RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.

how long until we get a revo-style swaybar for these?

I was bashing my new VXL mini slash today in the street, doing speed runs, and I noticed that the suspension pitches around a lot in the corners, leading to many flips. I'm going to be roadracing it tomorrow (parkinglot race, should be good for the unlimited mini class), and in leiu of stiffer springs, I think a revo-style adjustable swaybar would be a good product to market. not just for those of us bashing mini slashes, those of us who would get the mini revo and race it could definitely use the adjustability. looking at the shock mount I can already see a way to work out a sway bar for the rear, although the motor may get in the way a bit. having the rear sway bar held down by the body would solve the issue of clearance with the motor, though. for the front, just a standard revo-style sway bar, tied to the black piece of plastic that holds the shocks down would work a treat. anyone have any thoughts on this?
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC Qualifier
    I was just saying that same thing to one of my partners!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Racer
    Yeah, I want a swaybar for my mini slash as well. I hope they put one out soon.

RC Qualifier
    Bu this can be done prety easy. Pianothread diff diameters. im no Traxxas guy, but i have looked @t the Limited Edition Revo and it seems not to hard to make ones for ya self guys. I "think" we will have to wait for some time to get those parts from Traxxas ?
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P
    Bu this can be done prety easy. Pianothread diff diameters. im no Traxxas guy, but i have looked @t the Limited Edition Revo and it seems not to hard to make ones for ya self guys. I "think" we will have to wait for some time to get those parts from Traxxas ?
    Ok, make it and give us a howto thread.

RC Qualifier
    I just took a long hard look at the Revo Platinum Edition photos and compared them to my mini revo. All traxxas did was slightly modify a couple of parts to add a few linkages for the swaybars. The front end will only really require a new chassis shock mount and a linkage mount on the rockers. I think that some sturdy wire, like piano wire, could probably be attached to the chassis with some slight modifications. The rear end is a bit more difficult. I agree that the motor would get in the way if you tried to use the same kind of system as the front end. On the platinum edition however, they put the swaybar on the very back of the truck. I think that a wire could probably be attached to the rear end somewhere just above the kicked up bumper. The linkages could be a bit of a problem, attaching them to the rockers could be difficult.
    Check out the Revo Platinum Edition, look at the photos carefully, and you can probably make something up for road driving.

Good Luck!
    HPI Savage LOSI Mini/MicroT, MRC Traxxas Revo VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Peowraaku
    Ok, make it and give us a howto thread.
    count on that mr
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12