RC Enthusiast

I Think I Need An Intervention

Well today I went for it. I bought a 1/16 E-Revo. I think I need help.

I bought the Associated MGT 4.6 SE, the Jato, the 1/10 Slash, the 1/16 Slash for my fiance for her birthday, and now today I bought the 1/16 E-Revo for myself. This has all been since March of this year when I got into the hobby.

The scariest part is most people will sell one of the old ones and buy some new ones. I love all of mine and don't want to get rid of one. haha it can't be controlled.

Anyone else feel like they have a full-blown addiction?
    Regards,
    Brandon

RC Racer
    Yes I agree I have a E-maxx and Mini Revo and I have spent so much with Tower Hobbies I think I paid their bills for a few months and this has only been since Mar of this year. I even bought stuff for my buddies Bandit cause I figured he needed these upgrades/repairs...lol. This hobby is like a drug once you get a taste your hooked!!!
    E-Maxx Wicked Fun
    Mini E-Revo Freaking AWESOME!

RC Enthusiast
    Absolutely. I thought when I bought my first truck: "eh, I'll spend the money, play with it for a bit and then it'll sit in my closet or I'll sell it." And now I just cannot quit. I'm never home anymore because I'm out running the cars. Either with buddies or by myself in the neighbor hood. It's crazy.
    Regards,
    Brandon

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    You're not the only one man. And the first stage is to admit that you have a problem, even if it's a GOOD problem. lol

RC Racer
    Only quitters admit they have a problem...this is a perfectly normal addiction....lol
    E-Maxx Wicked Fun

RC Qualifier
    Lol, I think I am bad having two!! I can't even imagine what it would be like with 5 or more! I love the two that I have, though. Summit for the big rough 1/10th scale bashing, and 1/16th E-Revo VXL for my speed needs. lol. I use them both all the time!! Love it!!
    Last edited by SummitCrazed!; 07-03-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    [QUOTE=Corrijo]Welcome to the crazed family of summit owners.[/QUOTE]

RC Enthusiast
    It's so nice to express concerns and have support! Of course it doesn't help that I'm ON the Traxxas forum to get support. haha. My fiance of course wants to kill me at this point. It's funny to because everytime I'm in a hobby shop, someone suggests buying something & the most common response is: "If I go home with this the wife will kill me."

To boot that, we had a guy come in to the LHS a couple of times and we'd just change the sticker to look like some ridiculous low price so he wouldn't get yelled at when he walked in the door.
    Regards,
    Brandon

RC Racer
    Its EASIER to ask for FORGIVENESS then it is PERMISSION.....words of wisdom
    E-Maxx Wicked Fun

Boone722
    Quote Originally Posted by SpdFrkRR
    Its EASIER to ask for FORGIVENESS then it is PERMISSION.....words of wisdom

So true but atleast they know what we are up to and where.Who can stop at 3-4 ? Rc's I can't.

RC poster
    Don't feel bad, I too, share your addiction. It started with Jato #1 back in, whaddya know, March. It resulted in a "dang, when did that parked car get in front of this black and yellow 60mph missle?!" So, we moved on to Jato #2 (black and blue), thought that was it. Then, somehow, a big yellow Summit followed me home, no matter how I tried to ditch it on the way (in April)... I went to watch the races at the LHS and fell in love with it, wanting to compete, so I was still trying to make the Jato stop and turn without sliding, flipping or any combination thereof, the Summit is great, but not a speed machine, so some masked man tossed a Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR in the back of my truck that I discovered when I got home (in May). My son ended up making the honor roll for the entire year, so as promised, I delivered him a brand spanking new Slash (in June) that's spent as much time wheels up as down, but he loves it! So the other day (June 30th), I'm minding my business and some mysterious person left a mini Erevo VXL in the backseat of my work car... I think that I'm losing it. My friends don't believe that these things will follow you home if you handle them in the store.

Or maybe big brother is using them to track my movements... time for me to get my tin foil hat out!

Now I wonder if Traxxas will give me a tax write-off for spending $2,568 just in vehicles to date? And I haven't even gotten my Big Poppa ERBE yet....

Time to buy stock in Traxxas, Maxamps, Venom, Proline, Horizon Hobby, Preperation H (will need that if the missus ever finds my receipts)!
    Jato 3.3, Summit 16.8v, 8ight 2.0, ERBE 1/16 VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I feel you, check my signature...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    WOW! does your fiance even use all those cars?
    Got Li-Po?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i am very guilty of loving rc last time i counted had 40 or so traxxas vehicles. not sure the exact number right now. but it aint gonna be off by much. maybe one or two vehicles. nearly all my non traxxas vehicles are gone.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu
    i am very guilty of loving rc last time i counted had 40 or so traxxas vehicles. not sure the exact number right now. but it aint gonna be off by much. maybe one or two vehicles. nearly all my non traxxas vehicles are gone.

Dude....

Just kidding.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas Freak
    WOW! does your fiance even use all those cars?
    She has her own custom pink Stampede XL-5 but is not posted in my gallery... She didn't want to drive any of my cars because she was too afraid of breaking them, so I bought her one...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    I feel ya, at one time I had 2 Nitro Revo 3.3's, 2 Nitro Jato 3.3's, 1-Blackjack 55 inch gas boat, 1-Nitro boat, 1-electric helicopter and a Rustler VXL. I was ready to check into RC Hab!!! But I'm cured I only own a ERBE, Slash VXL and a Mini Revo and the wife has a ERBE, Rustler VXL, MMBaja and a Mini Revo, and about 16 Lipo Batteries, 3-Chargers and 2-Power supplies!!!
    ERBE+TEKIN RX8+MAXAMPS=TO TOUGH TO TAME!!!!