RC Racer

Traxxas Ez Peak Charger Question

The charger says it charges up to 4 amps. Anyone know how it the up to part works? The charger has no buttons and is it safe to charge the traxxas powercell pack that comes with the revo vxl at 4 amps?

RC Racer
    It ONLY charges at 4 amps from what I know. Not good for these batteries. Get the MRC Super brain for like $10 more.

RC Qualifier
    if you use the A/C source the built in power supply will provide 4amps to charge your battery with... if you use the alligator clips and clip on to a 12v battery that only produces 2amps your charger will only charge your battery at 2amps if its 3amps it will only do 3amps but if its more than 4amps the charger will regulate it power to 4amps...

and it true what sggeaux said about not charging these little batteries at 4amps... at most they should only be charged at 2.4amps
    Last edited by konaman; 06-20-2009 at 10:56 PM.
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher

RC Enthusiast
    If you actually read the text on the powercell packs, they recommend charging at 1.2amps. 4 amps will cook the pack pretty quickly.
    Slash VXL....a grenade stuffed into a cherry bomb

RC Racer
    Shoot I payed $50 CDN for it at my lhs guess I'll return it. Anyone know any other charger to get that comes with a power suply?