Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Proline Baja Bug Body?

Does anybody know if the Baja bug body for the slash will fit the slayer? Has anybody out there done this and how well did it fit? Thanks Guys!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

I guess it should the slash and the slayer use the same body just difference holes so you should be able to use it you would have to cut holes for the engine body post and fuel tank in it.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahaboy02
    Does anybody know if the Baja bug body for the slash will fit the slayer? Has anybody out there done this and how well did it fit? Thanks Guys!
    Here's the body on my Slayer This one is from my Slash have not had the time to do one with my Slayer. Its a real good fit .

Use rear holes for the wing they match up perfectly with rear body mounts. Front holes just make your own. Plenty of room inside for all the nitro stuff.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, Very Cool! I have the Pro-Line Baja Bug Body for the Slash coming, a set of traxxas 17mm hexes(I got these for $7.50+$4 for shipping off ebay, and there in excellent condition-Awesome Deal), and 2 sets of cheapo wheels off Ebay from Supra Sales. I'll post some pictures after I get everything put on and the body painted! Keep you guys posted, Again Thanks!
    Last edited by yamahaboy02; 06-29-2009 at 02:00 AM.
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Racer
    Personally, I feel it needs to sit a lil lower, which would mean losing the nerf bars, and either losing the front and rear bumper or tirmming the body to fit there.

It does look really good though! I may use one if I ever get a second Slayer for an E-Slayer conversion.
    Slayer (OS .21TM)
    Bandit (Roller)

RC Qualifier
    Yeah that's the plan, looks like he has it just sitting on there to give an idea how it would look on the slayer. I'm going to put it as low as I can! With my sweet painted body and imitation badlands, its going to look pretty sweet! Will have it posted by the end of the week, so check back!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Qualifier
    Here it is back on the Slash. Yes you have to remove the nerf bars and rear bumper.

RC Qualifier
    radicalray, that Slash looks awesome.
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Qualifier
    Well i received the body today and just got done putting on my bob dively liquid masking film. But I can't paint it till tomorrow because it recommends drying over night! Well I'll post some pics of the process while I'm painting the body, this will give some of you guys an idea how to paint lexan bodys! Cant wait to paint it!!!!!!!!!!!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Qualifier
    Well here it is, I didn't get to take pictures of the process. Maybe on the next body I will get to do that! Hope ya'll like it!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Qualifier
    Nice job. Work in progress would be awesome on your next one. I suck at painting

RC Qualifier
    Here some pictures of my body mounted onto my slayer, had to remove nerf bars and part of the rear bumper, also the front bumper! Also has Traxxas 17mm hexes and Big Blocks wheels!

I dont know if I want to remove the rear bumper entirely because that will then expose the rear sway bars for damaging them?
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Racer
    Totally awesome. Not crazy about the back bumper but still looks great! Dont let it get ya down! Paint job looks fantastic too.

Those big blocks are like, Pro-Line Badland knockoffs? amirite?
    Slayer (OS .21TM)
    Bandit (Roller)

I like it I ordered one for my slayer

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KROGOTH
    Totally awesome. Not crazy about the back bumper but still looks great! Dont let it get ya down! Paint job looks fantastic too.

Those big blocks are like, Pro-Line Badland knockoffs? amirite?
    Yes they are knockoffs of the Pro-line Badlands, they are much cheaper too! You can get the from Supra Sales off Ebay for 14.99 plus 8.99 shipping for the whole entire set, medium compound. They make a pro big blocks that are soft compound the there 27.99 plus 8.99 shipping! They have other different types of treads also, like racing spikes, mohawks, slick street tires, and others as well. Go and check it out!!!! Thanks for the comments, hopefully the next body I do will be alot cooler!!!!!!!!!!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Qualifier
    looks like im going to have to get one of thease in thenear future
    2-strokes: it aint fast unless u mix the gas.

RC Qualifier
    Oh I forgot to tell you guys one thing! When you mount the Baja Bug Body onto the Slayer, you have to use the spot on the body where you mount the wing (AKA spoiler). So then from there in order for it to mount correctly I had to cut and remove the EZ-START assembly and cut apart the rear body mounts to make them look like the front body mounts!!! That will allow the body mounts to go up into the deep holes of the Baja Body! Then I had to mount the EZ-START assembly to the roll hoop, so from there you have to cut out the screw holes and wire harness holes to correctly mount the EZ-START, or other similar place that is easy access. But where I mounted it there, I have to take the body off every time I need to start my truck. I will post some pics here shortly or in the morning if this confuses you guys! Thanks
    Last edited by yamahaboy02; 07-07-2009 at 11:35 PM.
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Qualifier
    Alright guys here's the pictures that I said I would post! There might be a different possible way of doing it but I think it would be really hard to put the pins on to hold the body in place, but I don't know! Anyways here they are:

So keep in mind that this is what you might have to do! I really don't think there is a better way and if there is, please post your comments or ideas!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Racer
    Ick. That area on my slayer is crowded enough as is. lol. Between my air filter, and my OS .21 carb being farther forward than the 3.3 and bigger....yeah.

