RC Champion

thinking about gettin 1, some ????

well atm i have a bandit vxl but i think the motor is wearing out and the receiver has given up.

i have heard mostly good things about these and im thinking of getting one but i have some questions.

i know its waterproof but what about batts how do they cope with gettin wet?

i have 3 2s lipos for my bandit how easily can they be used in the e-revo?

how much fun is this compared to a rustler or bandit?

i see theres been alot of problems with temps, but a heatsink and a hole in the body (or fan) will fix that right?

ive heard alot about the stock driveshafts popping of, will they do this with a 2s lipo or is it only dual 6 cell nimh and 3s-4s lipo?

were is the CHEAPEST place to buy one new? i live in aus so shipping is a big factor to.

this is going to cost around 3/4 of my yearly pocket money to afford so i want it to be good.

thanks for any and all help
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Racer
    Batteries will need to be plasti dipped or ballooned. Unless you get water proof maxamps ones
    2) Bandit batteries will be to big and will only fit on the roof of the shell by stapping them on.
    3) Heating issues: That will help but also gearing down is key.
    4) Popping drive shafts is mainly with 3s and dual 6cell in series. I believe some one cured this by using heat shrink tubing on the couplings.
    5)I think its more fun. The 4wd lets you get more places. But its less stable then a rusty.
    6) Check tower hobbies if you are a member.
    7) I think its well worth it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by POD87
    Batteries will need to be plasti dipped or ballooned. Unless you get water proof maxamps ones
    2) Bandit batteries will be to big and will only fit on the roof of the shell by stapping them on.
    3) Heating issues: That will help but also gearing down is key.
    4) Popping drive shafts is mainly with 3s and dual 6cell in series. I believe some one cured this by using heat shrink tubing on the couplings.
    5)I think its more fun. The 4wd lets you get more places. But its less stable then a rusty.
    6) Check tower hobbies if you are a member.
    7) I think its well worth it.
    yea i looked at tower its gunna be around $300 shipped or $320 for the faster shipping. shipping is $80-$100.

wat do you mean by "stapping them on" i think u mean strapping? if so with what?

could a custom battery box be made and stuck on top of the existing chassis?
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    yea i looked at tower its gunna be around $300 shipped or $320 for the faster shipping. shipping is $80-$100.

wat do you mean by "stapping them on" i think u mean strapping? if so with what?

could a custom battery box be made and stuck on top of the existing chassis?
    he means using tape and taping it to the roof of the truck...
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher

RC Racer
    Oops my bad. Yeah strapping. and konaman is right. There just isnt enough room in the battery compartments to house such batteries. The minis come stock with 1200mah battery. They are probably a good inch and a half shorter then a 6 cell pack for the bandit.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by konaman
    he means using tape and taping it to the roof of the truck...
    is there a more permanent solution?
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Racer
    Use the the smaller batteries that are meant to be used with the model or design are chassis that can hold bigger battery packs are probably your only solutions.

RC Racer
    Also the packs are the 2/3a battery packs.

RC Champion
    darn well i just ordered my new 2 lipos from ********* 2 weeks ago.

might have to make another order for some of the mini lipos.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Racer
    Yeah thats where i got my lipos from. Every seems to be running these as far as 2s goes.
    http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=6540