RC Racer

Should I change to the smaller pinion ?

Going to run 2 - 1600mah NiMh in parallel. Want to make sure I don't overheat

RC Competitor
    you dont have unless your going to run them in series....unless you want to it would run cooler...
    HPI E-Firestorm
    1/16 VXL Slash
    V3 Bonzer

RC Champion
    Running in parallel should not be any issue, basically that's the same as running a single 3200 nimh pack. But a better option might be to get a temp gun to keep a check on it yourself - you can get them for around $20 now and it's so much better than guessing how hot it is.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Racer
    I ask because the manual specifically states that f you run two batteries, to be careful of overheating. Guess I need to look at a temp gun. I hate the idea of stopping in the middle of a run and pulling the body off to check temps

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sggeaux
    I ask because the manual specifically states that f you run two batteries, to be careful of overheating. Guess I need to look at a temp gun. I hate the idea of stopping in the middle of a run and pulling the body off to check temps
    Thats why I like my DX3S with telemetry or you could make two small holes in your body so your infared sensor can reach the area you need almost as easy and its free

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sggeaux
    The manual assumes two "Power Cell" batteries connected in series for increased voltage (14.4v). Running in parallel the ESC/motor see the stock 7.2v. ESC & motor will be cool; NiMH batteries will get warm.

Essentially, this brushless system pulls more amps than any NiMH battery can supply.

The best configuration for "no worries" is a dual 2S lipo battery setup connected in parallel. Good voltage, adequate amps, great capacity.
    I approve of this message

RC Qualifier

Dazzman

I think I want the 1/16 Revo VXL and want some advise on the best set up for the longest run time. I am recent to rc and just learning. Thx.