RC Champion

whats the fastest i can make a 1/16 revo

ok well i am a nitro guy thinking about selling for brushless, i will be getting the brushless revo or 1/16 revo

the thing is that i just build this revo all brand new and i was going to go for the record of the fastest nitro revo, (and if i run it, it should be able to do it)(66mph is the record)

well i want something brushless that i could also hold a record for(i like having the best of everything)

i was wondering what one of the things could do, for wht i seen, your limit really stops at 4s lipos but i wanted to hear it from someone here

does this thing really do 50 with 2 normal packs, and if so, what would be estamated out of 2 4s lipos?(if thats posable)

i dont know much at all about lipos and what is what and what is good so if you could fill me in a little that would be great... thanks alot guyes(please dont flame for not knowing much about brushless, its new to me and i have alsys been a big nitro guy)
    As of 4-1-10 im back in the rc scene

RC Qualifier
    the full size ERBE record is in the 80s now.

RC Champion
    i know that, its held by the same guy who owns the nitro revo record (Over revO, and his gang) whoever buys mine will own the nitro record (with different gearing...)
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=480890

but i also am looking for something afordable so i think i might stick with a mini, but i also dont know if the mini is a good choice for me because the wife will only let me have one at a time(she is no fun) just owning a mini seen like its not enough

RC Champion
    I would get the 1/10 brushless E REVO before I would buy the mini , much more capable because its bigger (If you can only have one) . Dont get me wrong the mini is a really fun truck also .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.T.O.3.3
    I would get the 1/10 brushless E REVO before I would buy the mini , much more capable because its bigger (If you can only have one) . Dont get me wrong the mini is a really fun truck also .
    hahahaha yes she will only let me have one...the revo i just finished building in that link above is what i got now but if i sell then then i can prob pour a couple hundred more into the hobby with out her noticing. lol

the one thing i liked about the 1/16 is that there are no upgrades really, i feel i have to have them all and the 1/10 will take them all.....i guess i just have to think about it for a little bit before i jump into things,

BTW, what does a good set of lipos cost for the mini? i would want the best i could put in it, to make it the most powerfull. what would you recomend

RC Qualifier
    Max Amps makes some very nice packs, they are water proof and they seem to be very tough. Traxxas sais these trucks will go 50 with 14.4 volts, but Maxamps is guaranteeing 60 with their 3s packs in parallel. That is only 11.1 volts, so I am not sure if that claim will actually hold. But anyways, those packs are running about $75 each and I think you will need 2 running in parallel to get really high speeds thanks to their really high amp output. Do not forget to get a charger and balancer which seem to be going for at least $100. I have read about a couple people buying 2s packs called *****s for about $12, but I have not heard anything about them yet.
    HPI Savage LOSI Mini/MicroT, MRC Traxxas Revo VXL

RC Champion
    thanks Man, thats helps alot... im going to look around, but hey for 12 bucks its worth a try,,,, unless you mean 120

RC Enthusiast
    Go to hobby city, and try some *****'s. They are a decent pack ( a bunch of rc heli people use them), and for about $12 a pack, it really doesn't matter how bad you abuse them, once they lose their punch, or puff, it really doesn't hurt the wallet to get a new pack.

RC Qualifier
    why would anyone want to go faster than 50 is beyond me...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JOCKS_RETURN
    why would anyone want to go faster than 50 is beyond me...
    Just to do it. For example round has the 76 mph record with his ERBE with the stock motor. It is of course not practical for use in off-road racing or bashing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ProcessRacing
    Just to do it. For example round has the 76 mph record with his ERBE with the stock motor. It is of course not practical for use in off-road racing or bashing.
    ahhh..ok good enough answer for even bashing I dont see myself going full throttle unless I want to flip it or something.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROK3N
    i know that, its held by the same guy who owns the nitro revo record (Over revO, and his gang) whoever buys mine will own the nitro record (with different gearing...)
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=480890

but i also am looking for something afordable so i think i might stick with a mini, but i also dont know if the mini is a good choice for me because the wife will only let me have one at a time(she is no fun) just owning a mini seen like its not enough
    I wish you good luck to sell it, i wouldnt say it is faster without trying it though, yes, in theory you can beat the 66mph run, since i felt i could improve mine with the drag modified Picco .28 (stronger than the red dot), but anything can happen, 66 is not as easy as it look for nitro thats just what i wanted to say.
    And we are 2 in our "gang"

I have the 1/16 revo and its a blast!
    the 1/10 is faster though... but you have to keep in mind the mini is a ...mini.
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods