RC poster

E-revo Brushless Hop ups?

Hey - First thanks for a very nice forum.

I've been searchin and couldnt find any info on hop ups?

I just bought the E-revo + e-revo 1/16. Time to upgrade!

First I wanted to upgrade basicly everything on the big one first, does Integy 2,5/3.3 Revo parts fit it ?
    Ei: Arms, towers etc?

Links appriciatet!

RC Qualifier
    Why upgrading before seing if it is usefull for you?

The e-revo is already a beast stock. If necessary I would go for RPM A-arms and other tires/rims, center diff and sway bars if needed.
    Last edited by Pulse; 06-28-2009 at 08:00 AM.
    Just play.

RC Qualifier
    This truck is pretty formidable as-is. My advice would be to run it stock and see what you break. Often a replacement stock part will be your best option as in many cases the stock parts are better than hop-ups. Avoid Integy like the plague - stock parts are better in ALL cases.
    Many swear by RPM A-arms and their true-track rear conversion. I also like the Traxxas variable damping kit and the Tekno sway bars.
    I prefer the plastic parts as they have some flex (RPM more so than stock) whereas aluminum will bend and stay bent.
    Last edited by Balistyx; 06-28-2009 at 08:08 AM.
    BE the Revo

RC poster
    I know you should wait and see what breaks, but I like all my cars blinged

Im for aluminium only, so would all the hop ups for the 3.3/2.5 -"old" e revo fit?
    Traxxas E-Revo Brushless
    Traxxas E-Revo 1/16

RC Racer
    If you do aluminium for everything your truck will become weak.

RC poster
    Traxxas E-Revo Brushless
    Traxxas E-Revo 1/16

RC poster
    I race a Elcon CLeon / Mcd ultimate 1:5, those are 100% aluminium, and have no problems driving competitions. If will only be as strong as your weakest link
    Traxxas E-Revo Brushless
    Traxxas E-Revo 1/16

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel.k
    nitro chassis.

RC poster
    SOrry, your right. Been comparing the Nitro vs E-revo. Seems theres lots of changes. Was hoping I could use alot of the similar hop ups
    Traxxas E-Revo Brushless
    Traxxas E-Revo 1/16

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Balistyx
    This truck is pretty formidable as-is. My advice would be to run it stock and see what you break. Often a replacement stock part will be your best option as in many cases the stock parts are better than hop-ups. Avoid Integy like the plague - stock parts are better in ALL cases.
    Many swear by RPM A-arms and their true-track rear conversion. I also like the Traxxas variable damping kit and the Tekno sway bars.
    I prefer the plastic parts as they have some flex (RPM more so than stock) whereas aluminum will bend and stay bent.

These hop-ups are what you should start with, they will help you the best!!! Again, AVOID INTEGY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!! IT'S CRAP!!!!!!!
    ERBE+TEKIN RX8+MAXAMPS=TO TOUGH TO TAME!!!!

RC poster
    Hehe, I've build a few HPI Baja's and I know Integy's quality. Perhaps that why you guys think alu is crap, you only had Integy to compare with

The price reflects the quality - And Integy is cheap, same as GH aluminium
    Traxxas E-Revo Brushless
    Traxxas E-Revo 1/16

RC Champion
    I know you should wait and see what breaks, but I like all my cars blinged
    Ah, ok, so you are looking to build a shelf queen, huh? Well, as all these people above have said, the ERBE is as close to bulletproof as you can get from a stock truck. If there are any upgrades to do, it might be RPM arms, although the stockers aren't bad. Also, new wheels and tires too, as the stock tires will tear inside of a few runs. If you want some "aluminum bling" go with the Traxxas Tubes for the toe links and pushrods, as they are great upgrades.

There are plenty of people here that have just beat the heck out of their trucks (myself included) and find no need for a bunch of aluminum, especially from a performance standpoint. I know that 8ight-e runs aluminum lower arms, as he races a supercross style track, but other than that, aluminum is a waste of money on this tough truck. Just my two cents, but if you want a shelf queen and not a racer or basher, most of the Revo 3.3 bling that is out there will work for you.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run full-blown UE Supermaxxes, which are almost 100% aluminum, and I am still telling you to stay away from anything aluminum when it comes to the Revo/E-Revo. If you want to build a shiny truck to put on a shelf, then by all means, but as much as you want...but if you plan on running the truck, especially if you plan on running the truck harder than an old grandma drives, stick with standard nylon parts.

Two things I would go ahead and upgrade to aluminum are the turnbuckles and pushrods...replace the stock steel units with Traxxas Tubes 7075 aluminum turnbuckles and pushrods., they are excellent, and better than titanium ones (IMHO).

The Revo platform is extremely durable, and does not need anything aluminum, except for particular parts that are needed when doing some specific upgrades. If you go to a single steering servo, you need to run the Pro-Line aluminum single-arm bellcrank. Of course, aluminum servo horns are nice to have because they don't flex, which keeps your steering precise.

Just remember, *bling* does not make your truck faster, tougher, or better...it just makes it brittle and more expensive to fix when it breaks, and it will break.

There is one company that makes a couple good aluminum products, though, and that company is RD Racing (NOT RD Logics)...they make some of the best knuckles available for the Revo, and you can also run their 8mm 1/8 style stub-axles with them, and their 23mm hex-adapters if you like 23mm hexes.

If you want all-out bling, sell the Revo and buy a Maxx, it has millions of blingy aftermarket aluminum products made for it.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC poster
    Allready had a T-maxx with everything possible.
    I'll prolly bash my 1st revo out, and when I need parts buy a extra - And then turn it into another shelf queen.

Hopefully the hop ups will come as the market for it grows.
    Thx for all the information.
    Traxxas E-Revo Brushless
    Traxxas E-Revo 1/16

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So you do want a shelf queen, gotcha...in that case, go ahead and buy all of the Integy parts, since they are shiny, cheap, and will hold up to shelf duty.

RC poster
    But which ones will fit?
    I would never bash integy parts.
    Traxxas E-Revo Brushless
    Traxxas E-Revo 1/16

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    So you do want a shelf queen, gotcha...in that case, go ahead and buy all of the Integy parts, since they are shiny, cheap, and will hold up to shelf duty.

To darn funny!
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    But which ones will fit?
    All of them.

RC Qualifier
    Why spend all the money to make it look pretty to sit on the shelf? Don't get me wrong, I like the look, but you can't do anything with them or they won't be pretty anymore. Why not spend the money on other nice things.
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Qualifier
    Because he has more pleasure to do it... I wouldn't do that either but if his pleasure is to have aluminum parts, then there's nothing more to say. Like Revo1 said he can take all integy parts. Mikkel never talked about performance or durability, he just asked what fit the e-revo
    Just play.