RC Enthusiast

Spacers on Rear Slash

I put 1 more spacer on each rear shock to make a total of 2 per shock, I have no clue what this does. Should i have it equal on the front as well???????????

RC Qualifier
    Putting a "spacer" on the shocks adjusts the ride height. You want the front arms level and the rear drive shafts level. You should do this adjustment with the battery in.

RC Competitor
    i run a big in the front and a big and a half

RC Competitor
    I run none on the front and a big one in the back, 1+ for rugruner

RC Qualifier
    Here is an insert from stampedeproject.com

Shock Pre-Load Spacers - Your stock Traxxas Stampede and Rustler suspension allows for allot of tuning capability for the beginner - although you may want to grab some softer springs if you intend on racing. In the bag of extra parts you get from Traxxas will be a shock parts tree with Pre-Load spacers attached. Everyone including myself wonders which to use or should you use any at all. The best course of action when just starting out is to go on the stiff side and install the two largest pre-load spacer sets 4mm (1 on each of the rear shocks) and 3mm (1 on each front shock). These should be installed in between the upper spring retainer and the shock cap. As you define your driving style you may want more spring tension (add more pre-load spacers) or less (replace with thinner spacers). Jumping and general bashing, you should probably error on the stiff side. If you notice your truck bottoming out a lot, you may want to add more pre-load spacers or even buy stiffer springs. To increase articulation for rock climbing and traction for racing on flatter ground, you may even want to go with softer springs. Spring rates are defined by lbs. so the less lb. rating the softer the spring. Unless you are simply using the Pre-load spacers to adjust the ride height, the pre-load spacers are designed to fine tune the response of the springs by putting extra load on them. So if you find that you generally use a lot of preload spacers, you may want to upgrade to stiffer springs or vise versa.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mattl
    i run a big in the front and a big and a half
    same here

fr 1 and rr 1.5
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Champion
    put your battery in it and add spacers as needed to raise the car up