RC Racer

Stampede VXL vs T-Maxx 3.3

The big race is tomorrow. I'll be racing my transformed Stampede VXL against my friend's T-Maxx 3.3. My gearing will be 23/90 (I have a 25t pinion, but my 86t spur gear stripped a few weeks ago) and I'll be running a 2S lipo. His T-Maxx is all stock. Who do you think will win?

RC Qualifier
    The stampede of course.
    R.I.P Paul Gray
    1972-2010

RC Qualifier
    The 3.3 might but you gotta also consider is it a drag race or a race on a track cuz on the track the 3.3 will more than likely win with the 4wd. in a drag you might be equal but if he is also runnin a higher gearin he might win a 2s isnt that fast now a 3s on the other hand would smoke the tmaxx.
    RustlerVXLCliffClimber
    StampedevxlCx2Mini Lst

RC Qualifier
    2s not that fast? If geared right a 2s will crease 50 mph, so if it isn't that fast, what is fast to you?

In a drag race, your 'Pede should win. Just a question though: do you have an LHS nearby that you can get another 86t spur from?
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Wolfgnag, what kind of race?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    It's a drag race, probably only going to be about 1/8th of a mile long. I haven't had time to get another 86t spur, and with the 4th of July being this Saturday, both the LHS around my town were closed.

The T-Maxx 3.3 is advertised to go 45mph+ out of the box. The Stampede VXL is advertised to go 40mph+ geared 25/86 with a 7 cell NiMH. I'm hoping to make up the loss of gearing with a 2S Lipo. This is going to be a CLOSE race, I can already feel it.

RC Champion
    I've run a 25/90 combo with a 7 cell in my Pede off and on for a while and the gear combo fits without having to moss the trans case.

If it helps at all I was running my Rustler on 2s lipo geared 23/86 and clocked it at 44 with GPS (I was running Talons) before it had flipped. I think I would have been close to 50 if I could have gotten a full run in, my radio was glitching and it wheelied over a little bump and then flipped over and the GPS went flying, my dad was NOT happy, so that ended my tests. Do it without a body if you want to run quicker.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Champion
    Well who won?
    No matter where you go there you are.

RC Qualifier
    The fans!!!!
    R.I.P Paul Gray
    1972-2010

RC Racer
    The race has been postponed. I broke my left output yoke the morning before the race (funny how that always seems to happen) and we probably won't get another chance to run both our trucks again until this Saturday. I'll let you guys know how that works out.

RC Competitor
    You need a higher gear, he will likely beat you with that gearing. I would do at least 25/90 26/86 would be more ideal.

RC poster
    I run 28/86 and walk all over Revo 3.3's and Losi Muggy Mach 427's it is funny beating these guys on 2 wheels they look at you stupid when they lose