Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    68

    My wife surprised me this morning with a 1/16 slash!

    Well I wake up this morning and my wife gives me my Father's Day gift. It is a pretty big gift bag. I open it up and there are two nice t-shirts on top. I remove the t-shirts and there is a bunch of paper in the bag. I was very happy with the t-shirts. My wife says "there is some else at the bottom of the bag". I pull out the paper and there is a 1/16th slash vxl! I was so surprised. The best part is that we went over to my uncles were he has a track built. I only got to run one pack through it because I ran out of time. It is a sweet little truck. It needs stiffer springs and heavier shock oil and it will be dialed. The track is hardpack and I didn't have time to water it so it was pretty loose. I also might upgrade the tires. I am very happy with this truck!

  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho-Savvy
    Well I wake up this morning and my wife gives me my Father's Day gift. It is a pretty big gift bag. I open it up and there are two nice t-shirts on top. I remove the t-shirts and there is a bunch of paper in the bag. I was very happy with the t-shirts. My wife says "there is some else at the bottom of the bag". I pull out the paper and there is a 1/16th slash vxl! I was so surprised. The best part is that we went over to my uncles were he has a track built. I only got to run one pack through it because I ran out of time. It is a sweet little truck. It needs stiffer springs and heavier shock oil and it will be dialed. The track is hardpack and I didn't have time to water it so it was pretty loose. I also might upgrade the tires. I am very happy with this truck!
    Dude - your wife is pretty awesome. You must have given her an amazing Mother's Day gift.

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    112
    You got hooked up... Big Time. Congrats and Great job Psycho-Savvy Wife..
    Rally, Slash 4X4, Summit 1/16

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CNL, OH, USA
    Posts
    47
    Congrats! That is what I'm talking about. My fiance got me the GoPro RC hero cam for Fathers Day. We're obviously not married and we don't have kids. She's just that cool! I got her the Slash VXL for her birthday comming up in July.
    Regards,
    Brandon

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Coast Central Florida
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by bart2546
    Congrats! That is what I'm talking about. My fiance got me the GoPro RC hero cam for Fathers Day. We're obviously not married and we don't have kids. She's just that cool! I got her the Slash VXL for her birthday comming up in July.
    You have a one in a million woman right there ! You should put a pair of diamond earings on the Slashys antenna when you give it to her.
    (2)E-LST's(2)E-Lightning Stadium Pro2's(3)E-Revo's

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    332
    Congrats dude! thats awesome!
    Got Li-Po?

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Genoa , IL.
    Posts
    1,934
    Hmm mine picked a fight with me and then left .....
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    486
    grats, i also got a 1/16 revo for father's day, but unfortunately it has not arrived yet.

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Posts
    508
    Me and my mom got my dad a mini e-revo for fathers day. It's pretty cool, but I will drive it today when he's not home. I already put 50 wt shock oil in for him, and tuned the suspension a little bit. It seems to handle well, but he's not a good driver lol
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

  10. #10
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    68
    My wife definitely hooked me up and surprised me. I can't believe she pulled it all together without me knowing, because they only started shipping out last weak. I will definitely step it up on her next birthday. Thanks for all the congrats!
    Last edited by Psycho-Savvy; 06-22-2009 at 08:03 PM.

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Genoa , IL.
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho-Savvy
    My wife definitely hooked me up and surprised me. I can't believe she pulled it all together without me knowing, because they only started shipping out last weak. I will definitely step it up on her next birthday. Thanks for all the congrats!
    You better , she sounds like a keeper !
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    I"m the same way R-Maxx19, I do all the mods to his truck. And dude, congrats!! Sounds like an amazing Father's day gift!! My lhs is supposely getting a slash today, I want to see it soo bad. But I want the erevo.....

  13. #13
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho-Savvy
    My wife definitely hooked me up and surprised me. I can't believe she pulled it all together without me knowing, because they only started shipping out last weak. I will definitely step it up on her next birthday. Thanks for all the congrats!

    Awesome, PS!! I';m not eligible for Father's Day yet, but what the heck, I ordered one for myself anyhow!! Looking forward to running my Slash next to yours!!
    Isaiah 40:31
    "Just One More Lap!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •