i saw a revo with the slash body and it looked crazy mean so i was thinking of getting one and some slash tires for the track.
    Anyone have a picture of the revo with slash body and wheels?
    I know it might look kinda goofy but i'd have my revo tires on most of the time anyways.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by iMotion
    Anyone have a picture of the revo with slash body and wheels?
    I know it might look kinda goofy but i'd have my revo tires on most of the time anyways.
    Just to give you an idea of how the slash tires would fit...Here's a picture of my setup with on-road tires which are only about 1-2 mm taller. You will need to raise up the body with 1/10 scale body posts (RS4/4-TEC) if you don't want to butcher the body....

XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by all aluminum
    Just to give you an idea of how the slash tires would fit...Here's a picture of my setup with on-road tires which are only about 1-2 mm taller. You will need to raise up the body with 1/10 scale body posts (RS4/4-TEC) if you don't want to butcher the body....

That looks great!
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E-REVOdreamer
    That looks great!
    Thanks...too bad the tires didn't workout..

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=482732
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112