Thread: Questions

RC Racer

Question Questions

I am about to buy a 1/16 e-revo , and I had a few questions.

1 What are the best lipos?
    2 What is the best charger for lipos?
    3 How soft is the stock suspension?
    4 What is the maximum voltage it can handle?
    5 Can you get longer rockers for it?
    6 What should be my first upgade?

Thanks in advance
    "Wow thats amazing! How much does it cost?"
    "oh"

RC Racer
    1. It depends on your budget. Maxamps are expensive but mine are awesome so far. *****'s seem to be everyones choice of a cheap lipo that works great. I have some odered myself but waiting on shipping.

3. Stock suspension seems very soft to me. May be great for racing but for bashing I wasn't happy. I upgraded to black springs and 50 wt all the way around and it seemed to help quite a bit.

4. Traxxas says 14.4v I believe. Some people have run 4s Lipo's which is 14.8v without any damage they have spoken up to.

6. I would say springs and oil for the shocks. Other then that mine has held up pretty good other then the run in with a steel door at high speeds. My fault not the trucks...lol. Also maybe some different pinions so you can play with a set up that makes you happy.

Hope this helps some and good luck.
    E-Maxx Wicked Fun
    Mini E-Revo Freaking AWESOME!

RC Racer
    Thanks! Black springs seem quite rare (can't find any on ebay), but I will keep looking.
    "Wow thats amazing! How much does it cost?"
    "oh"

RC Racer
    I ordered a full set of each from Tower Hobbies. Guess I got lucky at the time.
    Here is the charger I use not sure how others feel about it but so far I like it and its easy to use after reading the instructions.

http://ecpower.com.hk/index.php?main...ducts _id=187
    E-Maxx Wicked Fun
    Mini E-Revo Freaking AWESOME!

RC Qualifier
    Buy a charger in the US, that way if it goes bad at least you have a half chance at getting a new one or getting it fixed. Things are cheaper in Hong Kong for a reason, you buy, you eat it, NO RETURNS!!!!
    ERBE+TEKIN RX8+MAXAMPS=TO TOUGH TO TAME!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    The onyx 230 is a great charger. it charges nimh and lipo.

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    yea, I agree w/ erevo guy. I have that charger and it's great on NiMh's. Just have to try Lipos sometime on it.

RC Racer
    You might want to look into the hyperion 0606i which has built in balancer. I picked one up and it works very nice. A little more expensive then the onyx but i have yet to read a complaint about it.

RC Enthusiast
    can the hyperion 0606i also charge nimh battery's

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by VXLbasher
    can the hyperion 0606i also charge nimh battery's
    Yes.

The only thing about the built-in balancer is battery compatibility. Will the balancer plug on my li-po work with my balancer? I'd get a onxy 230 and a blinky and not even think twice about buying li-pos and wondering if I can balance it.
    #$^**&^$#^*(()*^%$#@@#%

RC Racer
    Nah nothing to worry about. There are 3 different boards avaible. One comes with the hyperion charger. If you have a different type of battery you can always get a different the other board which is under 5 dollars. I thought about the duratrax charger but the hyperion just seemed a little nicer and all of the great reviews influenced my choice. If you are worried about compatability then i may worry over losing the blinky balancer since its not attached . But seriously they both have there good and bad points. The main thing that sold me was the hyperion can charge up to 6s lipo while the 230 can go up to 3s only. I might never go about 3s lipo but i still like to have it incase i do. Happy hunting.

Also check these lipos out. Great 2s for the money
    http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=6540
    Last edited by POD87; 07-04-2009 at 10:00 PM.

RC Champion
    Best batteries ..... hyperion G3 VX 1800 2S 35C/65C allerc.com
    Can safely be charged at 9 amps .... 5C in about 14 minutes.

RC Qualifier
    I second that. I have two hyperion G3 CX 1600 3s and two 2s. The CX is rated at 25c and the VX is rated at 35C. The CX 1600 3s fits the mini's perfectly. Price is pretty good too. I paid $33.95 each for the 3s and $23.95 for the 2s. I know it's a little more then *****'s or whatever off brand there is out there, but this is a "HYPERION". Sticker on the batteries say that it can be charge at up to 5c.