Maybe I can do that when I get my E-Slayer together one day.
    Slayer (OS .21TM)
    Bandit (Roller)

I got my bug body yesterday and painting now I took the rear bumper off and used the brace cut off the bars and painted it turned it over and it makes a nice little bumper. I had the plate for the sway bar because I got the revo sway bar I don't have the ez start so it's not a problem.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy
    I got my bug body yesterday and painting now I took the rear bumper off and used the brace cut off the bars and painted it turned it over and it makes a nice little bumper. I had the plate for the sway bar because I got the revo sway bar I don't have the ez start so it's not a problem.
    Your body must not be the actually Slash body because the rear of mine doesn't look anything like yours where you mounted it to the rear! Look at my pictures compared to yours! Of the bug body!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Racer
    I may look into getting one for my beater body. My stock Slayer body is starting to give up on me. Dont thing it really likes all the cartwheels and landing on its top....

The Baja bug body looks great too.
    Slayer (OS .21TM)
    Bandit (Roller)

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaboy02
    Your body must not be the actually Slash body because the rear of mine doesn't look anything like yours where you mounted it to the rear! Look at my pictures compared to yours! Of the bug body!

It's the body for the revo 2.5

It's painted now I have to put the decals on.

RC Qualifier
    i think it looks awsome from the back due to the fact that like a real bug, the slayer has independant rear supension
    2-strokes: it aint fast unless u mix the gas.

Put some of the stickers on. If your going to get a body for your slayer get the one for the 2.5 revo #3238-61 it fits the slayer better.

Hey I finally got the Baja bug done

RC Competitor

Used the slash bug body... Didn't want to take off the bumpers or nerfs because of how much I use them Had to cut out alot for the easy start, but it turned out good for what I was going for.

RC Competitor
    I have done it. It took some work getting the body on it, especially the wing. They say the Revo 2.5 fits better.

Rookie Driver

RC Competitor
    As for the EZ-start; I didn't do any modications. Its in the same place. The rest of the pictures are in the photo gallery.

Rookie Driver

RC Competitor
    Nice man! I like what you did w/ the back window too. Was that body off the slash? Tryin to figure out why mine didn't have a wing.

RC Competitor
    Thanks TonyDMT. Yea, the body is actually for the slash. Took some work to get the wing on right. Even now I have to play with it to mount the body from the rear. Its a little tight from the back. The wing came with mine attached to the front of the clear body.

Why didn't you come up with some more colors for your car? Get a little more creative. I did it all with spray cans. I should get an airbrush kit. Most of all a mask...hehhee.

I used Candy Red, and bright white. Everything else is decals I collected. If you noticed I cut out the motor. I did not like it all. Makes the car look like a radio shack toy....hahhaa. Enjoy
    Rookie Driver

RC Competitor
    Wow. LOL! I missed the wing on the front of the plastic! I actually owned a '64 White Baja bug a couple years back. I also didn't want to go too far into detail since I am really hard on the bodies and am sure this is the first of many. My stock Slayer one is about to fall apart!

RC Competitor
    The stock body is garbage. The desert rat body is thicker and holds up way better. Even the baja buggy body is stronger material.
    Rookie Driver

RC Competitor
    This was just for kicks and giggles.

RC Champion
    cool pipe! Any performance gain, or just looks? I would think it might slow it down a tad with the stinger design...
    RC enthusiast!

RC Competitor
    I was just reading up on the pipe and found that it may be more harmful than good. I have noticed since I put it on that the engine starts to hesitate or stutter under WOT. Messed around with it alot, but the troubleshooting section says that some dual exhaust's don't give enough backpressure for the fuel feed. I gotta figure out what's going on.

RC Champion
    maybe you could put some kind of reducers in the stingers to get the overall outlet tip area the same size as the stock exhaust's single stinger... then you would have more back pressure.
    RC enthusiast!

RC Competitor
    What I did was cut the tips down a little bit below the bend. I also think when I put it on, I didnt get the header bolts tight. I lost them both and think that is why I was losing pressure. I just got some more from my LHS and so I will be doing a test and tune tonight.

RC Competitor
    After my initial testing last night, I think I got her figured out. When it warmed up, it was screaming! I didn't have my buddy's temp gun though and think she may be too lean still. No more hesitation at WOT at least!