RC Competitor

E-Revo Spring Reviews!

Ok I started this to give everyone the valuable spring info they need all in one place. If you have upgraded your suspension by adding different rate springs post here and tell us the following

1- What springs are you running (i.e. which rate/color)
    2- What shock oil weights (both Front and Rear please)
    3- And lastly what you like and don't like about your setup

Feel free to include pics and any other info about the suspension setup that might be helpful to us all. Thanks guys!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    30 wt front stock green springs, 40 wt rear black springs.

Any heavier wt oils without the aluminum shock bodies is worthless IMO. The plastic bodies flex too much being so fragile and small.

Just like the rest, any time you change oils you need to change the springs and pistons for it to work properly. If you only change oils without springs you will get a sagging truck from it not being able to rebound fast enough for the next bump or dip in the track/road.

Vice- verce..

If you only change to a heavier spring and not a heavier oil to compensate it will be a bouncy truck..

Lastly, the only thing about the suspention i dont like is the fact that i had to go out and buy the bearings for the rockers, i think for the $280 they should have been standard. Also, i dont like the slop in the plastic push rods and turnbuckles. I will be getting the aluminum as soon as they arive.
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Competitor
    That was perfect keep them coming guys.

RC Qualifier
    1- What springs are you running REAR - BLACK-2.22 | FRONT - TAN-2.06
    2- What shock oil weights REAR- 100w Xray | FRONT - 80w Ofna
    3- FIrst off, im no ace with Setups and so, i only change and test after what i think its best for me, not for others. My setup can on paper look real strange, but for me it+s the fastest one.

Like: More pack then stock, and not as springy like the stock one. This is the first time i changing oil/springs on a car with "laydown shocks" if i should put in 100w in my 1/10 el buggy 4wd or 2wd, it will not be able to pass one lap. I have plenty of grip on loose surface, and tons on real short grass.

dislike: Still a little Springy in the rear, im in a need of more pack, but not much. the front is good, i have a lot of steering, but without to be hard(bumpy) or to loose (springy). The car still in higspeed turns, real quick ones can tractionroll, but with the length of the pusrods it wont help me exatly.

3b:Limiters front/rear : 0.85mm in front and rear

Overall:

Its a XXXX fun car to drive,still need some tuning.
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12

RC Qualifier
    I may jump up to 40wt-45wt oil and switch to alum bodies. Not to sure what springs. I would like alittle more tension the factory springs seem alittle to soft. Any ideas would be great. I can't wait for the after market stuff to hit. I do not want to make it to firm I run it in dirt while alot of guys run on street. Theyneedto comeout with a 1/16 4-Tec.
    Last edited by Redman65; 07-03-2009 at 10:33 AM.

RC Racer
    I have switched to 50wt oil all around and black springs. For bashing this seems decent for me and now I am able to go over some bumps that before would send the rear over the front and land on its top. Now it goes over them with a small bounce nothing major. Also noticed when I jump a small jump it doesnt bottom out and slam on the ground.
    E-Maxx Wicked Fun
    Mini E-Revo Freaking AWESOME!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SpdFrkRR
    I have switched to 50wt oil all around and black springs. For bashing this seems decent for me and now I am able to go over some bumps that before would send the rear over the front and land on its top. Now it goes over them with a small bounce nothing major. Also noticed when I jump a small jump it doesnt bottom out and slam on the ground.
    This is what I am looking for I will be jumping this off some medium sized jumps and I dont want the chassis to slam the ground on every landing.

RC Racer
    Currently have 50wt in front and 70wt in back with tan springs all around.

Will be adding black springs to the rear. Rear is still too soft.

RC Champion
    I run black springs rear with 70wt oil and tan springs front with 50wt oil and its been working awesome for me .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Qualifier
    Stock Shocks are JUNK!!!! But I am running 60wt/black springs all around!!! I can't wait for the aluminum!!!!!!!!
    ERBE+TEKIN RX8+MAXAMPS=TO TOUGH TO TAME!!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO7
    Stock Shocks are JUNK!!!!
    How are they junk?? Some of the best 'mini' shocks I've come across.
    #$^**&^$#^*(()*^%$#@@#%

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by -J-
    How are they junk?? Some of the best 'mini' shocks I've come across.

Exactly!

I changed to 50wt oil and black springs and hit the jumps at full speed with Li-Po power and they have held up just fine.

I don't see what problems people are seeing with them, especially the comments stating they are flexing. I took a pair of pliers to them and they didn't flex. I think some people are just aluminum junkies...
    ERBE - Savage SS -XXX-4
    1/16 Revo - Jato 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Well i agre to Revo7, but i do ot know what he means...i have noticed with sand the threads will disappear i did see that one collars was totaly F-up. i really hope alu collars will arrive...

esides that they are ABSOLUTE the best mini shoks there is
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12

RC Racer
    The hop up springs are shorter then the stock.when i put the black in the rear it won't come up has the front does.You have to crank the coller down more then the stock ones.If they made them the same size it would work 100% better.I wish the rear would feel more like the front.Traxxas should of made the springs the same size as the stock ones

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bosco72
    The hop up springs are shorter then the stock.when i put the black in the rear it won't come up has the front does.You have to crank the coller down more then the stock ones.If they made them the same size it would work 100% better.I wish the rear would feel more like the front.Traxxas should of made the springs the same size as the stock ones
    could you post some pics of these springs side by side with the stockers?